Southwest - March 2013 - best guess

westjones

DIS Veteran
When do you think (approximately of course) Southwest will open dates for March 2013? I want to know when I should start looking for a spring break trip.
Thanks!

Well, we leave this Thursday :banana: and I purchased our tickets on 10/5. I know the window had already been open for awhile so maybe sometime in Sept? When I purchased the tickets in Oct, the rates were skyhigh and we had to take a flight with a stop both ways. On 12/3 the prices dropped and we were able to change our flight to a nonstop and add an extra day for the same price. So, check your flights every day!

Good luck!

It's open now..through March 3rd. And the prices are not looking good at all, at least from long island. :sad2: the cheapest flight I see is $157 each way. That's nearly double what I paid last year.

still havent posted beyond march 8th will keep checking to see later today if something comes up for our return flight on march 16 or 17th:confused3

they are up!!!! I just snagged a nonstop to mco from BDL on APril 12th for 135.00!!! Way better than Jetblue!

They're up and the prices are going up! I have been himming and hawing because I don't like the flight schedule and the prices are going up everytime I refresh.

Does anybody know if I can book airfare thru Disney with a room only?

I think they are far better that what Jetblue had offered, I do notice that the 135.00 flight I booked is now up a little too.

flight from islip to orlando for my dates was $157 each way. $314 round trip.

darn! much better to have flown southwest, better flight times and nonstop flights and flying out of islip is always better than flying out of jfk or laguardia, rather than my delta air i got 3.5 weeks ago with connections and $368 per person. at least the delta air is over 500 per person now!

i have to admit i am surprised, i do this every year and southwest is usually higher.

good luck to everyone looking for tickets!

Ugh...well, I am going to take a gamble and wait on Airtran for the better flight times. I waited on SW and now return flights are $194.00. Disney still shows $328.00 R/T, non=stop, great times, but even THEY can't book it. What's with that?

hey pinkerbell! I am so relieved to have been up and ready to book! Even at the prices it shows now, its still better that the 428 pp one way on JB??? I am happy with 135.00 :thumbsup2 Kids will miss one day of school :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter