Speakers for Candlelight Processional

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by llebrekniT, Sep 23, 2003.

1. llebrekniT

llebrekniT I did know once, only I've forgotten

Does anyone have an idea when the speakers will be/usually are announced? We will be @ WDW 12/11 - 12/17 and I'm kind of waiting to see who our speaker would be.

Thanks in advance for your help:wave:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. trola2

trola2 <font color=blue>Mouse Addict<br><font color=purpl

we are also eager to find out!! We ahve the package for 12/12, but will be there 12/6-12/14.

~~Beth

4. daber

daber DIS Veteran

Edward James Olmos November 29, 30, and December 1

John Tesh (past co-host of "Entertainment. Tonight")
    December 2, 3, & 4

Marlee Matlin (actress who appeared in "E.R." and "Picket Fences")
    December 5, 6, & 7

James Avery He acted for six years on "Fresh Prince" and two seasons as host of the
    critically acclaimed PBS travel show "Going Places,"
    December 8, 9, & 10

Yolanda Adams (Gospel legend)
    December 11, 12, & 13

David Hartman (co-hosted "Good Morning America")
    December 14, 15, & 16

Collin Raye (Collin is the most muscular tenor in country music and puts on shows that are electrifying in their intensity.)
    December 17, 18, & 19

Blair Underwood (actor who played attorney Jonathan Rollins on L.A. Law)
    December 20, 21, & 22

Gary Sinise (well-known actor who played Lt. Dan Taylor in Forrest Gump)
    December 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, & 28

Jodi Benson (voice of Ariel, Disney's "Little Mermaid".)
    December 29 & 30
    Program offerings, celebrity narrators, and other elements are subject to change without notice.

5. DisneyKidds

DisneyKidds <font color=green>The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mo

Those were last years narrators and dates. I haven't seen the narrators for this year announced yet.

6. daber

daber DIS Veteran

My mistake.....the top of the page said 2003, but you are right this is the speaker list from last year.

7. eeyore0062

eeyore0062 Guest

The list has not officially been released... not even the castmembers know who will be nararators will be this year. I do hope that Gary Sinese makes a return appearence, though!

8. WDSearcher

WDSearcher DIS Veteran

Well ... some of us do. But we're not allowed to tell yet. The full slate is just about done. Some oldies but goodies, and a couple of surprises!

:earsboy:

9. meiandrew

meiandrew Mouseketeer

Can you at least tell us if Ernie Sabella is one of them? Was speaking with him, and I know he was invited to go down to WDW to talk about it. I hope so !! He is an amazingly nice and very generous man !!!

TIA !!!

No problem if you cant say a word. Worked for Disney once too. I know they can be strict about these things.

10. DisneyCP2002

DisneyCP2002 <font color=deeppink>I always am excited when 7 pm

When will it be announced WDSearcher? I am a rather impatient person LOL and I've already switched my day going twice just to eat where I want. Now I'd hate to have to switch again LOL

11. WDSearcher

WDSearcher DIS Veteran

There should be an "official" list by mid-October. As soon as the info is releaseable, I'll post it. (Although I'm sure there's a fan site somewhere that will beat me to it ...)

12. Testtrack321

Testtrack321 <font color=blue>Good GOD, man, quit banging your

CapCom (Gary S) has done this for a LONG time. That's the reason why he was CapCom at ISTC instead of another actor.

13. WDSearcher

WDSearcher DIS Veteran

Narrator confirmations for the 2003 Candlelight Ceremony include: Andy Garcia, Ben Vereen, Rita Moreno, Steven Curtis Chapman, Edward James Olmos, Sandi Patty, Robbie Benson and Gary Sinise.

No confirmations on exact dates yet, except that Gary Sinise will be doing the Christmas-to-New Year's slot.

14. swampkatz

swampkatz <font color=blue>Would rather be a "Welcomed Guest

>>No confirmations on exact dates yet, except that Gary Sinise >>will be doing the Christmas-to-New Year's slot.

WOO HOO!!

Sorry, I'm gonna try and keep this event a secret from the DD's and I had to have a moment of unrestrained exuberance. I can't wait to see their faces.

15. trola2

please please please let Robby Benson be on 12/12......

:-)

~~Beth

16. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

Hopefully he remembers that Army's march and Navy's sail. Last year, or was it two years ago, he got it backwards :-)

17. eeyore0062

eeyore0062 Guest

WooHoo!!! Can't wait to see Gary Sinese!!! I also want to see Robby Benson!!! So glad to be living 30 minutes away!!!!:)

18. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

We saw Robbie Benson about 3 years ago and to be honest, didn't think he was that good. We really enjoyed James Avery last year, he put so much feeling into his performance. I think there will be some additional names, I counted 11 total last year. They usually do have some dates unconfirmed when they first announce, plus there are changes. We were supposed to have Alfie Woodard last year and James Avery took her place.

19. trola2

We saw Alfre Woodard a couple years ago and she was excellent. I think most any of them would do a good job. I just know my DD's would enjoy seeing the "beast" as the narrator...not to mention I had a major crush on robby benson as a teen!!lol

~~Beth

20. RNMOM

RNMOM BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL

We were so pleased to see Gary Sinese last year we went twice on our trip. Love that guy. He really gets into the music and is so dynamic.

21. Kris517

Kris517 Disney Veteran

We saw Andy Garcia on one of our trips and he was very good....

When I called to check on ticket sales way back in Aug, the castmember started reading a lineup she had and she said, Alisha Rashaad, JAMES EARL JONES. I remember no other names she said after she said Jones bec I was so excited. I would love to hear him read!

When I called reservations every other time since (incl buying my Dec 9 tickets) the castmember always tells me that no narrators have been announced yet.

Hmmm, I wonder if it is going to be ture......(fingers crossed)