Spectromagic Rumors?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by joshsmom, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Twiggy

Twiggy Earning My Ears

how sad

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

eventually even yoda died.

come on, people....first off - all their parades end up morphing into the same thing "the power of magical wishes and dreams presented with ______"

second, its time to GO!!! they keep recycling the same parades around the globe for 30 years or more. No parade is better that the same stuff over and over again.

third, in this high tech media world...does anyone even care about parades anymore? really...i can't even see what the hubbub is for anyone over the age of about 8 with these things. 1st timers...ok...i'll give you its cool. but they have no repeat value without new kids to show them too.

except the electrical water pageant...that's cool.

seriously...can we go back to one of the "hot air balloon" parades they had in the late 80's or 90's? those were neat at least.

4. SpectroMagic*o*

SpectroMagic*o* Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

OMGGGGG!!! I cant believe I'm reading this, I've been holding out hope for it's return for sooooo long!!!!
    I need a moment to mourn :sad::sad::sad:

5. SpectroMagic*o*

:rotfl2:I was thinking the SAME thing!!! Very strange!:confused:

6. 11290

11290 DIS Veteran

MSEP was hardly in "good" condition when it arrived at WDW in early 2010. Took months just to get it in parade condition for summer 2010 and is taking a lot of work just to keep it going. Tinker Bell float was out of service a few weeks ago for over a week and consumed a lot of man hours just to fix lighting issues.

7. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~Okay, I have seen the new version. I guess I was expecting them to look like the common LED Christmas lights, lol. :goodvibes

~No. My goodness -- I LOVE the night time electrical parade, so much! I really hope Disney keeps MSEP or create a new show, it's so magical. :cloud9:

8. nu2dvc

nu2dvc Mouseketeer

THIS.

I really am in shock cause I thought all this time that it was coming back. Decided to search and found this thread.

Sorry I did!

MSEP in my opinion is nowhere near as good as Spectro was. I can not believe they let it it rust, rot, whatever they did. Shame on them!

9. SamiL

SamiL Mouseketeer

Okay, then salvagable condition. It doesn't change my point. Which is: They managed to keep the old one from completely rotting away for over 30 years, and were able to restore it. But there's no hope for the newer one? It's in hopeless condition after just a few years?

10. makeitmagic39

makeitmagic39 Earning My Ears

The only thing I enjoy about the MSEP is the US float. And I guess Pete from Pete's Dragon because he said happy birthday to me two years ago. Other then that, the music makes me want to plug my ears and I hate that there are so few characters.

I LOVED Spectromagic. The music was so wonderful and the floats were pretty and the characters were much better. I was upset when they decided to take the Villain float away, but of course they have taken Villains out of the park almost all together. Except for during Halloween of course. Which sucks for those of us who can't actually go during that time.

Whateveskies. I guess I just wont care to make it to the parade when I am there this June. Bummer.

11. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Mouseketeer

Part of the problem is Spectromagic is controlled by PLC's on a wireless link and the PLC's used are ANCIENT and no longer available commercially, I think the real reason it was pulled was Disney ran out of spare PLC modules, To do the parade again would involve a fairly extensive software development project. This is ENTIRELY SPECULATION on my part. (except the bit about PLC's)

12. SpectroMagic*o*

Makes sense tho, I just read that's why they took the parades out of DHS. Some wireless technology problem. So hopefully with all the money Disney has, they can figure out a solution to the problem and restore the parades that so many people love!

13. kfelaco

kfelaco Earning My Ears

So sad.....when my family went to WDW in 2007, only myself and my DD went to Spectromagic, because older DS was sick so the boys and DH stayed back in the room. Her and I LOVED IT! It was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip! Thankfully, I took tons of pictures since I had no idea that Spectromagic was gone from WDW. We're going back this December, and was hoping to get the whole family to see it now that they're older. :guilty: sigh......