Special Wednesday Podcast Recording

Can Mike discuss the best way to take pictures with an iPad in the parks?

The Best way is to not take one at all with an Ipad!!
smilies%20(311).gif

I agree, nothing more annoying than the way that you can be standing watching a show at Disney and have a hundred people (or even just one) holding Ipad's over there heads blocking your view. I feel like saying - I don't really want to watch this show through your iPad, thank you.

So, if you take pictures with your Ipad, please don't hold it over your head.

I agree, nothing more annoying than the way that you can be standing watching a show at Disney and have a hundred people (or even just one) holding Ipad's over there heads blocking your view. I feel like saying - I don't really want to watch this show through your iPad, thank you.

So, if you take pictures with your Ipad, please don't hold it over your head.

I agree. I got to watch the grand opening that was done at Cinderella Castle of New Fantasyland through a womans Ipad because she put it up as soon as it started. I had a great spot to watch it from until she did that.
I even asked her to put it down so I could see but she rolled her eyes and me and kept holding it up.

So here's my question for the show:

How do you organize all of the cords? Mine get to be such a jumbled mess when I travel.

How about some tips on packing the "technology bag"? Here are a couple that I try to follow:

• Put the most needed things on top or in a side pocket. Things like the charger(s) for your phone/camera/computer/whatever.
  • Use the same location for your stuff every time so you know just were to look for them.

This reminds me that I need to go label the pockets in my photographer's vest. I can never find where I put that 67mm circular polarizing filter.

I agree. I got to watch the grand opening that was done at Cinderella Castle of New Fantasyland through a womans Ipad because she put it up as soon as it started. I had a great spot to watch it from until she did that.
I even asked her to put it down so I could see but she rolled her eyes and me and kept holding it up.

So here's my question for the show:

How do you organize all of the cords? Mine get to be such a jumbled mess when I travel.

:thumbsup2

How about cell phones in foreign countries? Do you need to get a sim card or should you get a throw away phone once you get overseas?

:wave2:

It depends on what you are trying to do. I turn on international roaming on my phone with the carrier and then purchase a SIM Card (with Data) when I get overseas for my Ipad.

How about cell phones in foreign countries? Do you need to get a sim card or should you get a throw away phone once you get overseas?

:wave2:

Holly, I do the same thing as Mike. Understand that you must first make sure your phone works overseas. I know most AT&T phones do but can't vouch for anything else. But "turning on international roaming" simply discounts the cost. You still pay an arm and a leg per minute rate to talk on the phone. I also suspect the throw-away phone cost a lot if you are using it to call back to the US. I don't know, though.

If you want to use the phone for data, you'll need to have a phone that will let you switch sim cards or you will pay a ridiculously high rate for data. If you are "under contract" on your phone, odds are you can't switch out the sim card.

As for data, AT&T wants $120 for 800 megabytes of data. I bought an iPad sim card in Rome for €25 that gave me 5 gigabytes of data (and I use all 5 gigabytes too). I think John and Kevin found it slightly cheaper.

If you want to use the phone for data, you'll need to have a phone that will let you switch sim cards or you will pay a ridiculously high rate for data. If you are "under contract" on your phone, odds are you can't switch out the sim card.

On Verizon Iphone 5's, the SIM Card Slot is active and is not locked. So in theory, you could also add an ATT or International SIM if you need to. :rolleyes1

Hey folks, unfortunately we've had to postpone our Travel Tech segment so we won't be going live tomorrow. We'll be doing it on a later date though and we'll announce that soon.

Definitely keep your questions and suggestions coming in! You can also email us at podcast@disunplugged.com. Thanks!

Thanks for letting us know.

I presume the delay was so that one of the hosts could go out and buy more technology. :badpc:

Hoping it isn't anything more serious than technical difficulties.

Jack

On Verizon Iphone 5's, the SIM Card Slot is active and is not locked. So in theory, you could also add an ATT or International SIM if you need to. :rolleyes1

Just yesterday....I put a Tmobile SIM in my Verizon 5.

The SIM Slot on VZW Iphone5's are unlocked. VZW does not use a SIM natively for their CDMA radio.

Hey folks, unfortunately we've had to postpone our Travel Tech segment so we won't be going live tomorrow. We'll be doing it on a later date though and we'll announce that soon.

Definitely keep your questions and suggestions coming in! You can also email us at podcast@disunplugged.com. Thanks!

Glad I checked here. I just tuned into livestream and nothing. Thought I had hallucinated the email. :rotfl:

Did it work, Skip? I've been waiting for TMobile to get the iPhone (I'm still using my 2001 Nokia 5190). Is your Verizon unlocked or are Verizons never locked? Thanks!

As Mike said, the GSM slot on the Verizon 5 is unlocked. I bought a prepaid SIM from Tmobile, as a backup. It worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!