Southwest Airlines Questions

WDWorBUST

DIS Veteran
Hi Guys and Gals!!
I am really working on getting a trip in this December for me, DH, and DD. SWA has $99 one way tickets now with decent times for a total of $701.00. If I purchase it now and it goes down they will give me a voucher for the difference, right? Also....if this trip falls through does Southwest charge a change fee like American? Or do they let you apply the total amount you spend to another flight. We are definitely going next May or December one so using the vouchers if it became necessary is not that big of deal.

Thanks!
Amanda

Yes-- you can get a voucher for the price difference if there is availability, so check frequently.

Also -- Southwest does not charge a change fee, so that makes it easy! We have done this several times (though never on a trip to Disney) and have had no problems using the vouchers. You can even use them on their website when it requests payment information.

I may go ahead and bite the bullet now then. Does the availability have to be on the same flight? Or only the same day?

Thanks Again!
Amanda

If you want to get a discounted price for the flight that you already booked, there must be discounted seats still available on that flight. If there are no discounted seats available on that flight and you wish to change to a different flight that has discounted seats, you can do that. For something like that I would probably call Southwest to make sure that you do it right. There would not be a penalty for doing this.

FYI -- we are going to Disney Jan 22-29, and I keep checking the SW website daily to see when they will start taking reservations for that time (so far it is only until Jan 14). As soon as I can make a reservation I will, and then I will hope that the price comes down. That way, at least I will have the flight times that I want!

If the fare goes down you can change it right online by cancelling your present reservation and rebooking (make sure the flights you want are available first). Some fares can only be changed on line, others can be changed by calling Southwest. They do not have to be the same day, same flight or same class. Southwest is very very flex.
They do not issue vouchers, they hold your money in the form of a credit which has to be used (travel completed) within one year of the original date of purchase. For example: You buy airfare today and it drops two weeks from now. You get credit and it has to be totally used by 8//25/05.
The only time you would pay more is if there is a change and the fare is more or if you decide to fly standby.
The web site has a special section for changes to your flights, it is really easy just follow the prompts and instructions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter