Southwest Splendors July 5-July 12 Real Time Trip Report

The kids and I were at the dentist today and they asked if we were taking any trips this summer. Then it hit me. We leave home 1 week from today!
Have a great time! You guys are going to have a blast!

Sayhello

Have a great time! You guys are going to have a blast!

Sayhello

Thanks! I enjoyed your trip report and all the pictures so much. I even printed it out (I hope you don't mind) to show friends and family what we are about to do. It tells it all so much better than any promotional material! The only thing I imagine we won't have is the SNOW!

I'm off to work today to set up my classroom. One of the thing that must get done before we go.;)
Tammy

Hi Tammydel!
I'm looking forward to your trip report!!!! Good luck with all your last minute preparations--and with setting up your classroom. (My mom was a teacher, so I always used to look forward to going in to school with her in the summer to set up the bulletin boards, books, etc. . . . Hopefully you will have some helpers too! :0)

I think we leave right after you come back (8/20), so I hope you get a chance to post during your trip. Can't wait!!! Hope you have a great time!!!!

Turtlemom
:thumbsup2

Hi TurtleMom!
They must have 2 trips going at once. Our ABD begins 8/16 and ends 8/23, so we overlap. We actually don't get home until 8/28 because we are going on to Denver on our own.

My kids came with me to help on Friday, I need to try to get in one more day - tomorrow I think. Where do you live and would you want to meet me in Poughkeepsie, NY tomorrow???? I could use some experienced help!

I am planning on posting as we go, maybe starting a pre-trip soon! Any advice out there on where to get an account online to store pictures so I can post them? I have NO experience with that so I would love reccomendations.

Still waiting for my son's schedule and supply list!!!!!

Tammy
(with a slight tinge of panic in my voice!)

Thanks! I enjoyed your trip report and all the pictures so much. I even printed it out (I hope you don't mind) to show friends and family what we are about to do. It tells it all so much better than any promotional material! The only thing I imagine we won't have is the SNOW!
I totally don't mind if you print it out. :goodvibes I'm kinda honored! :cool1: I wouldn't like it if anyone re-posted it on the web without asking me, but printing it out --- cool! Now, as payment, you can stuff me in your suitcase & take me along... ;)

And I think you can safely assume you won't have snow!!!!:laughing:

Sayhello

Hey Tammydel!
I guess we will be on the same adventure on the same week, just starting a little later than yours! I guess I can check in on the dis boards to see how it is going up the road! I'm afraid I don't have any advice on the pictures though--maybe Sayhello or Cindy18 can help us both out. . . .

As for the classroom--I'd love to help you out, but I'm in Washington, D.C. at the moment (stuck behind my work desk)! Probably wouldn't make it up there in time. Good luck with the class list! I actually ordered school supplies on-line this year, thanks to the PTA arragements.

In the meantime--good luck with everything!
Talk to you soon--
Turtlemom

:surfweb:

So envious of both of you for your upcoming trips. If either of you has Geraldine or Tiffany (or both, if they're still doing tours together), you are guaranteed a good time. Please be sure to say hi from me if you happen to be spending the week with one of them.

TammyDel, remember that the days leading into a vacation are always stressful, no matter what. Your classroom will be great and within a day or two of leaving, you will be so far away from all of that and so stunned by what you're seeing that all the stress you're feeling now will disappear, I promise.

In terms of photos, DH is the photo tech person in our house. We had enough space on our photo cards in our cameras that we didn't need to download any pictures until we got home. We use flickr as a site for posting pictures. What happened was that we downloaded all 1300+ pictures to our computer when we got home. After deleting about 200 as lousy or duplicates, I made a small subfile of pictures for the DisBoards. DH put those pictures on flickr and then uploaded them from flickr to this post. For something more technically advanced than that explanation, I'll have to wait until he wakes up!

It seems as though there are different ways to do it, though. I noticed that SayHello's pictures were much bigger, and I remember she had to set up separate posts to get them all on. We didn't have that problem. The pictures on this post are smaller, but all 21 got on without issue. Go figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter