Sorry another question about packing.....clothes during the day

njmomboys2

Mouseketeer
Hi there...I am pretty good on the clothes needed for the pool and dinner time...I am struggling with how to figure out how much is needed for during the day...do most people wear their swimsuits with coverups or Tee shirts? Do I need short sets for each day or just few?

How about after dinner...do most folks change back into casual clothes.

For excursions....what do you wear..we are doing the Stingray/Island Observatory Tour in G.Cayman (Hell, Turtle far, Stingray..but don' swim only observe).

Thanks!!!

Oh just remembered an additional question.....what times are the pools open til at night?

I think you'll find that folks wear a lot of different things. Some hang out in suits and cover ups, others in shorts/tees. I usually only wear my suit if I am around the pool-not very comfy IMHO, and if inside the ship, sometimes the air can be a bit chilly. Shorts/tee is my usual if hanging around the ship. For excursions, if it's a water based one, I'd recommend wearing your suit under your clothes or cover up. SOmetimes there is very limited place to change.

During the day, it's shorts & t-shirts and/or bathing suits. Same for excursions...bathing suits under casual clothes. Dinner, of course, is whatever the menu calls for, but after dinner, it's back to casual.

I believe to pools are open til 10:00 or so.

njmomboys2 - so glad you asked this question, I've been wondering the same thing myself! I can see myself wearing my swimsuit with a cover-up on to CC, but I'm not sure what to wear into Nassau. Don't know if the cover-up will be enough (its a tropical tank dress that goes down to just above my knees), or if I need to wear shorts and a tee. :confused3

Boys/men are so easy, they can just wear their swim trunks with a tee and be okay (I would think?). Any other thoughts on that?

The only day I spend the entire day in my suit is on CC. The other days we all wear shorts at some point during the day. We usually stay in our dress clothes after dinner.

Anything you'd wear to a Disney park during the day will be fine. Opting for a bathing suit under you clothes is very smart, as the previous poster said. There's not always a place to change.

I spent far more time in shorts and t-shirts than I did in my swimsuit. We usually swam a bit in the morning, but by lunchtime were out of suits and into shorts and shirts avoiding the crowded pools.

One packing trick is to keep your daycruise wear dining room appropriate. I have a number of "summer skirts" that I can wear to the dining room. Or capris will work as well.

It depends on you and your family. My ds5 is a fish. We spent morning until show-time (6:15) in our suits. Then were changed into our evening wear for show and dinner (8:30) and if we made it past that, shorts and a top.

I had a sarong for during the day and a white cotton terry cover up for the excursions. I had relatives that had suits under clothes and lugged changes of clothes and then they had no where to change.

The deck is fairly cool and I walked barefoot until show/dinner time.

Mom opted to wear clothes to breakfast (even topsiders) then if she wanted to sit out or go in the pool she had to deal with the elevators and run back and get changed.

It seemed that I lived in my swimming suit and cover up. I plan on packing at least 3 suits and 2 cover ups. I am bringing 2 sundresses, 2 pair of shorts, 2 tee shirts, and 2 tank shirts for casual wear (this is for a 7 day cruise). Don't forget the flip flops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!