Southwest Prices

michsig

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW July 21-29, coming on a Saturday, leaving on a Sunday. Traveling on the weekends is obviously not always very ideal money-wise, but it's the only time we are able to due to my boyfriend's job. We usually take Southwest to Orlando (from Long Island MacArthur Airport) and it's usually very reasonably priced. We are planning to take an early flight in on Saturday, and a late flight out the following Sunday. A few weeks ago, it was approximately $170 each way .. now, it's $250 each way and has stayed at that rate for about 2 weeks now! I know that "they" say the gas prices are rising (haven't seen too much of that here), but to see an almost $200 round trip fare increase in such a short period of time is crazy to me! Do you think that the prices will go down in weeks to come or will they continue to go up?

You are traveling in the summer at a time of very high fuel prices - it's likely prices won't go down, although no one can say for sure. Fuel prices are predicted to climb. For summer travel, I would have (and did) purchased tickets months ago.

You should expand your ticket search to other airlines.

You are traveling in the summer at a time of very high fuel prices - it's likely prices won't go down, although no one can say for sure. Fuel prices are predicted to climb. For summer travel, I would have (and did) purchased tickets months ago.

You should expand your ticket search to other airlines.

Gotchya. We are planning on purchasing them soon.

I have checked out other airlines - prices are either slightly more or slightly less. It's not worth booking with another airline for us, because with Southwest you can check 2 bags for free each .. I without a doubt will be bringing 2 bags with me, so the extra charge from another airline wouldn't be worth it.

Also, we want to arrive and depart at specific times, which other airlines don't offer. I guess we will have to pay the price for being specific with our wants :rolleyes:

I feel your pain. I have to be in France this July and I had to buy a ticket to match a frequent flyer ticket. It is the most I have ever paid for a RT trip to Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter