Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!

Hi, Melissa! :wave:

Nothing like being almost two months late for your live TR! :sad2: I haven't been on the RC thread much for the last few months so I missed the exciting news of your trip. Very happy I noticed your link today and so enjoyed your TR! I'm sorry to have missed it live. Really, it sounded just about perfect! Love the photos ...thanks so much for sharing it with us. :hug:

CR was our first Disney resort way back in 1982 - we stayed in the now nonexistent North Wing. Our room was close to the Tower...I will never forget when we opened the drapes and the monorail glided past...sigh...we were hooked. Although no balcony, from many of the "parking lot view" rooms Space Mountain could be seen, as well as the Train Station and of course, the monorail gliding by. We loved it even more than the Tower, where we stayed the following summer for our first and last 4th of July visit - Oh my, the crowds! We got stuck in the crowds at TTC and did not make it back to our TPV balcony in time to see the 4th fireworks! We were coming back from EPCOT (the first summer it was open) and never expected to get stuck in massive crowds at TTC.

Back then when booking a Tower room, either side was a request - we decided not to make a request as we knew we would enjoy Bay Lake or MK view. We we were very happy to have a MK view..but as odd as it sounds, we thought it more of a glorified parking lot view! We must be some of the few who think that - though I have heard it mentioned on the DIS occasionally. We stayed in the Tower twice, but preferred the North Wing, parking lot view. Go figure! Poly became our home, but CR holds wonderful memories - still miss the North Wing...not a fan of BLT because it meant demolishing "our" wing. ;)

Well, darn! Sorry to go on...your delightful TR brought back so many cherished memories. So happy you had a wonderful trip! :grouphug:

Christine, I am glad you found it :)

I think the reason I didn't feel the "parking lot" view so much is that we were high enough up and just stayed focused on the MK, GF, monorail, etc.

I am glad that CR has so many memories for you. When we asked Steven last yesterday about going in May we said we would not be able to stay at CR because the prices are too high at that time. He looked at us straight faced and said eh would rather not go if he can't stay at CR, DH and I busted out laughing. He did eventually say he would compromise with YC ;) I had to get his permission to book BLT for next year.

We really had such a great trip. It was the first time we wet for longer than a long weekend and it did feel more magical. I am looking forward to a full week next year :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Christine, I am glad you found it :)

I think the reason I didn't feel the "parking lot" view so much is that we were high enough up and just stayed focused on the MK, GF, monorail, etc.

I am glad that CR has so many memories for you. When we asked Steven last yesterday about going in May we said we would not be able to stay at CR because the prices are too high at that time. He looked at us straight faced and said eh would rather not go if he can't stay at CR, DH and I busted out laughing. He did eventually say he would compromise with YC ;) I had to get his permission to book BLT for next year.

We really had such a great trip. It was the first time we wet for longer than a long weekend and it did feel more magical. I am looking forward to a full week next year :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I think boys really get CR (BLT too and hear the pool is great over there!). I am looking at resort for a 4 ngt trip with Sophia - she will be 5 (!!!) on Sept 2 and I'd like to her the last week of August as a birthday trip. Of course $$ is always a factor in choosing a resort, but being it is her first real trip (one day at MK in Jan) I'd like to spurge a little. We will only do 2 park days, both MK. Next year we will do more (and I want her mom and dad to have the privilege of doing each park for the first time with her). Anyway...keep looking at CR GV, but know she would enjoy the boat from WL. Poly is out of the budget. Maybe I should look into renting points at BLT - studio would be fine, even a std view would do.

I am SO excited you will have a full week next year...and BLT one bedroom!!:cool1:

Hi there!

Not sure how I missed the link in your signature....but I did! :upsidedow Now I've got to go back and read:thumbsup2 The weather is not cooperating for pool time today, so it's the perfect day to play catch up.

Heather

Hi Melissa,
The baby stayed asleep for 45 minutes so I got to finish your report! Loved it. Glad to see you are headed back next year. Life is always better when there is a trip in the planning stages.

I'm sorry about BoG - you are amazing that you shook it off so fast! Some people would have let that ruin the trip. Sounds liek you had a wonderful time!
WHAT an amazing view!
Hope I can try CR soon, I love that you can just walk to the MK!
Glad you were well looked after by all the chefs!

Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Hi Melissa,
The baby stayed asleep for 45 minutes so I got to finish your report! Loved it. Glad to see you are headed back next year. Life is always better when there is a trip in the planning stages.

I'm sorry about BoG - you are amazing that you shook it off so fast! Some people would have let that ruin the trip. Sounds liek you had a wonderful time!
WHAT an amazing view!
Hope I can try CR soon, I love that you can just walk to the MK!
Glad you were well looked after by all the chefs!

Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading along! It was really an all over the place TR with alot of chatter, but that is how my life is anyway :goodvibes

We are looking forward to going back, but the kids are saying they cant wait until Feb, so we will see what the fall will bring :rolleyes1

Last night DH and I were sitting on the balcony looking over at the MK and said how truly submerged in Disney we felt. There truly is something magical about the CR TPV. He even said it wasn't even just the TPV but looking over to the GF and Poly is beautiful. As long as it is sunny in the morning I'll take some pics to post of the view.

You are sooooo right! I love the CR!!! When you're able to see the MK, Poly and GF, you feel totally immersed in Disney nostalgia. When I was a kid, the CR is where we stayed so it holds a special place in my heart.

After much deliberation and compromise, we finally landed at The Wave for breakfast. Contempo Cafe was a zoo and DS took one look and said no way!!!

:thumbsup2 The Wave is great, isn't it?! I think it's one of those overlooked places that people don't think about going.

Glad yall had a wonderful stay at the CR! Thanks for sharing your adventures :goodvibes

Heather

The CR was my first resort on my first trip as a kid and I can't wait to stay there as an adult in Dec as the second resort of a split stay. We made 2 ressies for breakfasts at the Wave and one at Chef Mickey's. We have eaten breakfast at CM but this will be a first for us at The Wave. We like that it has a buffet and menu.

You are sooooo right! I love the CR!!! When you're able to see the MK, Poly and GF, you feel totally immersed in Disney nostalgia. When I was a kid, the CR is where we stayed so it holds a special place in my heart.

:thumbsup2 The Wave is great, isn't it?! I think it's one of those overlooked places that people don't think about going.

Glad yall had a wonderful stay at the CR! Thanks for sharing your adventures :goodvibes

Heather

We really did feel so immersed in Disney at the CR. We loved the view and atmosphere at YC but the CR really just is truly all Disney pixiedust:

Yes, I was sorry we didn't try The Wave when we were there in December. Such great fresh food!!! My kids are still talking about Chef Dave and how they cant wait to go back and eat at The Wave :goodvibes

The CR was my first resort on my first trip as a kid and I can't wait to stay there as an adult in Dec as the second resort of a split stay. We made 2 ressies for breakfasts at the Wave and one at Chef Mickey's. We have eaten breakfast at CM but this will be a first for us at The Wave. We like that it has a buffet and menu.

I really cant say enough great things about The Wave! Have a great time in December!!!!

I know more and more amusement parks, zoos, etc are trying to be accommodating with allergies but we feel that Disney is the best and can't wait until December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter