southwest fares

cmrules

Mouseketeer
explain the southwest fares to me. If I buy now, but they go cheaper, I can get a refund on the difference? Nobody else does this I just want to check. Do I have to buy a certain type of ticket?

Thanks.

They offer different types. You can pay top dollar for a refundable anytime ticket...or you can get one of the cheaper fares...if you read the details on thelower priced fares it will tell you what the terms are. If you buy a 'non-refunable' ticket, and they go on sale for less, you can cancel the original 'non-refunable' fare and get credts, but not a refund. The credits are valid for up to one year from the original date of purchase. I don't know if you had some kind of emergency, I think then you might be able to get a refund, or something like that, but you'd have to call them. It can be a little hairy cancelling a ticket, but it can be done. Also, in order to use the credits, you have to have the original confirmation number, so if you lose that, you might be out of luck. Southwest is having a fare sale now to Orlando. That is pretty much the lowest fare I think you'll find to Orlando.
Overall, I find their website to be MUCH better than any other airline's page. I just wish the other ones would wake up and smell the coffee. No wonder they are in economic trouble all the time.

You can definitely get a credit for the difference. I was able to get a refund because the price went down and I booked the same exact flights. You have to call their direct number in TX for their refund department though. You can't call the 1800 number, but they will give you the direct number. It isn't a guarantee so if you don't fly a lot you may want to hold off on booking. But if the fares are low enough, I'd go for it. I got ours for $39 each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter