Spectacular Star Wars September Exercise Challenge

sophy1996

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the September Exercise Challenge! Disney has been releasing all kinds of Star Wars-related news recently, so the theme for this month is Spectacular Star Wars September. If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team!

This is how it works:
You choose a time goal (as much or as little as you want), and then you post minutes toward that goal as you exercise. (You can post every day, or just whenever you can.) All sorts of movement counts. You can set a monthly goal that means something to you, or calculate your goal based on a target number of minutes per day. Since September has 30 days, here are some popular conversions:

10 minutes/day = 300
15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress. This month the colors are named for classic Star Wars characters:

Luke Skywalker Blue 10%
C-3PO Orange 25%
Han Solo Purple 50%
Princess Leia Pink 75%
Darth Vader Red :darth: 90%
Jedi Master Yoda WISH Green :yoda: 100%

The challenge officially starts on September 1, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list.

May the Force be with you in September!

Updated 8:55 p.m. Mountain, 10/2/2015

Participants:

2manypets: 2480/1750 :yoda:
2TxAgs: 918/900 :yoda:
alievans719: 290/1000
chbc: 1485/1000 :yoda:
CruisingKate: 600/600 :yoda:

Dentam: 605/1200
DVCFan1994: 1515/1200 :yoda:
galaxygirl76: 935/900 :yoda:

hmack: 196/1200
kathleen27: 932/1000
lisah0711: 819/1000
LizardQueen8: 1345/1100:yoda:
pix13dust: 500/500 :yoda:

PollyannaMom: 505/600
PSUTraveler: 1538/1500 :yoda:
Rattpack: 1275/1138 :yoda:

robndani: 285/600
roxymama: 835/800 :yoda:
SarahDisney: 1613/1250 :yoda:
scdak: 1258/1200 :yoda:

Sleeping*Beauty: 205/300
sophy1996: 1280/1100 :yoda:
Tasha228: goal 600

Team total: Darth Vader Red! :darth:

21,414/22,438 = 95.4%

Last edited:
Love the September theme! Thanks for hosting! August was my first month participating and it really helped me stay on track (even though I'm a bit short of my goal). We're going to WDW in early September so I'll get a LOT of walking in! I'm going to set my goal at 1200 minutes.

The new theme :rockband:

Near the end of September my husband and I will probably start training for the Disneyland Star Wars 10K--hence this month's theme. With that in mind, I'm in for 1100 this month.

I'm doing the Disneyland Star Wars 10k, too. :darth: I'm also doing the 5k and Scream Teaming for the half. Maybe we will meet at the WISH meet. :cool2:

I'm in for 1000 again this month.

Thank you for hosting, @sophy1996 :flower3:

I need to get my training for Avengers weekend (I'm doing the Gauntlet Challenge +5K) back on track after a very off schedule and busy summer. So, I would like to join in hoping that having others to be accountable will help get me to my goal:) My training plan averages out to about 45min/day of running or crosstraing 6 days a week. Some of my weekend long runs should go over an hour (up to 8 miles by the end of September). So I will shoot for 1200 minutes for the month.

Thanks for hosting and inviting new comers!

Thanks for hosting this! Totally thematically appropriate, especially as I try to decide ... well, let's be honest ... try to convince the SO to let me go to the Dark Side race weekend. Who else is hoping to register this month?

Going to shoot for a goal of 1138

I'm doing the Disneyland Star Wars 10k, too. :darth: I'm also doing the 5k and Scream Teaming for the half. Maybe we will meet at the WISH meet. :cool2:

Wow, you're going to have a busy weekend! I didn't realize there was a WISH meet. I'll look for it.

I need to get my training for Avengers weekend (I'm doing the Gauntlet Challenge +5K) back on track after a very off schedule and busy summer. So, I would like to join in hoping that having others to be accountable will help get me to my goal:) My training plan averages out to about 45min/day of running or crosstraing 6 days a week. Some of my weekend long runs should go over an hour (up to 8 miles by the end of September). So I will shoot for 1200 minutes for the month.

Thanks for hosting and inviting new comers!

Welcome! Good luck with your training this month!

Thanks for hosting this! Totally thematically appropriate, especially as I try to decide ... well, let's be honest ... try to convince the SO to let me go to the Dark Side race weekend. Who else is hoping to register this month?

I just saw that announcement this week! And cursed Disney...

I'm going for 900 minutes this month. We'll also be in Disney for a week and while there is going to be a lot of walking and I may be able to fit an actual workout or two in, I don't think I'm gonna remember to track because I'm going to be too busy stuffing my face :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter