Spa Questions and other honeymoon ideas

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by sjmatta, Apr 8, 2009.

1. sjmatta

sjmatta Earning My Ears

My fiancée and I are getting married in July and are spending a week of our honeymoon in Disney. (We're both long-time veterans and know how to handle the crowds!).

We're all set with our ADR plans, touring guides, etc., but we're looking for anything different that we've never done before -- neither of us has ever visited without parents and younger family members! We're extremely disappointed that Pleasure Island has closed.

One thing my fiancée wants to do is spend some time at a spa. However, we both dislike massages (well, at spas). Do they have anything else? Mud baths? I don't see them offered at the Disney spas. Are there any offsite spas that might offer them?

Do you have any other suggestions for something different or "adult" to do? Romantic is a plus, but it's definitely not a must. Thanks! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BewwyBootiful

BewwyBootiful Earning My Ears

Hi!

I am planning a second "Disneymoon"...

Wishes/Illuminations on the Grand1/Breathless?

Para-sailing for 2 (thanks, Lurkeyloo!)

What about the race car thing (for him) while you get a spa treatment?

Circe d Soleil?

V&A?

Safari at AKL (see Jacyns..I think...)

I'm so jealous!

4. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

The Mandara Spa at the Dolphin offers a range of treatments besides massages. And I think there may be some body wrap/mud kinda treatments at the Saratoga Springs Spa and the Grand Floridian Spa.

I second (first?) the parasailing idea. It was a ton of fun and sooo special to share with each other. :thumbsup2

5. tiggerrifficheidi

tiggerrifficheidi DIS Veteran

I had a great hot stone facial at the Spa at Saratoga Springs. We did Cirque du Soleil and tried out tons of the signature restaurants. The House of Blues is AWESOME, too! We also hung out at the hot tub at High Rock Springs pool at SSR (where we were staying). That was very relaxing.

6. HilsNPaul

HilsNPaul Mouseketeer

I had a spa morning at SSR and loved it. I mostly got massages, but I did get a really nice facial.

We rented water bicycles at OKW, as well. We really enjoyed that a lot.

If you go to downtown disney, take the water boat. It is extremely relaxing and the scenery is actually very nice. We went to Victoria and Albert's, and it was by far the best night of our trip.

7. tiggerrifficheidi

tiggerrifficheidi DIS Veteran

Ooh! I forgot about V&As!!! Definitely our favorite dinner of the trip!!!:thumbsup2

8. marielynn724

marielynn724 DIS Veteran

is parasailing scary? what about that new hot air balloon thing at DTD? oh and i definately want to check out that mud bad thing... i saw one of the (many) WDW specials on travel channel a while ago and they were showing a couple getting some kind of mud treatment at a spa. cant remember which spa, though. it looked like a lot of fun - you have your own little room and you apply the mud to each other and then wash it off.;)