Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by MEK, Dec 17, 2012.

1. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Many places also offer an AP discount, or DVC. At least ne of my apps shows which are offered at each location and it's incredibly helpful!

No but I'll need to look for it! I absolutely adore the YC and really wish they had villas.

I agree, I couldn't bear to see Mickey all slimey!

I had fun with it and so did the boys. Jeff got tired of the texts.

LOL!

that line was nuts

I will! We've got a few more shirts to go first :lmao:

Good idea!

it is such a lovely walk

definitely a shame!

:lmao: not anymore than anyone else but it is darn cute and I still really want it.

Oh my gosh, those strollers. YIKES! Made me glad my kids are older

It is a GREAT gift shop and much as I hate to say it to you, I think better than the Marketplace.

It was a good welcome home drink, who knew then it would actually become a "real" home for me!

The YC is so pretty and I love that Marina setting for functions

:lmao: I thought it was Chelsea's boyfriend, it was actually Mary Ellen's idea of me to kiss Bo and post it on Jackie's wall on FB.

The Classic was delish!

Relax, no rush!

I truly adore the YC. I can't imagine using points to stay there but really would love to stay again someday but now that we are DVC I don't really see that happening, we will just have to wave from the Boardwalk. I had a lot of fun with the T's.

It was a very fun morning with some nice downtime at the pool.

Definitely look at one of the apps (I can see which shows what if you like) as they will show which places have DDP, TIW, AP, DVC discounts and for what meals, it's pretty cool! We probably won't do the DDP on our next family trip and I need to determine whether getting TIW makes sense or not. My issue with the TIW is exactly that, very very few discounts on CS. Which normally would be great for us but with the mix of kids we will be doing more CS than my family normally would and so...spreadsheet time!

It is such a lovely walk and not long at all. Even closer from the BW! I had a lot of fun with the T's...there are more to come.

What a lovely set of locations to choose from!

:rotfl2:

Congrats to Connor!

It was a fun day and honestly, didn't really feel busy at all! Nice pace actually.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneydancer86

disneydancer86 Mouseketeer

Great updates MEK and eandesmom!!

Way to get in there and ride the big rides before things got busy! I can't believe that line for FPs....We usually get there after the line dies down and the FP return time for TSM is like...8pm!:rotfl2:

I love the merchanidise and t-shirt pictures. I too have walked past the HAMM shirt a time or two, but never bought it! Maybe this summer...

MEK, I must say your BW/YC pictures are incredible! We went over there and took pictures but they werent nearly as clear and beautiful as yours. How sneaky of you to catch a pic of the bride and groom! hehe...:wave2:

Captain's Grill is a restaurant I always hear about, but never get over to try. I'm glad you enjoyed it. In general, I have heard that the Epcot resorts have excellent food.

Can't wait to see room pictures!! Happy St. Paddy's!!

4. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Thanks! I am waiting while Denny and Nick watch the college basketball rankings. Then its out to diner.

I know you do. It's such a fabulous area! I just love it there!!!!! :cool1:

I love that walk, especially in the good weather. It was so enjoyable.

:rotfl2: Oh that Mike! :rotfl2:

I gave up on the borders because everything was loading SO slow, so I appreciate her perseverance!

It's such a pretty resort. I think the YC is a little easier to photograph than the BC and the BW, so I was looking for some interesting vantage points.

I did not see that, but I wish I had. It sounds so cool and so appropriate for that resort.

It's a great, secluded area. I could definitely see picking that for a reception venue. When I first went back there in June I remember thinking "Am I allowed to be here?" It seemed so exclusive.

Coming Up Soon!

That's right! I forgot! Are you there now? Enjoy! I hope its a wonderful trip!

I bet they don't sell well at all. I didn't pay attention to the price, but if I am going to spend money on a kitchen gadget it won't be something that is going to get all yucky.

Such a lovely area for a reception. And it really was a perfect afternoon. I hope they had a wonderful time. I don't know how they couldn't.

Your welcome!

It sure does, doesn't it? :rotfl2:

Coming up soon!!!!!!

I have heard good things about Captain's Grille. It sounds like they are pretty consistent and I was pleased with the food and service. I'll definitely be back.

Serenity is the perfect word to describe that pool!

5. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

They were so cute. It was a fun character meet!

:rotfl: Me too! I wonder where they hide that?????

They really do add a great layer to the existing entertainment. Sort of like the icing on a cake!

You got that right. That burger was so enjoyable, especially since I was starving by then.

Very quiet and relaxing and fun to think about how close it is to Epcot....as the bird flies it must be right next to it.

We did get an awesome room - stayed tuned. :cool1:

See how I tastefully ignored the clown! :rotfl: When I actually sat on the pool deck the clown was not nearly as creepy as it appears in pictures! I know - hard to believe!

They have some really cute postcards. Definitely worth a look!

I enjoyed our meal there and I hope to go back. I wouldn't even mind wondering over there for lunch during a break from Epcot. I can't imagine that it ever gets real crowded there.

:cool1: Woo Hoo! It will be here before you know it. It's actually easy to find. Just go to the lobby, hang a left and walk outside towards the inn rooms and keep on walking. Can't miss it. Perfection!

Thanks!

Awwwww - that's cute! Did you get Bo to blush?

You really are the T-shirt queen! Great advertising for Disney.

I can't believe our FP time wasn't until 11am. Sheesh! :faint:

Hmmmmm - that looks good.

And I agree - I do NOT like that whole skinny drink idea. It's a joke!

It's ridiculous - but at least it moves really well.

One of my favs too. I love everything about it - the queue is fun and its a fun coaster!

I enjoy looking at Cynthia's T shirt pictures better on line then when I am there in person. I can study them better!

6. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

I dropped off the disboards for a bit, but I'm back and all caught up on your TR. sounds like you were able to accomplish a lot at HS that morning. Sorry that cookie was too sweet; it's never good when you mix coasters with a sugar high.
    The walk from the park to the BWV looks so gorgeous and peaceful, and your pictures of the resort are gorgeous. Makes me want to visit the place on my next trip.
    I'm sure it was a pain not having your room available until the actual designated check in time, but on the plus side, you both were able to kick back and relax for awhile. Always nice to take advantage of down time at Disney.

7. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Holy updates Batman! I will be back later to try and catch up on everything!

8. GoofyFan1515

GoofyFan1515 IMO, this new DIS is horrible! More chore than fun

You're asking US??? I would think it would have been obvious to you!!! :rotfl:

Maybe, but after that little character meet incident, I'm guessing you went for a new Mike Wazowski (with one good eye) plush toy to take home............ :rolleyes1

What? No castle in the background??? :confused3

Mike action AND Bo Action??? You're gonna get a reputation around here if you aren't careful.......... :rotfl2:

Some really great pictures of your walk back, and around Boardwalk! Too bad the room wasn't ready yet.

Never tried Captain's Grille for anything other than dinner, but the two times I ate there were really great experiences, and the food was fantastic!!! :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed your burger. Need to try breakfast and/or lunch there sometime.

:thumbsup2

You got some great pictures of the marina area! I really need to spend a little time away from the parks and explore this area more!

Definitely looks like a great pool to relax and unwind so you are ready for more park time! :woohoo:

Stalker!! :lmao:

Not bad. What a crazy FP line for TSMM, and boy can those FPs go quickly sometimes! Love RnR and that is usually at the top of the list after hitting TSMM for me too!

Looks like Goofy should have been holding his hat during the ride too!!! :rotfl:

Finally, some quality T-shirt ideas..........NOW we're talking!!! :yay:

You both got some great pics of the Streetmosphere, and nice job on the TSMM scores!!!

:eek: With all the pictures of women I see on the DIS hanging all over him, I have GOT to find out what special attraction that guy has going for him............. :scratchin

More great pictures of the walking trail back, and around the resorts, Boardwalk and lake! Like I said, I really like Captain's Grille, so great choice IMO!

9. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

I need to know what that app is..... :rolleyes: With TIw going up I may need to start working the DVC, AP and VISA discounts more.

YES Chelsea started it..... :rolleyes:

Spreadsheet alert!!!! :eek:

Okay lets see....

He is reliable - I always know where to find him ... except for one summer trip.
    He is quiet, and does not complain about having to hang around while I ride or shop.
    He is ready with a refreshment- sio I know he cares.

He always greets me with a great smile.

I will say he is not perfect but he is a welcome sight when I enter DHS.;)

10. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

I do really like that shirt, we will see if it makes it home next trip or not.

Welcome back! It is such a gorgeous walk. We would have done the pool either way, truly the only difference would have been unloading a little big of the things we were carrying around and...pool drinks made in the room :rotfl:

:rotfl:

You'd get along great with the target audience

Magic Guide is the one I really like for menus and what discounts there are. The My Disney Experience one is a lot slower to load and doesn't offer any discount info but...you can make a ressie from your phone. The Undercover Touris one also shows discounts, I just prefer the interface on Magic Guide.

Yes, I have 3 apps that do the same (sort of) thing. Plus one that predated the My Disney Experience one (Disney Parks) that I've get to delete...

Jackie did get a kick out of it

Oh you KNOW I have one going already. Which really is silly until we chat menus with the family and since I can't even get the others to book yet, my hope for discussing dining at Easter (with ADR day not until July 2nd) I don't really see much happening too soon. Which I guess will be ok until I get back from Aulani....

Love it!

11. SimplyGoofy

SimplyGoofy "You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"

Thank you both for all the wonderful pictures of the walk from DHS to the Boardwalk Inn! I can't wait to try out this path in a few months, and it helps to know what I'm supposed to be looking for! :lmao:

Cynthia, thank you for all the great pictures of the t-shirts! I've seen quite a few that are pretty fun, and quite a few more that are pretty hysterical! I hope you have more of them? :goodvibes

Thanks for two great updates!

12. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

And...
    -he is agreeable - never says no to any crazy idea one might have.
    -he lets you put hats, scarves, leis, or whatever on him, and he wears them proudly while you take a picture.
    -he's cheap to keep fed, and what other guy can you say that about???
    -he is always careful to keep those white clothes white.

Anyone else want to sing Bo's praises? If I had time, I'd dig up some of my old Bo pictures, but I have to get this house in order and finish packing for a trip to Bo's world tomorrow. :thumbsup2

13. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Cynthia is definitely the T shirt queen. Her pictures make me realize exactly how many T's I completely missed.

:rotfl2: Good luck with that! That would never happen in my house. :rotfl2:

You will love the walk. In the good weather it is so plesant. Much better than the boat. IMHO!

The pickins were really slim, weren't they Rosie? :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

Me too!

That was helpful to me too since I am apparently clueless as to the time sequence of things. And I blame it ALL on photobucket! :rotfl:

It was a great spot for lunch. Really enjoyed it.

It's a cute store. Definitely check it out.

Any drink would have been a good "welcome home" drink at that time of day, if you know what I mean. :rotfl:

::yes::

The YC is beautiful and the entire Epcot resort area is just lovely for a wedding/vow renewal venue. If you can justify the price tag for the vow renewal, I say "go for it". ::yes::

That Bo - what a two-timer! :rotfl:

:cool1: woo hoo for countdown!

Always fun to choose your drinks ahead of time - and then change your mind on the spur of the moment! :thumbsup2

No worries - it might be awhile before I post again because I have a lot of extracurricular stuff going on right now. So, unless I can write an update on the sly at work, there won't be another any time soon.

Thanks! And many duplicates, too! ::yes::

Exactly - you can NOT take that walk during the summer heat - its brutal. But if you can walk in the evening or during the cooler weather it is just perfect.

I would love to stay at the YC, but I always say it probably won't ever happen because of owning DVC. AT this point I usually have enough points for all my planned trips so there's no need to stay anywhere else.

I do think that every resort should have it's own resort-specific merchandise. It's like bringing a piece of the resort home with you. Well, sort-of.

14. disneydancer86

disneydancer86 Mouseketeer

You mean like this?! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

[​IMG]

or...this?!:rotfl2:

[​IMG]

I had love for Bo even before I found the DIS!

15. Captain_Oblivious

Selective editing makes things more fun! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

It takes a lot of time!

With a great view of the Creepy Clown??

You know you want to see him.

:cool1: :woohoo: You finally learned your lesson!

(because there was actual meat in it)

NOW you tell me!:rotfl:

16. Captain_Oblivious

:eek::faint: Never seen one that long!

We know better than that!

The back row seems to be where the Rebel spies are located as well. :scratchin

Now we're getting to my kinda shirts. :rotfl2:

One of these days I'll figure out the proper wrist action on that infernal thing.

You and me both. It was needed. The shops are more interesting that way.

That sounds VERY cool.

Creepy clown! Creepy clown!

17. Moira222

Moira222 Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

aagh ALL OF MY MULTI QUOTES ARE GONE! :sad: I just caught up on like 20 pages and had some great photos to comment on. darn!!!

Now I'm going to have to come back & find the key pictures.

I don't remember a crystal store in MK and it looks like you both visited there separately. Like Cynthia, its probably a store I avoid when with Katie because I hate the idea of having to buy broken crystal.:scratchin

First, I love the Poly pics. Is that a zero entry pool? I didn't look that closely when we visited there last month. It does look like a fun slide - I could totally see going down that puppy with Katie. :thumbsup2

Mary Ellen I love your WLR photos. I truly think this is the prettiest resort. I just love the feel of it. I am relieved that JOe (in true fuzzy disney logic) feels that even though he's still "mad" at the WLR, he'd stay at VWL because you know, that's DVC, not the regular resort :rolleyes:. hey, whatever works because it really is one of my favorite resorts.

You and Cynthia really really lucked out walking into MK for MSEP - Your photos turned out awesome!

[​IMG]

Tell me, are those really people at the back of this float, all done up in lights? I zoomed in a few times but can't be sure. its very cool looking!!

and Yeah, this is the best part of the prade:
    [​IMG]

If there were a prize for most DisMeets in one trip, you two would have won!!
    [​IMG]

Great photo! Love the dressy look!
    [​IMG]

Very funny that you dozed of ME during CoP --- I personally always entertain the family by singing along and occasionally forcing them to sway along with me to the music :upsidedow Its probably good that we are not normally in there with a crowd of people to annoy.

what a good start to your DHS - RnR right away but holy cow that wait line for FP's for TSM is ridiculous!:faint:
    [​IMG]

I hope the poor girl in line at ToT was okay.

I just love the setting in the lobby
    [​IMG]

I don't think I've noticed the display cases because I always seem to be looking at all the little details.

Do you think they actually clean the furniture in this room &then reapply the cobwebs, or just let nature take its course?

Love that you got all the Twilight Zone shots -- that's the part that scared Katie. We are hoping she will get over the scariness of the pictures because she LOVES the bouncy part of the elevator falling.

If you like creepy elevator stories, take a ghost tour at Gettysburg -- there's a really good elevator ghost story in town in a building that used to be a hospital during the civil war.

Your leisure time at BW waiting for your room seems well spent. That burger looks delicious, how nice that there was no wait at all!

Can you use TIW discount at CS places, or only TS? just wondering. It definitely makes for a nicer meal when you get waited on, and if the price was almost the same, bonus!

Cynthia, did you actually buy any of those great tees? I loved the sparkly one from ToT (at least it looked sparkly in the photo. )[​IMG]

great updates ladies! Can't wait to see your room!

18. GoofyFan1515

GoofyFan1515 IMO, this new DIS is horrible! More chore than fun

:lmao:

I don't think I would've said THAT!!!

Talk about your opportunities for selective editing............. :rolleyes1

19. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Thanks!

I have to agree and, as you will see, the view is much better!

I think getting to half of EMH definitely helped checking things accomplished rather quickly, which was good since we never intended on spending the whole day there.

I think it probably ends up being a little bit more for the TS lunch meals that we did because of tip, but in the end it is so much nicer than having to stand in line . Being waited on is really nice when you are already sick of standing in lines.

Me too! I think it must be amazing to have a wedding there. Or be invited to one as a guest - even better. :rotfl:

It really isn't a bad walk at all. I figured out that it's about a mile from the Boardwalk to the entrance of DHS. And, seriously, a mile is nothing when you are walking all day anyway.

Cynthia deserves a commission for the number of T-shirts she has posted in this TR. ;)

That is so awesome that you have your spot picked out. Each spot is wonderful and I think the croquet lawn will be just perfect. :thumbsup2 It's just gorgeous in that whole area. You can not go wrong. And I can attest to the fact that they put A LOT of effort into setting up. They were working hard. I think its save to say you will be in good hands.

:rotfl2: Rosie - You are TOO funny! :rotfl2:

Welcome back stranger! Glad you are getting all caught up again. The Halloween party was so much fun. I'm glad you enjoyed my random comments - I was on a roll. :rotfl:

Congratulations to Connor - those are awesome choices. Nick did not want to apply to Lehigh, which still bothers me. And then when he saw the campus recently he regretted his decision. Oh well. Live and learn. I know he is eliminating Maryland because he wasn't accepted directly into the engineering program, which seems to be somewhat common from all the reading I've done. That would be OK with in-state tuition, but not with out of state. He's also eliminated the smaller schools and is down to: VT, WVU, UD, and Rowan (full tuition offer). We just toured WVU and we really liked it and they have a combined mechanical/aeronautical program (4.5 years dual degree) that he is highly considering. It's part of our ACM, so the price is unbeatable. I am sort of torn because of the school's rep, but I actually really liked it there. There is just so much down to earth school pride and that really appeals to me, and more importantly, Nick.

Read on and stay tuned for our room update! :thumbsup2

I do stress over getting to replies because I take my commitment to my TRs very seriously. Crazy, I know. But I feel like if I can't give 100% I shouldn't be writing one. :laughing:

Thank you for reminding this is simply a pleasurable pastime!

That was a really fun day with just the right amount of park, touring, relaxing, and eating. It's so great to be a veteran because you can just sit back and enjoy the little things. I think that's exactly what we did. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

I actually didn't realize the line was THAT long, but I knew from previous trips not to panic because it does move really quickly.

They really do sell some creative T-shirts and, like I said above, Cynthia deserves a commission for all the free advertising she is doing. :laughing:

Thank you - so glad you like the pics!

I totally lucked out with the bride/groom picture. Glad I saw them BEFORE my hands were full with an adult beverage. :rolleyes1

I'll tell you what - this summer I would have no problem walking over for there for lunch during my Epcot day. It really is the perfect place for a little food and rest. Definitely on my radar now.

Thanks - same to you, although a little belated.

Room view in the next update!

20. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Lovely morning in DHS! You seem like you got quite a bit accomplished before heading over to the new resort. Both of your photos with the Coca Cola man are adorable! :p

As always, Mary Ellen, loved your photo walk through of the Epcot resorts! Looks so beautiful there.

21. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Welcome back stranger! I hope all is going well with you and you are feeling great.

That cookie gave new meaning to the phrase "gag-me sweet" :rotfl:

It was a lovely walk. I am so glad we decided to walk instead of ride. It was a gorgeous day. Glad you like the resort pics as well. All 3 Epcot resorts are very cool (and so are the non-Disney resorts).

I was hoping our room would be reacy sooner, but it was nice being "forced" to spend all that time at the quiet pool. I just love it there.

Nothing like multiple updates to keep you on your toes! Speaking of updates, I really enjoyed your last one. Hawaii is going to be amazing.