Speciality Coffee Mug

I am glad I found this thread. I have in recent months started drinking coffee again, and I have not purchased a "good" travel mug. From reading this thread, I might have to pick me one of these up to be used as my daily mug.
As always DIS-Boards full of great information. :thumbsup2

Does anyone have a picture of this mug please?

I saw a picture on the In Room Gifts & Shopping page of the DCL site. It looks like a typical 22 oz. glass mug, like you'd get at your local brew pub, but with a DCL logo printed on it.

I don't see it. Do you have a link?

ETA Are you talking about the beer mug?

Yeah... I got confused as I was following another thread about the beer mug.

Can you tell I plan to do a lot of drinking on my cruise? :rolleyes1

Sorry about that!

Ok - so I didn't find out until the last night when they were closing that the snacks at Cove Cafe were free - but what about regular coffee? And can you add flavor syrup for free to it? Ie, I like a hint of vanilla on mine...

TIA.

Does anyone know if you can bring your beer mug from past cruises to reuse and get same discount?

So do you get one free coffee drink with the mug? Or is there a deal when you bring it back for a refill? Or do they consider your 'free' coffee the one you get when you buy the mug? I've really got to cut back on the caffeine...

I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this one, is there a deal on the price of coffee if you bring the mug back for refills? :surfweb:

melissa208 said:
Does anyone know if you can bring your beer mug from past cruises to reuse and get same discount?

Yes! My husband has brought his back on our past 2 cruises (most recent Jan. 24) and he purchased in 2010.

I know this is an old thread but rather than start a new one I decided to just post here... Does anyone have a link to a pic of the "specialty coffee mug"? Also, isn't it enough to just stick with the 15% tip already included in the cost of the drink? Of course, if a CM was taking a lot of time to get to know us and/or going above and beyond I would most definitely acknowledge that with an additional tip but if you're just popping into Cove Cafe for a specialty coffee there's no expectation from the CM for extra, right? (This goes for anywhere else onboard as well.) We never make it to any adult-exclusive areas but our next cruise is a 7-nighter and I would love to pop in briefly for a frappe or yummy martini.

The 15% auto tip on your tab is split among the the bartenders and servers outside of the restaurants. If you add a tip to your bill on top of the 15% it goes to that CM who served you.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! We drink a lot of coffee (probably too much! ;)) Love the idea of buying the mug. Do you just go to the cove to buy it that first day? Thank you!

Yes! My husband has brought his back on our past 2 cruises (most recent Jan. 24) and he purchased in 2010.

Apparently, at the end of your cruise you can exchange your mug for a token and then on your next cruise you can get your mug back again to save you transporting it back and forth.

So, I've heard loads about the Beer Mug and also the Souvenir Cocktail glasses. However, one thing I've never seen mentioned on these boards is what I stumbled across on the DCL website the other day. Under the Cove Cafe section of the website, at the very bottom, this is mentioned...

"Guests who purchase a specialty coffee mug—available in Cove Café and other shops onboard—are entitled to a complimentary coffee in Cove Café. Snacks are complimentary."

Does anyone know what this mug is and how it works? I've never seen or heard anything of it until I read this.

Hmm, reading a few other threads it seems if you buy a certain coffee mug from a shop on the ship, you get one free coffee that you can redeem at cove cafe. So this may not be a 'special' cove cafe mug.

melissa208 said:

Yes, I bring my mug token back for the last three cruises without a problem.

I am not a coffee drinker, but I am a tea drinker, and I wonder if there is any option for tea refills in the travel mug.

I got a mug on the Alaska cruise also. It was the last Alaska cruise in 2011 and they were selling them 2 for 1 so my friend got one too. I'm totally unaware of anything about free refills and we were not offered anything free except the extra mug. Neither of us drinks coffee though. I did get some coffee in mine once but I asked them to put booze in it, so it wasn't free. We never even asked if we could have free tea in them.

I've never seen mugs for sale in the Cove on any other cruise and I've taken 11 of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter