Space X Launch Change in Plans

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
What else is there to do in Cocoa Beach prior to leaving on a cruise. We were going to KSC, but the launch might change our plans (our planned day there is the back up day for the launch and would come with extra costs...)

In the event of a major plot twist...Give me some of your favorite places to go, see and do...

Thank you!
Jamie

I'd go watch the launch! I've been trying to see a launch for years, but they always get cancelled when I'm there.

Hi Everyone,
What else is there to do in Cocoa Beach prior to leaving on a cruise. We were going to KSC, but the launch might change our plans (our planned day there is the back up day for the launch and would come with extra costs...)

In the event of a major plot twist...Give me some of your favorite places to go, see and do...

Thank you!
Jamie
I like visiting the beach.

We will be going to see the launch...we got the tickets...excited to see what else we can find while we are there.

Any other favorite food places?

Vito’s Italian restaurant is really good. Coconuts on the beach has good food and you can see the ocean while you eat. There is a putt putt golf place called Golf N Gator...they have live animals including gators there. There is an exploration tower by the port that is pretty neat to see there are several floors to explore. It has a small fee to get in. There is a dinosaur museum in cocoa beech. You can see the rocket launch from the beaches, the causeways, and just about anywhere. I would imagine the launch of the falcon heavy will bring a lot of traffic. It’s the first launch for it and space x will be attempting to land two booster On land and one on a barge in the ocean. It is common for them to scrub the launch and move it to another day. I am very excited!

Vito’s Italian restaurant is really good. Coconuts on the beach has good food and you can see the ocean while you eat. There is a putt putt golf place called Golf N Gator...they have live animals including gators there. There is an exploration tower by the port that is pretty neat to see there are several floors to explore. It has a small fee to get in. There is a dinosaur museum in cocoa beech. You can see the rocket launch from the beaches, the causeways, and just about anywhere. I would imagine the launch of the falcon heavy will bring a lot of traffic. It’s the first launch for it and space x will be attempting to land two booster On land and one on a barge in the ocean. It is common for them to scrub the launch and move it to another day. I am very excited!

THANK YOU for these! Is it typical for them to scrub the launch on the first day? We travel the 6th and may or may not make it if it does go on the first day...

I didn't realize they were landing boosters too...off to google...guess I have a lot to learn in a few days time.

We love Coconuts on the beach, such an amazing atmosphere! We go once a year. DH really enjoys Florida's Seafood Bar & Grill, though it isn't my favorite place.

If you're looking for something a little nicer, there is a place called the Fat Snook, and it was the most amazing meal I have eaten. The food was so fresh and delicious, but the best part was our waiter. He had a narrative about every dish. It was really entertaining, and by the end of each description, you were really excited to try this meal ! They treated us like we were family, and really just made the dinner special. I can't wait to go back.

Ron Jon's is a lot of fun for getting out of the sun and has a lot of neat stuff to look at.

THANK YOU for these! Is it typical for them to scrub the launch on the first day? We travel the 6th and may or may not make it if it does go on the first day...

I didn't realize they were landing boosters too...off to google...guess I have a lot to learn in a few days time.

They do not always scrub them. It just depends. They last one was last week and it was delayed one day i think because of the weather. They’ve been working on this one for a while now. They just tested the engine a week or so ago so we are hoping for a Tuesday launch.

If they could make sure the window is a little later, that would be great. Our plane lands (should all go well) at 1120. Have to get the rental and our luggage...drive to the hotel...pick up our parking pass...get there...I could really go with a 2:00-2:30 launch...Fingers crossed!

Considering that this is the first launch, I wouldn't expect it to launch right at 1:30. The launch window is from 1:30 to 4:30. The launch could be anytime during that period. You will be able to see it from a Disney ship also if there is one in port. While being at the launch site has the best viewing, you can see the rocket take off from anywhere in central Florida. We've seen many launches from the north side of Orlando.

Barrier Jack's has really good breakfast. I also recommend Waffle House, especially if you are from one of the poor deprived states that doesn't have one.

OT, but Excited about this too. If the falcon heavy's booster system really works, there is so much potential for the future with this system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter