Souvenir luggage tags - policy change

FrozenDuck

Earning My Ears
Policy change for Disney resort guests (confirmed via online chat and from speaking to a Guest Services rep on the phone):

Children under age 3 will no longer receive a free souvenir luggage tag. They'll still get a MagicBand, but not the coordinating hard plastic souvenir luggage tag.

I never received the luggage tags. I booked through a magical TA. Could that have been the issue? It was not. MYW package.

Yup, we only got 2 luggage tags, but three magic bands. Ours came about a month ago?

It may be - I haven't been since the new tags came out. Last year, with the old tags, everyone on the reservation got one.

I found myself choosing my Magic band colors based upon which luggage tags I wanted (Donald and Daisy= Blue and Pink).

We already have all the Magic Band colors anyway.

Maybe you can buy a luggage tag in the shops? You can buy MB's.

Policy change for Disney resort guests (confirmed via online chat and from speaking to a Guest Services rep on the phone):

Children under age 3 will no longer receive a free souvenir luggage tag. They'll still get a MagicBand, but not the coordinating hard plastic souvenir luggage tag.

That's silly. Kids under 3 don't have stuff packed for them in bags?

Glad I don't book packages. One more thing to disappear.

I've never gotten any hard plastic tags but what about the plain regular luggage tags you get when you book the Magical Express?
They don't ship them internationally so do you get them at the airport? I know you need them if you want your luggage brought to your room. I don't remember what I did last time! :)

I've never gotten any hard plastic tags but what about the plain regular luggage tags you get when you book the Magical Express?
They don't ship them internationally so do you get them at the airport? I know you need them if you want your luggage brought to your room. I don't remember what I did last time! :)
You should definitely have the yellow sticker Magical Express luggage tags in your mailed ticket pkg that WDW mailed to your home address. These are just the paper yellow stickers that fit on the handle of your luggage so Orlando Airport baggage handlers know to send your checked bags to the Magical Express bay. I am Canadian and we receive them so all International Guests should also have them in advance. This year was the first year that I did not receive the regular hard plastic AAA luggage tags in my pkg. However, the new coordinated luggage tags should be waiting for me, with my magic band, at front desk upon check-in. Make sense?

You should definitely have the yellow sticker Magical Express luggage tags in your mailed ticket pkg that WDW mailed to your home address. These are just the paper yellow stickers that fit on the handle of your luggage so Orlando Airport baggage handlers know to send your checked bags to the Magical Express bay. I am Canadian and we receive them so all International Guests should also have them in advance. This year was the first year that I did not receive the regular hard plastic AAA luggage tags in my pkg. However, the new coordinated luggage tags should be waiting for me, with my magic band, at front desk upon check-in. Make sense?
As far as I know, they ship to Canada. But I know for a fact that they don't (at least didn't) ship overseas.
I think maybe they had tags for us at the airport but I don't get how that could be.
That goes for the whole ticket package, too, BTW. I don't get it at home. Everything is electronic and anything else is waiting at the resort including Magic Bands.

Are these one for people who use magical express? I don't remember getting them last time but we didn't fly.

As far as I know, they ship to Canada. But I know for a fact that they don't (at least didn't) ship overseas.
I think maybe they had tags for us at the airport but I don't get how that could be.
That goes for the whole ticket package, too, BTW. I don't get it at home. Everything is electronic and anything else is waiting at the resort including Magic Bands.
OK . . . maybe do a separate thread on the Boards for UK guests asking what they did? This year, I am not using my Magical Express Luggage Tags as I am arriving after 5pm so I am going to pick up my own luggage from the carousel and then wheel it over to the Magical Express boarding area. The Bus Driver simply loads it in the bus basement and then when I arrive at my resort, I wheel it in with me to check-in. Depending on when your flight arrives (eg after 4 or 5pm EST) you may wish to pick up your own luggage anyway instead of having Magical Express deliver it hours after your arrival . . . waking you up when you really want to get an early nights sleep. All the best!

OK . . . maybe do a separate thread on the Boards for UK guests asking what they did? This year, I am not using my Magical Express Luggage Tags as I am arriving after 5pm so I am going to pick up my own luggage from the carousel and then wheel it over to the Magical Express boarding area. The Bus Driver simply loads it in the bus basement and then when I arrive at my resort, I wheel it in with me to check-in. Depending on when your flight arrives (eg after 4 or 5pm EST) you may wish to pick up your own luggage anyway instead of having Magical Express deliver it hours after your arrival . . . waking you up when you really want to get an early nights sleep. All the best!
Good idea, thanks! :)

Are these one for people who use magical express? I don't remember getting them last time but we didn't fly.

No, the tags this thread is referencing are the souvenir ones you get when you book a package. They are completely different than the tags/stickers you get when you are using Magical Express. They look like this.

Luggage_Tags.jpg

That's silly. Kids under 3 don't have stuff packed for them in bags?

Well, if you think about it, kids under 3 don't really exist in Disney's eyes. They don't count toward room occupancy, you don't have to buy them tickets and you can't buy them a meal plan. The only thing they get are Magic Bands. Why?! My theory - it's so Disney can track their ages in case they return with families who cannot, now, continue to claim they are under 3 as time goes on.

No, the tags this thread is referencing are the souvenir ones you get when you book a package. They are completely different than the tags/stickers you get when you are using Magical Express. They look like this.

View attachment 129474
Oh, those are cute! To bad I don't book packages, as I have AP :-( and I'll say it again, AP holders should get at least 1 luggage tag each just for paying the exorbitant rate!!!

Well, if you think about it, kids under 3 don't really exist in Disney's eyes. They don't count toward room occupancy, you don't have to buy them tickets and you can't buy them a meal plan. The only thing they get are Magic Bands. Why?! My theory - it's so Disney can track their ages in case they return with families who cannot, now, continue to claim they are under 3 as time goes on.

Only one under-3 is allowed if the room occupancy is filled with over-3s. You certainly can buy a little one food if you wish and you're not at a buffet. They do those things out of courtesy, not because they don't exist. You still have to list them on adrs.

You can easily just make up a new profile for a new kid with the same name. I did it on accident (though I actually think it was WDW's fault) and had to have them fix it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter