Space Mountain will use not Photopass

Elise79

DIS Veteran
When Space Mountain reopens it is going to have ride photos that can go onto your Photopass :thumbsup2

Disney Parks Blog

It is set to re-open on the 22 November and I can wait to ride it next year it is my favorite attraction :goodvibes

EDIT: Appartently Disney parks have updated their blog to remove the reference to Photopass - that is really annoying!

thanks for posting this!!

i'm so happy to hear they haven't changed the basic ride...
i guess that means i'll still be able to ride it....woo hoo!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for that, great to see that this is the case I was wondering when rides other than Test Track would be getting this in place.

I am afraid that it now says the following on the site :(

'You should also know that a ride photo system will capture guests during their space flights on Space Mountain. It’ll utilize <del datetime="2009-11-13T19:41:21+00:00"> Disney’s Photopass, </del> a ride photo system allowing you to access, share and purchase photos during and after a visit. (Update: we’ve recently learned that Disney’s Photopass is not being used.)

It's a real shame that it won't be using Photopass. I was looking forward to getting a few on-ride photos to put on my Photopass CD and possibly Photobook. However I'm not going to pay for a single printed photo.

From what I've seen, the photo is taken at the end of the first tunnel, where you make a sharp turn - really before the ride has begun. Weird.

I had thought that Disney would be converting some of its existing ride photos over to Photopass. But the fact that they didn't do it on a brand new ride photo system probably means that they're not going to do this now. Along with the reports of many fewer Photopass photographers, I wonder what the future of the system is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter