Southwest from Chicago what is the usual price????

bcarson

Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff>I will second Or
Okay I see while I was gone this weekend that southwest opened up there flights through the end of Oct. I was expecting something around $59 dollars each way and boy I was I wrong. It was the cheapest $79 dollars. I am very novice at buying airline tickets. I have only bought one ticket in my life and I won't even be using it until June. Anyway I am wondering am I dreaming that the price will go down or there will be specials? :confused3 I am going to end up driving at this rate which was something I really did not want to do. Any other airlines that usually give good rates from Chicago. I prefer Midway, I could even drive to Indy if I had to. :rolleyes: Please give me your expierences flying from Chicago.

bcarson said:
Okay I see while I was gone this weekend that southwest opened up there flights through the end of Oct. I was expecting something around $59 dollars each way and boy I was I wrong. It was the cheapest $79 dollars. I am very novice at buying airline tickets. I have only bought one ticket in my life and I won't even be using it until June. Anyway I am wondering am I dreaming that the price will go down or there will be specials? :confused3 I am going to end up driving at this rate which was something I really did not want to do. Any other airlines that usually give good rates from Chicago. I prefer Midway, I could even drive to Indy if I had to. :rolleyes: Please give me your expierences flying from Chicago.
I buy tickets between Chicago and Orlando several times each year. I'm happy if I can get roundtrip tickets for under $200 including tax. I usually fly from O'Hare (not on Southwest from Midway, although I've done that too). The best fares from O'Hare and Midway are similar due to competition.

This year, I've bought tickets for $179 roundtrip. I've seen tickets for as little as $139 roundtrip, but never when I wanted to travel. If my flights are based on school vacation dates, I'll pay $250 if I have to. (The airlines are smart enough to know when the majority of Chicago area schools have the spring and winter breaks, so they raise prices due to the increased demand.)

I'll warn you, too, about what I'm running into. We were waiting for those October flights to open up. But we didn't book within those first couple of days, and the cheapest fares for my top two return flights are no longer available. So now it looks like my return flight will either be not at the time I'd prefer, or will run me about $30 more per person. I'm hoping to firm up my travel plans in the morning so I can secure flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter