SOS! SOS! OKW or Poly April 18-25...

DisneyLindsey

Earning My Ears
Help!...

Traveling to Disney April 18-25 with my husband and 3 children (ages 9, 8 & 7). Our itinerary involves 4 days of parks (2 days MK, 1 day Epcot and 1 day either MGM or Animal Park) and 2 days of relaxing poolside for some downtime. Our only options are Polynesian and Old Key West. Obvs if Poly's pool wasn't undergoing a renovation it would be a no-brainer. Having a really hard time deciding between the two for the week of April 18-25. They are saying the pool will be finished by April 1st barring any set backs or bad weather but it's a gamble.

Can anyone weigh in and give us some feedback??

I totally understand- we are going in May and I went back and fourth a ton two days ago wondering if I should switch from BLT to Poly- My hesitation is the pool as well- Im just going to split stay- so a few days at BLT and then 2 days at Poly- if the pool is done- AWESOME! if not, I think we can get waterpark passes (not guaranteed they are still doing this) and will do that instead.

If you do split stay make the Poly the second half so you have a greater chance of the pool being open if there is a set back from the April 1st rumored open

Thanks, Alli I think you'll be ok with May. We went with Poly and are just going to cross our fingers.

Observing that there's a post, on here, which is supposedly quoting somebody else, saying that supposedly the Poly main pool will open April 1.

(Yes, there's a lot of "supposedly" s, in there.)

If you're going to be spending a lot of time at MK--and perhaps doing some back & forth from the room to the park, Poly is the right choice. OKW is really cool though, hope you get to try it out sometime. :earsboy:

Is OKW a 1 bedroom? 5 is too many for an OKW studio. I assume Poly is a studio. I would go with the Poly unless you plan to cook in the room.

Oh my gosh I didn't even think about that! No way am I cooking on vacay. It was a 1-bedroom villa but I didn't think about restaurant options (or lack of) at OKW. Great point!

We are going the exact same dates you are. We are staying at the Poly. Worth the gamble. IMO.That's me though. Ever since I went about two years ago I have found my nirvana.

We are going the exact same dates you are. We are staying at the Poly. Worth the gamble. IMO.That's me though. Ever since I went about two years ago I have found my nirvana.

Awesome! It's looking really good for us. See you at the pool! Where is this Trader Sam's I keep reading about??

We're arriving the 17th and also staying at the Poly. I have faith the pool will be open! =)

Awesome! It's looking really good for us. See you at the pool! Where is this Trader Sam's I keep reading about??

My last visit was right before all heck broke loose. I *think* it's where the arcade used to be? IDK! Maybe someone who does know will chime in. I'm so overwhelmed with trip planing and refurb news, it's hard to keep anything straight. I'm anxious what the feel is going to be like.

Looks like a bunch of us will be bumping into one another that weekend/week.

how funny! We will be walking right passed each other all week not realizing we are DISboard buddies. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter