Spend the night in Cindy's Castle

Discussion in 'Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promot' started by APB513, Oct 30, 2006.

1. APB513

APB513 Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place

Not sure if this has been posted and I wasn't sure if this was the right place to put it but here goes:

"Good Morning America" is looking for a deserving family to be the first to spend the night in the newly created Castle Suite high atop Cinderella Castle in the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom.

The family "GMA" selects will receive the royal treatment in this sneak peek stay — all part of Disney Park's Year of a Million Dreams. The celebration runs through December 2007 at both Disney World and Disneyland.

To enter online fill out the form and submit a photo of your family and an essay of 300 words or less describing why you deserve to be the first family to spend a night in the Cinderella Castle Suite (http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2522389).

Or you can mail your essay and photo to:
    Good Morning America's "Royal Treatment" Contest
    Ansonia Station, P.O. Box 234103
    New York, NY 10023-0470

All Mail Entries must be postmarked by December 23, and received by December 31, 2006; and all Internet Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM, December 23, 2006. Only one Entry per person/Address (regardless of method of entry or whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address).

Grand Prize: 6-day/5-night trip for six to Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL, January 23-28, 2007; includes 4-night resort hotel accommodations, 1-night stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite, dinner at Cinderella's Roundtable, 4"x7" photo with Cinderella, VIP viewing for SpectroMagic and Wishes, character breakfast at The Crystal Palace, 6-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper Option and Water Park Fun & More Option, $450 Disney gift card per person, welcome gift basket, and tickets to attend a special party associated with a Year of a Million Dreams press event (ARV $10,651).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Marilou

Marilou Slightly obsessed WDW planner of the family, but t

Thanks for the heads up! I showed my kids this am. They are going off with their dad tonight so since I'll just be chilling at home by myself...I'll get my creative juices going and start my essay!

4. MareSINY

MareSINY DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info, but I can't get your link to work. I did a search on GMA's site and can't find anything on the contest there either. Any tips?

5. Becky_Boop

Becky_Boop Mouseketeer

It didn't work for me, either. Try searching "good morning america" "royal treatment".

6. Marilou

Marilou Slightly obsessed WDW planner of the family, but t

7. DISDVCER

DISDVCER Addicted to Add-On's

This would be soooooooooo cool. I wouldn't leave all day. Just stand and wave out the windows. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

8. angipoo

angipoo Born and bred in a briar patch

subscribing for the address

9. APB513

APB513 Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place

10. disneychickforever

disneychickforever Queen of Disney Elephants

wow, that would be amazing! I think that would be an amazing trip to WDW.

11. amy2girls

amy2girls <font color=darkorchid>I'm glad you put clothes on

Wow :cool1: This sounds awesome

12. mystic_path

mystic_path You are never too old for a Disney movie

This would be freakin awesome! Im starting my essay tonight.

13. kimkreis

kimkreis Mouseketeer

Anyone heard if the winners have been announced for this? Would think they would ahve to be notifying someone soon since the trip is on the 23rd. 20 days and counting for that family!:cheer2:

14. Chester's Mum

Chester's Mum DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a link to pictures of the suite?

15. goudaman40

goudaman40 <font color=FF33FF>The TF's say 'Hello'<br><font c

Does anyone know who has won this? The 23rd is next week.

I entered, but I haven't heard anything!

16. Shells9

Shells9 <font color=FF99FF>Better yet -- what is the DUCT

These came from another website...I did not take them. They are not the official pics...those are coming soon.
    Pics

17. roseprincess

roseprincess <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

I have no idea,either, if anyone won yet, or if someone did win, they are sure keeping it very top secret! I'm hoping they are still judging the essays.
    According to the contest rules, GMA was supposed to announce the winner on their show this week, but I haven't heard them announce anything or anyone's name on the show nor their website. I even emailed GMA a couple of times and no response from the emails yet :confused3

Please, if any CMs know anything with the GMA/ Royal Treatment contest inside scoop, please let us know here on this thread. Thanks!

Or if anyone did get a phone call, email, get papers for the trip, please post here. TIA! I'm dying to know who won!

18. ADP

ADP <marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu

I'm sure they've picked and informed the winner by now, but just haven't revealed it to the public yet. They have to make sure the family selected can travel during the time of there stay in the castle.

Oh well, keep dreaming.

19. Shells9

Shells9 <font color=FF99FF>Better yet -- what is the DUCT

There is *very little* that would stand in my way for that let me tell you! I'd even postpone major surgery!:)

20. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

The winner was to have been informed on the 14th of January. So they know who they are....they are probably at WDW right now staying at whichever resort was part of their package...and then get their night at the castle tomorrow.