1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

South Africa July 2011

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by abnrob, Jan 25, 2011.

1. abnrob

abnrob Earning My Ears

Is anyone going to South Africa July 3rd 2011??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyphx

disneyphx Mouseketeer

We are - very excited, although still shell-shocked at how much our airfare was. We are stopping in Europe on the way which made it crazy.....

4. carolinatennisgirl

carolinatennisgirl Earning My Ears

We would love to go on this trip and are seriously considering it, but the airfare cost is the big holdup. I don't have a problem going through Europe, as there are few direct flights to SA anyway. Do you mind sharing your airfare cost?

5. kavintenison

kavintenison Earning My Ears

I want to go there, that a wonderful place for vacations. :yay:

6. abnrob

abnrob Earning My Ears

We can't wait to see you again! Sounds like the trip might fill!

7. abnrob

abnrob Earning My Ears

We got our flight months ago... I can't remember..more than $1000 less than $2000. It was cheaper than last year....the prices went WAY up to SA last year because of the world cup!

8. disneyphx

disneyphx Mouseketeer

Ours were about $2,500 - but we are spending 5 days in Europe, so it was like adding two tickets together.
    Daughter is finally getting excited - she was very concerned it would be 'too hot like China.'

9. abbyjt

abbyjt Mouseketeer

South Africa will be cool (towards cold) in our summer, their winter. Bring gloves, hats and a few layers for the safari. We were there in a particularly cold and rainy patch in June 09. Airfare then was about $1800 and it was a year before the world cup. We flew South African Air and it was a really nice airline (we flew coach obviously).

How hot was China? We are going there this summer.

10. disneyphx

disneyphx Mouseketeer

China was very hot....and all different kinds of hot - very humid in Chengdu, rainy in Shanghai, hot and sunny in Beijing.
    The day we were at the Forbidden City was a record - about 105. But everywhere was hot, hot, hot. And we live in Phoenix!
    Are you doing ABD?

11. abbyjt

abbyjt Mouseketeer

Yes, we are doing ABD China. We originally booked Egypt (talk about hot). We are bummed about Egypt, but the pyramids will still be there when there is a new and hopefully stable government in a few years. We are really excited about going to China. I didn't mean to hijack this thread with China. I would be happy to answer any South Africa questions. We did ABD South Africa (like I said) in June 09. Loved it. The new trip is a little shorter. My trip report is on the first thread with trip reports.