Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Yummy! Insert a drooling emoticon.

It's good winter comfort food :thumbsup2

:yay:
After looking for it in October and not finding it anywhere, I was afraid that we had waited too long to make a decision about the official DIS mug. But, the animal print Mickey head gods were on my side last month, and as soon as I found them, I snagged two - one for Jill and one for me. We can officially gather 'round the DIStown community center coffee table now, but since neither of us are coffee drinkers, we'll be rockin' the hot chocolate, I guess. :thumbsup2

I am struggling to catch up with DIS news after the trip, but I am getting there. Loving your World Showcase pictures. :goodvibes

YAY for finding the mug, coffe, tea, cocoa, even a lovely mug of milk tastes better in the DIS mug.

Sorry about your sick kitties, Mary Ellen! That is really the pits. :(

I have to say, I don't know if you listen to the DIS Unplugged podcast, but they just did a segment on overlooked Animal Kingdom, and Dustin mentioned the little seating area you found behind Tamu Tamu! I immediately said to myself in the car, "That's the spot from Mary Ellen's TR!" :goodvibes

I SO LOVE that a random man offered you a sip of the berry beer. :lmao: That's hilarious!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I too would be so curious about those people posing for pictures....

Love the PP photos of you with your beer! :rotfl: Now that's a F&W picture if I ever saw one!!

The demonstration looks really fun!

The PP guy was so cute with Mary Ellen, insisted she play up that mug!

Another fun day. I have never made shepards pie either and wouldn't have a clue how to go about it. Maybe someday I will attempt it. I need an easy recipe though.

It's pretty easy, basically braised meat and veggies, topped with mashed potatoes and then browned in the oven.

Okay, I love that you put the shepherd's pie in individual dishes -- I always do mine in a casserole dish, but yours is so much more appealing looking. Also, how do you get your mashed potatoes to look all pretty and swirly???

I figure it's an excuse to get more use out of the french onion crocks! It actually does make for easier serving too. After you spoon the potatoes in, just use the back of a fork to swirl.

So behind everywhere! It was a crazy week and the upcoming one will be pretty busy too. I had to use the links to catch up which I really don't like to do because I enjoy everyones comments- but no other way!

Mary Ellen-

Have a wonderful time at HHI!!! Wishing you GREAT weather. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

I'm so sorry to hear about the kitties. They are adorable!!! Love the picture with the tounge. Sending good thoughts for better health now that you know what is going on. :cat:

Loved some of your unique views of the World Showcase. It is nice to see some different perspectives.

I love the bead jewelry. I don't actually have much jewelry, not sure I own more than 1 or two bracelets- I am going to check these out on my next trip. By the African outpost???

OMG- the Grapefruit beer sounds devine!!!

And I adore the photopass pictures, especially with your beloved mug of beer.

:rotfl2:

Cynthia-

What play did Evan do? April is play month for us. Ben was in Pom Pom Zombies over the weekend and will be Napoleon the Dog in The Aristocats at the end of the month.

That is fantastic about the trombone. I love that the donor stipulated that the instruments should go to enthusiastic and committed students!

The inspiration for the title of this chapter was a riot!!! But I thought there was a commercial about happy California cows. :confused3

YUMMO on the spicy handroll. Looks so good.

Food & Wine is second on my Disney bucket list (MNSSHP is first). Sounds like a fall trip needs to be built into my travel plans.

Mmmmm- the Shepherd's Pies look awesome. I actually tried googling the Shamrock and Peach recipe, but didn't find it. Got to the blog site, though.

Have a great week, ladies!

Okay, all caught up too! Had a big weekend of dance to keep me off the DIS. We had a blast, and Paige's team did awesome, including winning the BIG trophy for best group performance of the day (Junior and Petite).

Anyway - back to your story...

Hope the kitties continue to improve - it's so hard when our furbabies have issues.

Mary Ellen - I know you are enjoying HHI right now - I hope you have a great time! Wish I was back there now. We're looking at more wintry weather this week! UGH!

Cynthia - nice job on the pot-cam pics and on your shepherd's pies! Looks yummy! Good luck with your single-parent week!
I love the pic of you two with ME's beer! So funny!

Now I want to go back in October. There was so much more to sample!

I have the DIS mug!!! I love it! Nice and big, the handle is big too! :thumbsup2

So behind everywhere! It was a crazy week and the upcoming one will be pretty busy too. I had to use the links to catch up which I really don't like to do because I enjoy everyones comments- but no other way!

I feel your pain my friend, literally.

Cynthia-

What play did Evan do? April is play month for us. Ben was in Pom Pom Zombies over the weekend and will be Napoleon the Dog in The Aristocats at the end of the month.

Suessical the Musical. It was adorable! He was in the chorus but that's ok. His first school production, he had a bit part in one of the church performances before but that's it. He's got the bug now though and is talking about trying out for one of the local theater groups. Helps that half of his cronies are into it too. I love the fact he's found this cool group of kids that are all on this neat track of music, theater, honors classes, still do sports and are just fun all around kids. Doesn't make him any less of a hormonal attitude driven teen at home of course but at least I like who he is surrounding himself with and the activities he is choosing. I just find it so funny as he is SUCH the actor and I tried for years to get him into it. Guess he had to find it on his own.

It did wreak havoc with the homework this week though, ugh.

That is fantastic about the trombone. I love that the donor stipulated that the instruments should go to enthusiastic and committed students!

Well I'm not sure that they did stipulate but the quality of what they provided was certainly not for the non-committed and the band director is allocating them as such. In a weird way, it is a bit of a sales job. The older kids moving on are getting to a point where they might actually need 2 or even 3 horns for HS and this definitely sets the stage for that. I'd planned on getting Evan a new one by next Xmas or spring but in reality after this it will be really hard for him to go back to "just" his tenor so it's looking like a 14th birthday present after all. Ouch.

The inspiration for the title of this chapter was a riot!!! But I thought there was a commercial about happy California cows. :confused3

Oh too funny, maybe there is, I've never seen it. I think the Washington cows are pretty happy. :rotfl:

YUMMO on the spicy handroll. Looks so good.

Food & Wine is second on my Disney bucket list (MNSSHP is first). Sounds like a fall trip needs to be built into my travel plans.

Mmmmm- the Shepherd's Pies look awesome. I actually tried googling the Shamrock and Peach recipe, but didn't find it. Got to the blog site, though.

Have a great week, ladies!

I am happy to post or PM or FB the recipe to those that are interested.

Okay, all caught up too! Had a big weekend of dance to keep me off the DIS. We had a blast, and Paige's team did awesome, including winning the BIG trophy for best group performance of the day (Junior and Petite).

:cool1: Congrats Paige! Between your and Mary's updates on gymnastics, it's been a fun weekend to watch all the DIS girls!

Anyway - back to your story...

Hope the kitties continue to improve - it's so hard when our furbabies have issues.

Hank has had his BEST eating day since the diet switch today and I swear Melvin has lost weight. It's a high maintenance situation but I feel like I see some light today and home the same thing continues with Mary Ellen's Max and Kismet.

I would love to go to HHI one of these days. I've been to HH (not DVC though) and loved it. Jeff has these unexplainable "issues" with it and refuses to consider it as an option. To be fair, it's not exactly convenient from here. He is convinced it's all about golf and nothing I can say, or show him, convinces him otherwise.

Cynthia - nice job on the pot-cam pics and on your shepherd's pies! Looks yummy! Good luck with your single-parent week!
I love the pic of you two with ME's beer! So funny!

Now I want to go back in October. There was so much more to sample!

I have the DIS mug!!! I love it! Nice and big, the handle is big too! :thumbsup2

I want to go back in Oct in the worst way. It is the perfect mug isn't it? Just the right size, fits well in the hand, one of my favorites.

Cynthia: I love your individual shepherd pies. Between your food and the wine it definitely fits a theme going on here... F&W! :)

Hi guys! Apparently our alarm clock I home in the room was set for 6am. So I'm checking the DIs from my phone HHI is as wonderful as always and the sunset as gorgeous as ever! And you would all be proud of me. I actually drove all the way from Delaware to NC. And another couple hours later. Everyone have a great Monday. :)

Hi guys! Apparently our alarm clock I home in the room was set for 6am. So I'm checking the DIs from my phone HHI is as wonderful as always and the sunset as gorgeous as ever! And you would all be proud of me. I actually drove all the way from Delaware to NC. And another couple hours later. Everyone have a great Monday. :)

Have an awesome trip Mary Ellen!

A Tale of Two Kitties

Sorry the cats have been having so many issues. It's no fun getting old for any of us.

Possibly because I have been preoccupied with Kismet. Possibly because I have been super preoccupied with Nick's college quest. And, not to be mysterious, but there is another reason that I have been pre-occupied, but I am just not in a place where I want to talk about it. It's not anything earth shattering, just a life event that is taking some extra time to deal with.

Ugh. Sorry there's been a lot of crap to deal with. I hope your time in HHI helps calm things down!

How fun is that? Instead of their usual percussion instruments they were using a whole cooking theme, complete with full sized appliances.

:thumbsup2

The finished product - Cashel Blue and Dubliner Kerrygold Irish Cheese Souffle with Organic Mixed Greens and Warm Bacon Vinaigrette

I'll just nod and smile and pretend I know what that is. ::yes::

These painted bottles were neat, but I think they were around $600 a piece. Sheesh!

:faint: They'd better never run empty at that price!

I found the" DIS" mug, so I decided I had to take a picture of it. If you have this mug chime out now! I know quite a few of us have it.

It's Julie's favorite!

Next stop was a grapefruit beer. No picture. It was yellow. And oh so good! I loved it.

If it was a yellow snowcone, you wouldn't have been nearly as gung-ho about trying it.

Clearly I was fascinated with the umbrellas

It was the buzz, right? :rotfl2:

Couldn't even put that beer down for a picture.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Go back to bed! It's vacation!!!! :)

I am on a plane as I type this and well, it's a 5.5 hour flight and the guy next to me is out cold. I'm stuck. In my seat. And don't want to do work. It actually requires more space than I have to work with.

Sounds like a recipe for procrastination to me!:thumbsup2

In totally random exciting news (well for the music geeks in my house anyway) some anonymous donor just gave Evan's school a huge donation of new horns. 2 trumpets, a trombone and a tuba. VERY nice horns.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

The cows are happier in Ireland.

That is a direct quote

Yep. It's so green the grass is yummier and well, the cows are happier.

If you say so. I thought mad cows came from that region. :rotfl:

Whip it, Whip it good! Or was it Beat it...beat it, just beat it.

Great, now BOTH songs are stuck in my head!:headache:

Definitely swung by South Africa

You two really did good work taking advantage of the Festival.

Cynthia, I read your updates over the weekend, but I forgot to comment on them. Anyway, first and foremost, I hope your seatmate finally woke up so that you weren't held captive for the entire 5.5 hours on the plane. :eek:

I'm glad that you enjoyed the cooking demo thing, and got to have a little meet and greet. I'm sure Jeff enjoyed his gift as much as you did. I'd say if you've made it multiple times since coming home, the shepherds pie definitely must be a hit.

Sounds like a recipe for procrastination to me!:thumbsup2

And you know, it wouldn't have made a difference. Final version for me to edit didn't get to me until 4pm on Friday EST. Even if I'd have worked on it then, the person who would need to look at it wouldn't have done anything with it till this morning based on the various government forms that have to go with it that folks seem to be incapable of filling out and submitting if I'm not in the building. As they require "wet" signatures, of folks here and I was there...nothing happened. I (rightfully) procrastinated on it all weekend (was way more fun to start editing fixing the nightmare in PB that is my AK day on the other TR lol), got up early today, knocked out my piece and....

We aren't going to even submit it.

If you say so. I thought mad cows came from that region. :rotfl:

Nah, they are across the irish sea, eating that English Grass. :lmao:

Great, now BOTH songs are stuck in my head!:headache:

My work is done

You two really did good work taking advantage of the Festival.

Milk it, milk it good!

Cynthia, I read your updates over the weekend, but I forgot to comment on them. Anyway, first and foremost, I hope your seatmate finally woke up so that you weren't held captive for the entire 5.5 hours on the plane. :eek:

He did, but then the person in the aisle was asleep and neither of them got up the whole flight so....

I'm glad that you enjoyed the cooking demo thing, and got to have a little meet and greet. I'm sure Jeff enjoyed his gift as much as you did. I'd say if you've made it multiple times since coming home, the shepherds pie definitely must be a hit.

Yes, it's firmly in the rotation now. It was a lovely day all around.

Glad you got there safely :) Have a fabulous time!

Cynthia, enjoyed the video of the Jamminators! :thumbsup2 I love catching them in the park.........they are so much fun to watch and listen to, even the corny jokes!!! :rotfl:

Nice job on the driving! Glad you made it safely and I know you are having a wonderful time! :cool1: :beach:

Go back to bed! It's vacation!!!! :)
:rotfl2:

i like the pies, but you need to take a picture of the filling next time.:thumbsup2
That's what I was thinking! I have heard so much about shepherd's pie, but don't know a lot about what is in it......... :confused3 They do look good for sure, but then what man doesn't love some good mashed potatoes??? :goodvibes

Safe travels and have an absolutely wonderful time, Mary Ellen! :beach:

Thanks Karin!

Have a great trip!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill!

Have a great trip!!!

Thanks Pam!

And don't forget about Jesse from Toy Story...............

I love Jesse! So do you suggest we each pick our favorite redhead and go with it? :thumbsup2

Another endorsement??? :confused3 :rolleyes1

Hmmmmm - I don't think so! :rotfl:

Mary Ellen, thoughts and prayers for this situation! I hope it all works out soon for you! :hug:

Thanks. I think it will and when it does I give some more details.

Lots of great pictures from Epcot for both of you ladies! I think I would have asked to take a picture of that scooter too!!! I love the ones that people take the time to decorate. Why does needing to rely on one of them have to be boring, right??? :)

Absolutely. I love when I see them decorated for Christmas, F&W, and F&G. Oh - not to mention Halloween and Thanksgiving. Its great and its so creative.

I don't think I have ever seen the Jammitors with anything other than their trash cans!

That was the first time I saw them using kitchen appliances. Very cool!

Loved the artwork of Walt and the Mickey/Minnie on the train.

Me too! That's one of my favorites considering that Walt actually drew Mickey for the first time on a train.

Funny how many pictures people get of Alice wandering off through a park! :rotfl2:

Never coming. Always going. But where? :confused3

Cheers Mary Ellen! :drinking1 So what happened to the rum??? :confused3

Oh - I'll tell you about the rum's final destination. Later.

And I always enjoy finding the subtle changes to the trains in Germany that they make depending on the season or what is going on in the park.

I agree and I can't believed I missed that. Thank goodness Cynthia took that picture.

Good luck with the soufflé if you take it on one day Cynthia! I will try cooking a lot of different things, but not so sure I would even consider taking on a soufflé!!! :scared1:

Me either. But I bet even if it turns out not that fluffy the taste will be there. that cheese was so YMU!

Hope you have a great trip Mary Ellen!!! HHI is a great place to spend a few days! Hope you have great weather to enjoy! :thumbsup2

Its beautiful here right now. We were supposed to go to Savannah today but we had a change in plans. :sick: I'll post on that later too.

5BC4E164-ABB0-4F6A-B059-CA2BD30DFED7-1675-00000241D2FA7EB0-1.jpg

B1FDD511-38C1-4A21-9571-619D5F4E2D72-1675-000002418118B7D8.jpg

:goodvibes

They look delish ! Yum!

Yummy! Insert a drooling emoticon.

I totally agree!

:yay:
After looking for it in October and not finding it anywhere, I was afraid that we had waited too long to make a decision about the official DIS mug. But, the animal print Mickey head gods were on my side last month, and as soon as I found them, I snagged two - one for Jill and one for me. We can officially gather 'round the DIStown community center coffee table now, but since neither of us are coffee drinkers, we'll be rockin' the hot chocolate, I guess. :thumbsup2

Hey - hot chocolate, tea, or coffee, there is nothing like the satisfaction of finding a hidden mickey in the bottom of your cup! :thumbsup2 So glad you were able to find the mug. I love mine!!!!

I am struggling to catch up with DIS news after the trip, but I am getting there. Loving your World Showcase pictures. :goodvibes

Thanks! I find that if I miss a day or two of the DIS I am behind and have to work to catch up. It's like a part time job! :rotfl2:

Sorry about your sick kitties, Mary Ellen! That is really the pits. :(

Thanks! I've been checking in with Nick and Max seems to be doing well. He actually wants to go outside now and has the energy to actually run (instead of walk) when he is called. :goodvibes

I have to say, I don't know if you listen to the DIS Unplugged podcast, but they just did a segment on overlooked Animal Kingdom, and Dustin mentioned the little seating area you found behind Tamu Tamu! I immediately said to myself in the car, "That's the spot from Mary Ellen's TR!" :goodvibes

I don't, but I should. Haha - too funny about my "spot". I love that spot!

I SO LOVE that a random man offered you a sip of the berry beer. :lmao: That's hilarious!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I did enjoy it and it was a pretty funny experience. At least I knew that the beer I wanted to try was a winner!

I too would be so curious about those people posing for pictures....

It felt more like a photoshot that just normal portraits. I almost wondered if they were going to use them on some kind of business advertisement since they were both dressed the same. :confused3

Love the PP photos of you with your beer! :rotfl: Now that's a F&W picture if I ever saw one!!

:rotfl2: Yes - yes it is! :rotfl2: Nothing shy about the way I drink a beer!

The demonstration looks really fun!

It was and when you consider that the price is similar to a food item and drink at the kiosks, its totally worth it.

Another fun day. I have never made shepards pie either and wouldn't have a clue how to go about it. Maybe someday I will attempt it. I need an easy recipe though.

That really does look so yummy!

Okay, I love that you put the shepherd's pie in individual dishes -- I always do mine in a casserole dish, but yours is so much more appealing looking. Also, how do you get your mashed potatoes to look all pretty and swirly???

I'm curious about that to. Will be reading along to figure it out.

i like the pies, but you need to take a picture of the filling next time.:thumbsup2

I'm not sure it will be all that pretty in a picture but ok, filling next time. There is plenty of filling and it is darn tasty.

Cynthia, enjoyed the video of the Jamminators! :thumbsup2 I love catching them in the park.........they are so much fun to watch and listen to, even the corny jokes!!! :rotfl:

I really wish Evan could have seen the kitchen version, he would have loved it.

That's what I was thinking! I have heard so much about shepherd's pie, but don't know a lot about what is in it......... :confused3 They do look good for sure, but then what man doesn't love some good mashed potatoes??? :goodvibes

Filling: Lean ground beef, onion, beef stock, carrots, garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire, salt/pepper, fresh thyme and a little bit of flour to thicken. You can do it with the dried thyme but the fresh makes a huge difference, as does the quality of the meat. Saute onions first and then braise the meat with it, add the thickener, then the rest of the ingredients and cook covered on low a good 45 minutes.

Top with the mashed potatoes (and I also add some of the Dubliner cheese lol). Bake for 25, broil for 2.

:goodvibes

basic, simple comfort food

And yes, Jeff's in it primarily for the potatoes. :rotfl2:

I love Jesse! So do you suggest we each pick our favorite redhead and go with it? :thumbsup2

Jesse must have some long lost sisters somewhere. I admit, I can't pull off Merida's hair but Jesse would work.

Its beautiful here right now. We were supposed to go to Savannah today but we had a change in plans. :sick: I'll post on that later too.

I do not like seeing this!

:sick:

Hope everyone is ok

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter