Speculation on Future DAK Attractions/Exhibits.

DisneyKidds

<font color=green>The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mo
Some interesting Jim Hill speculation regarding possible AK future items.................................
That CG was actually a very rough representation of an Audio Animatronic magma worm. This enormous robotic creature is supposed to rise up out of the volcanic muck at the end of DAK's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" attraction. WDI is reportedly toying with bringing this particular piece of Tokyo Disney Sea's "Mysterious Island" area stateside over the next 5 to 7 years. The idea is that the "JTTCOTE" ride -- particularly when it would be nestled inside of an enormous ride building that would be shaped to look like a smoldering volcano -- might make a great anchor for a revised / revived version of DAK's "Beastly Kingdom." Not to mention that this mountain would make a lovely addition to Disney's Animal Kingdom's skyline.
Now please keep in mind that we're talking about a DAK attraction that's still very much on the drawing board. Even if construction were to get greenlighted anytime soon, it would still be 2008 or 2009 before any of us could actually get on line to ride "Journey to the Center of the Earth."

First things first, folks. First "Forbidden Mountain: Legend of the Yeti" has to open. Then Walt Disney Imagineering has to decide what the theme of DAK's live animal exhibit area will be (I keep hearing that - provided that "Brother Bear" is a sizable hit once it hits theaters this fall, that WDI may opt to make Animal Kingdom's next big enclosure an area that celebrates North American creatures. Animals like grizzly bears, buffaloes and bald eagles. You get the idea, right? ... Anywho ...) Then -- and only then -- will the Imagineers decide whether or not they're actually going to add "Journey to the Center of the Earth" to DAK's line-up.
Who knows if any of this ever happens, but someone out there has ideas for the future. JTTCOTE would be cool.

At the risk of prompting another lecture from a recently departed poster (should he return) ;), let me clarify that I am not jumping up or down, updating my cat pictures, preparing any .gifs, or planning my 2009 WDW vacation based on the wonderful new attraction I am positively convinced is definitely going to happen.

That being said, since this is a rumors board it seems appropriate that we piece together info from various sources and see if it means anything more than 'someone somewhere thought of something (you know they always do) that is never going to happen'.

I've met my self imposed quota of independent sources talking about/hinting of/alluding to something similar. As such, it justifies a quick 'does anybody here know anything more' and some fun speculation. Feel free to read or ignore, provide any inside info you might have, or provide any opinions on why you think it may or may not be possible that any attraction the likes of which has been described in this thread might ever happen.

(There, did I qualify that enough :confused: ;))

Soooo.........................you see the Jim Hill Media info I saw a ways back. The following info comes from a poster on another news, rumors & imgineering board. As rumor has it, he is a member of WDI and worked on M:S. (btw - he provides some interesting info on M:S - Gary Sinise is the CapCom voice, you board an X-2 rocket for a flight to the polar ice caps of Mars, some details from throughout the attraction - such as the garvity wheel from Horizons and the actual NASA Lunar Rover which is on loan from the Smithsonian, sickness is not a problem for the ride)

All I can say at this point- there's a project I'm working on to appear in WDW perhaps in 2008 or 2009... features some incredible AA (audio-animatronic- definitely the largest and most complex figure ever built) and ride technology and would definitely be an E-ticket attraction (yes, with thrills but could also be considered in the style of a classic dark-ride). It wouldn't exactly be a direct-lift but is based on an existing attraction somewhere at one of the parks.

To my knowledge it hasn't been announced anywhere, although if you did see some of the travel channel specials that have aired in the past, you may have seen just a glimpse of what could be in store (which might clue you in to the park that's being discussed for this project). Now, my lips are sealed- I think I've given you enough of a teaser or just frustrated everyone for at least the next few years.
As you can see, this info jives with the JHM info and things people have seen on the travel channel. Note that this WDI person uses words like perhaps and could be. I don't doubt that this person is working on what he says he is working on - and that in no way means what he is working on won't get scrapped......................but I thought I'd throw out another piece of puzzle.

It makes sense to have a North American wildlife section at the Animal Kingdom. I like the idea. Why Disney has to wait to see if Brother Bear is a hit is getting a bit old....Mr. E, stop making the budgets of the parks tied in with synergistic relations with your pet movie projects!

I am intrigued by the comment that it would not be a direct lift from another park but based on an existing attraction. Let's just suppose he is talking about a N.American expansion. We have to rule a giant AA populated Grizzly ride at AK, right, 'cause they already have Kali (which really could and should be expanded and jazzed up)?

Yeah, I wouldn't expect Grizzley river rapids any time soon. Although if you ask me, it isn't much better then Kali. it trades a l9onger ride length for less theme.

But ANYWAY, I have no doubts that another land is in planning for AK. I doubt will see it while Eisner's still in charge, but the plans are there. PErsonally, I'd like to see south America, but North America could be cool.

It sounds like a lift of Mt. Prometheus. It could be themed to one of the volcanos on the west coast. You could have brother bears on the outside and a fantasy fire monster on the inside!!! ;)

Thanks for posting the info, DK.

Most likely it is in the discussion stages, and would be an interesting addition, particularly as part of a "revived BK"...

However, this would seem to be a more optimistic schedule for major new attractions going to one park than current management (Burbank) has been willing to adhere to.

But it is good to hear what ideas are floating around, and perhaps the company direction will change within the next few years so that we can get these major projects on a more reasonable schedule. (Reasonable considering they are spread over 6 domestic parks....meaning I think its very reasonable to expect at least one major attraction per year domestically that is not a clone of another domestic attraction. More than reasonable, I think it makes good long-term business sense.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter