Specialty Cake at The Wave

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Kuzco, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuzco

Kuzco DIS Veteran

I am traveling to WDW in May with friends, two of which will be celebrating their anniversary. We'd like to do something special for them by ordering a cake for our dinner at The Wave. Has anyone ever ordered a specialty cake for lunch/dinner at The Wave through the cake hotline? If so, what options were available? I've been reading that different restaurants have different types of cakes available.

Thanks! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kuzco

Kuzco DIS Veteran

Of course I find the cake threads AFTER I post this... Maybe the answer to my question lies in those threads. ;)

4. Belle5

Belle5 DIS Veteran

I do not know if you already have your information since this thread is a bit old. You may even be at WDW right now.

But, FWIW, I did order a custom cake in Sept. 2008 at the Wave. It was chocolate cake with an Irish Creme "wash" all over the cake. It was filled with a chocolate mousse filling and frosted with a chocolate buttercream icing. The cake was delicious the next day after it had time to thaw! But, unfortunately for us, when it was served it was cold and hard.

Should I order from them again, I would call several hours before our dinner and make sure they had put the cake out to thaw.

5. Kuzco

Kuzco DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reply. We leave in about 3 weeks, so the timing of this is perfect. :)

6. Belle5

Belle5 DIS Veteran

Oh, good! I am glad you haven't gone yet!

7. Tricia1972

Tricia1972 <font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon Moderator

Glad that you found the cake thread. That will be the best resource for you. :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.