space shuttle Endeavour to fly over Disneyland

DL is probably one of the worst places on that list to see the shuttle. Best locations for unobstructed views would probably be Long Beach Harbor, Griffith Observatory, and maybe the Getty Center.

I'm really conflicted on this one. I think it would be fun to say I saw it from Disneyland, but I just can't convince myself that DLR is the best place to view it from with buildings, trees, etc... all around.

I am torn between going to DLR or one of the other many So Cal spots. I just want to have a clear view, know what I mean? :magnify:

- Dreams

Yep, while I think the Disneyland flyover will be neat for those who are there anyway, it wouldn't be my top pick if the main goal was to get a good view of the shuttle.

I caught an interview with a NASA astronaut yesterday and he recommended the Observatory as the best So Cal viewing location.

Thanks for the update, Wayne.

I heard that they are closing a portion of Imperial Hwy so that people can watch as the shuttle flies into LAX. I imagine the portion they're shutting down is the street south of the airport itself. There is also a nice bluff there (with a dog park), near the Embassy Suites that will give an awesome view. I'm sure that area will have a pretty big crowd waiting for a view.

And she's on her way.

Endeavour takes to the California sky
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=8819144

There are going to be several street closures in the LAX area, starting shortly.

This is from another article. There are already massive crowds at LAX, some have been there since 4am.

"And if you want to watch the shuttle actually land at LAX, you’re in luck. El Segundo police are blocking off sections of Imperial Avenue for public viewing. Beginning at 9 a.m., police will close the 300 to 600 blocks of East Imperial Avenue and the 700 block of West Imperial Avenue to traffic, a stretch that includes Clutter’s Park."

Places in So. Cal. to view Endeavour
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa...347473&spn=1.134735,1.647949&z=9&output=embed

- Dreams

flew over Sacramento just about an hour ago. Very cool! I then went inside and watched it fly over the Golden Gate Bridge - it's on its way to southern CA. Enjoy!

It just left the SF Bay Area at about 10:45am.

I would expect the DL flyover to be closer to around noon.

It was flying low and slow.

It'll be flying over USC soon! And then it'll be at the Science Center which is a block off of campus! This is very cool. :thumbsup2

It just landed at LAX.

It flew over our building in Redondo Beach, and then a few minutes later we saw its approach to LAX. It should be taxiing now. :)

shuttle.jpg

And this pic is from the Northrop parking lot in El Segundo as it approaches landing at LAX

308180_4198358448465_1248451454_n.jpg

We saw it from outside the park, waiting at Harbor and Ball.

Couldn't tell if it actually passed over the park itself, or if it just skirted the edge. Did any of our DISers see it from inside the park?

I was surpised it flew over the Elementary school I work at in Tustin, CA. Thekids were screaming up a storm.:woohoo:

i didn't make it to the observatory. Traffic was awful. My GPS was telling my I had 4 miles to go, and 50 minutes with traffic so I opted for the Hollywood and Highland area. Stood for an hour for a few seconds of flyby... so worth it!!!!! And then went to the Disney Soda Shop for lunch! What a wonderful day!

I was waiting on the second level bridge
IMG_0001_zpsd2026fdb.jpg

Here she comes!
IMG_0006_zps52ced86e.jpg

There she goes!
IMG_0007_zpsda5d9261.jpg

Time for lunch! 9and ice cream!)
IMG_0009_zpsed13eb2a.jpg

So I was not at Disneyland, but a friend was. Here's the top of Mickey and Friends. Yeah. No thanks.

46326_4733177372111_250827464_n_zpsba9c3c2b.jpg

Here's two I took. Not fantastic, but it didn't fly as low near us as we expected. It was a very quick flyby. But, I got to se it.

DSC04919_zpsc34cb48d.jpg

DSC04918_2_zps0eff802a.jpg

I just posted the space shuttle pictures if anyone is interested...

Here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4505998406411.183925.1184043739&type=1&l=09f44e7e40
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Did you take this shot? I LOVE it!

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter