Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

IMG_0623_zps9fa37375.jpg

IMG_0625_zps1a4e12db.jpg

IMG_0627_zps850e35bb.jpg

IMG_0629_zps5e297644.jpg

IMG_0630_zpsba4c7544.jpg

We actually had a pretty entertaining captain. You can tell by the huge smile on this guy's face

IMG_0636_zps4d287b51.jpg

Oh my...........

IMG_0637_zps90fd94ab.jpg

IMG_0638_zps1a26b409.jpg

Where to Next? Does this give you a hint

IMG_0649_zps16285ce0.jpg

To be continued with next update!

Great update (again!) Mary Ellen! It was great to hear about your title info!
You got lots of nice pictures around the Gaston area. I like your artsy shots of the fountain.

I'd like to try LTT - not sure what I'd get there, but I think we might give it a shot on the next trip. (whenever that might be!).

Some how I got behind on all my subscribed threads. :furious:

Both of you got great pictures. MaryEllen, your shots of the Little Mermaid are great. And I love your Christmas pictures.

Cynthia, nice shots at the Opening Show at MK. Don't worry...I always shed a tear or two as well.

Good job girls on talking to the CM's and getting into Fantasyland!

Thank you for the explanation of your title! I'm always curious how folks come up with their title names. What makes your story even more awesome is that your "stranger" was not a stranger at all, but another DISer! It really is a small world after all. :grouphug:

Thanks for another collection of fantastic photos!

Wow what an update !! Sorry your veggie burger was disgusting , I think Mark could have told you that beforehand , and sorryladies I have to side with Mark No Tofu or veggie burgers for me !!:scared1::rotfl2:
The first time I spied a Disser on our very first trip, Judy was mortifies when we recognised each other from the Dis !!! :lmao:But they were as most Dissers are very friendly and she survived and each time it has gotten easier for her !! In fact she no longer acts surprised when I say I am vacationing with strangers . She even will ask me to ask my Dis buddies questions and for prayers , so I soo agree about our Dis family they are the best!!!:cloud9:

I finally get caught up and you throw in another update. :rotfl2:

Great shots of Gaston's; and how funny that Tina was in the skit with Gaston when you and Cynthia showed up.

I'm sorry your lunch wasn't so good at Liberty Tree Tavern. We have a reservation there in August. But I promise I won't be ordering the Veggie Burger...but then I would never order one under any circumstances. ;)

That's too funny about your meet-up with Tina!!! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear that your LTT lunch was a disappointment! It does look like a very carb-heavy meal!

Great update! Too funny about Gaston.

Ok Mary Ellen, your mission for June: get that spider to lunge! It is so scary :rotfl:

Great update (again!) Mary Ellen! It was great to hear about your title info!
You got lots of nice pictures around the Gaston area. I like your artsy shots of the fountain.

All credit for the title goes to Cynthia, but it is pretty funny that we met up with Tina like that. For once we felt like the celebrities. :rotfl:

I had fun with that fountain, but struggled with all the sunlight glare.

I'd like to try LTT - not sure what I'd get there, but I think we might give it a shot on the next trip. (whenever that might be!).

It's really a nice lunch spot. I recommend it, despite the fact that I didn't love my "potato" burger. :rotfl:

At least your trip to HHI is in under two weeks! :cool1:

Some how I got behind on all my subscribed threads. :furious:

No worries. We know you will catch up when you can! :thumbsup2

Both of you got great pictures. MaryEllen, your shots of the Little Mermaid are great. And I love your Christmas pictures.

Thanks! Of course you know I had to post the Christmas pics. They are so much fun to take.

Cynthia, nice shots at the Opening Show at MK. Don't worry...I always shed a tear or two as well.

I was so shocked the first time I got choked up at the opening show. I didn't expect it and it hit me all of a sudden. *gulp* So I know the feeling.

Good job girls on talking to the CM's and getting into Fantasyland!

I am so glad that CM gave us a heads up. If not I'm not sure how long it would have taken for us to circle back.

Thank you for the explanation of your title! I'm always curious how folks come up with their title names. What makes your story even more awesome is that your "stranger" was not a stranger at all, but another DISer! It really is a small world after all. :grouphug:

Personally, I am not too creative with the names, so it helps to have someone who is. On my last girl's trip we actually did a TR naming session before we left and figured it out that way.

I just can't believe it was Tina and I was sitting there taking pictures of who I thought was a random stranger. There must have been something familiar about her, though.

Thanks for another collection of fantastic photos!

Thanks and your welcome!

Wow what an update !! Sorry your veggie burger was disgusting , I think Mark could have told you that beforehand , and sorryladies I have to side with Mark No Tofu or veggie burgers for me !!:scared1::rotfl2:

I know Mark will totally chastise me for evening ordering that burger (and I use that term very loosely), let alone eating it. Bad decision on my part, that's for sure. :rotfl2:

The first time I spied a Disser on our very first trip, Judy was mortifies when we recognised each other from the Dis !!! :lmao:But they were as most Dissers are very friendly and she survived and each time it has gotten easier for her !! In fact she no longer acts surprised when I say I am vacationing with strangers . She even will ask me to ask my Dis buddies questions and for prayers , so I soo agree about our Dis family they are the best!!!:cloud9:

Ahh - that's a great story. Everyone comes around eventually. My oldest son gave me a hard time before I left on this trip. He kept walking around saying "I can't believe you are going on this trip with an internet stranger". He said, "you would die if I did that". I kept trying to convince him that Cynthia wasn't an internet stranger despite the fact that we met that way. :rotfl:

I finally get caught up and you throw in another update. :rotfl2:

Sorry! :)

Great shots of Gaston's; and how funny that Tina was in the skit with Gaston when you and Cynthia showed up.

It is pretty ironic that the first person we saw Gaston with was Tina! That worked out great because I don't think we would have seen her otherwise.

I'm sorry your lunch wasn't so good at Liberty Tree Tavern. We have a reservation there in August. But I promise I won't be ordering the Veggie Burger...but then I would never order one under any circumstances. ;)

Definitely do NOT eat the veggie burger. I hope they take it off the menu and replace it with something that is more "veggie" because that stunk. I actually like the veggie burgers at BK so I was hoping it would be more like that. Obviously I did not read the description well enough before I ordered.

I love all the pictures around New Fantasyland. So excited to see that area :)

You are going to LOVE it! :rotfl: LOL - I think I said the exact same thing the last time you posted. But seriously, I can think of no better place for you and Princess Caitlin! :goodvibes

That's too funny about your meet-up with Tina!!! :goodvibes

Can you believe that? Seriously, what are the chances? :confused3 I am so glad we ran into her that way.

Sorry to hear that your LTT lunch was a disappointment! It does look like a very carb-heavy meal!

The french fries were good! :rotfl2: That's a plus, but that potato burger thing was just blah. Oh well - live and learn!

Great update! Too funny about Gaston.

He really played his role perfectly and I definitely think we threw him for a loop. :rotfl:

Ok Mary Ellen, your mission for June: get that spider to lunge! It is so scary :rotfl:

:rotfl2: I tried, but here's what happened - They were loading FP first, so apparently I was holding up the rest of the regular riders. Either that or the loaded us last and the boat was waiting to leave. I had less than 2 seconds with that spider and I so wanted to get him to jump. Good reason to go standby.

I know Mark will totally chastise me for evening ordering that burger (and I use that term very loosely), let alone eating it. Bad decision on my part, that's for sure. :rotfl2:

Ahh - that's a great story. Everyone comes around eventually. My oldest son gave me a hard time before I left on this trip. He kept walking around saying "I can't believe you are going on this trip with an internet stranger". He said, "you would die if I did that". I kept trying to convince him that Cynthia wasn't an internet stranger despite the fact that we met that way. :rotfl:

You know he has a point !!!!If my Grand daughters said they were going on vacation with someone they met on the internet I would be a SCREEMING MIMI!!!!:lmao::lmao: But if they told e they had met a Dissers daughter it would be just fine !!!:rotfl2:

:laughing: Love that story! That's so cool that yall got recognized too, and were able to meet a new DISer!

All your pictures are great (well, the ones I can look at :lmao:). I honestly had never noticed that the top of that building in Adventureland had antelope on it (or whatever they are). How crazy!

Oh man, sorry you didn't enjoy your sandwich. That stinks.

Thank goodness you got the lion shot on Jungle Cruise!!! That takes some luck! :laughing:

You know he has a point !!!!If my Grand daughters said they were going on vacation with someone they met on the internet I would be a SCREEMING MIMI!!!!:lmao::lmao: But if they told e they had met a Dissers daughter it would be just fine !!!:rotfl2:

:lmao: I hear you Rosie. I would be doing the same thing, so he definitely has a point. It's just hard convincing him that DISers are different! :rotfl:

Luvin all the Fantasyland and Jungle pics.

Thanks! You know I LOVE to take pics! I can't help it. It's an addiction.

:laughing: Love that story! That's so cool that yall got recognized too, and were able to meet a new DISer!

I was so happy to run into Tina. We were hoping to see her anyway, but this really did make it so much easier. :thumbsup2

:All your pictures are great (well, the ones I can look at :lmao:). I honestly had never noticed that the top of that building in Adventureland had antelope on it (or whatever they are). How crazy!

Isn't it funny the little details you can find when you are not even looking? Sometimes I look at my pictures and say, "where the heck did that come from and why didn't I ever see it before?" :rotfl:

:Oh man, sorry you didn't enjoy your sandwich. That stinks.

I knew I was taking a chance with that sandwich. I just don't know why they took away that yummy roast beef sandwich. That would have been my pic for sure.

:lThank goodness you got the lion shot on Jungle Cruise!!! That takes some luck! :laughing:

I really had my "A" game on that afternoon, didn't I? :rotfl2:

Great mega updates! I really liked your artsy shots of Gastons waterfountain statue. I haven't had my camera out in quit some time now and I need to get back in practice again.
Too bad lunch wasn't that good. I have never eaten there yet, but I do know the veggie burger wouldn't be my pick. :rotfl2:

Awwww poor Gaston! He looks so confused as to why he was being shunned! :lmao: But it is a funny moment and lead to a great TR title. :thumbsup2
Gaston's tavern looks so cool, I love your fountain pics! Mannn I can't wait to see all the New Fantasyland stuff! It's going to be a whole new Magic Kingdom next time I go back!
I love when random Disney CMs go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. :) It's the little things. Even the Disney butterflies pose for nice pictures!
Too bad you didn't love your meal. I've never tried a veggie burger. I always mean to but I really never get around to it. :confused3 :rotfl:
Love the Jungle Cruise pics! Ahh how I wish I were there right now.

Enjoyed the update and getting to know how the TR title came to be! Lots of great pictures of the new Fantasy Land!

I'm glad that you got to see the MK opening show Cynthia. You have to see it at least once (and then that's probably enough). Great pictures and update on the New Fantasyland...thanks!

MEK, great pictures of Tina interacting with Gaston. I remember reading her account of the event a while back. That's so funny that you didn't realize it was her at first.

Cynthia, congrats on finally making the opening show (though I agree with Glenn, once is probably enough)! I love your morning MK shots...can't beat that bright blue WDW sky.

Mary Ellen, I loved getting to see so much of New FL through your pics! Can't wait to see it for myself come May...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter