Special Trip for Mom! Which Resort?

roozlilone

"Por favor mantengase alejado"
We are doing a last minute trip the weekend of February 5! We are taking my Mom and she has never stayed at a Disney hotel (Growing up with 6 kids in my family we always camped at the Fort Wilderness). I want this to be special trip, she is soooooo...excited. Question? There will be 3 adults and 2 children? Which hotel will comfortably fit 3 adults? Should I do home-away-from-home resorts? Suggestions for making it special? It's been 10 years since she has been to Disney! Please help! :Pinkbounc

I am assuming first choice is near the MK - I love the Polyn - but for 3 adults and 2 children I would with the VWL 2 bedroom villa.

unless you can afford 2 rooms at the Polyn.

if the Epcot/Studios fits your family better - there is the BCV or BWV - again 2 bedrooms.

You and your husband in one bed - your mother in the bed in the second bedroom - your kids on the sofa beds.

You can rent points from a DVC member and save you some cash.

I took my DM with us, for the first time in the summer of 2002. We stayed at the Poly. She needed a wheelchair to get around in so a resort on the monorail made it easy to get back to our room. I just got back from WDW (taking DM on her 2nd trip) and we stayed at the Swan. From there I could wheel her to Epcot and MGM. Both places are perfect for pampering that special mom! :D

TC :cool1:

I think staying in the monorail resorts just adds to the magic. This is how it works in the rooms. You will have 2 queen beds and one equivalent of a twin bed. You didn't say if any of the adults are married. If not, then put one adult in each bed, and those in the queen beds get a little bed mate. You could comfortably do this at any of the monorail resorts. The bathroom at the Contemporary wins for the best design... you have a large room with 2 sinks and a tub, then a small room off of that with the toilet and another sink. The Contemporary and the Polynesian rooms are bigger than those in the Grand Floridian and with 2 children, you may feel more comfortable in one of these resorts. My personal preference is the Polynesian.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

I took my mother in October and we stayed at AKL she fell in love with AKL! I know when I take her again that is where we will stay. I put together a guidebook for my mother with info about the resorts we were staying at, new attractions that had opened since her last visit (ten years prior) I even scanned in some old family photos from previous WDW visits. She really enjoyed it.

I would suggest an Epcot resort or a MK resort just for convinience and because they are all deluxes. There are good bargins to be had at the Swan and Dolphin, but some feel they are not Disney enough, I for one love them. The Poly is awesome and I have stayed there. Good luck and enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter