Sorry, another one!!!

Princess49

<font color=CC3333>It's a great big beautiful tomo
I guess all of the pressure is freaking me out because all the sudden I'm reading through old threads to double check myself!! But I can't seem to find this one... do most people wear their dinner clothes to the show or get changed in between? We are late seating- I don't mind being dressed up but I don't think my BF would feel comfortable if I made him get dressed & he had to look at all of the "comfortable" people in shorts & Tshirts!! I don't even know if there's time to get changed in between but it just occured to me that if you aren't supposed to be dressed for the show that unless I want to wear a tank top & shorts I'll have to rethink my packing! Ok, one more ? for the ladies-- in the carribean, on the ship-- stockings or no? I'll be wearing a short skirt one night- not SHORT short, but above the knee. I don't want to be sweating, but I also don't want people to think it's rude. Plus, my bf HATES stockings & the night I'm wearing the skirt is the REAS turndown service- so if you catch my drift.... ;) Let me know!!! THANKS!!!:D

I would NEVER have said something so risky on here, but I read the surial room thread so I know I'm not the onlyy one that thinks about this stuff!!!:angel:

Even I didn't wear hose on the ship...

And I wouldn't dream of leaving the house with a skirt or dress on without hose - even on the really hot muggy days.

I believe the shows are about an hour or so in length. Whether or not you have time to change for dinner really depends on how long you need.

We had early seating for dinner, and DH always changed out of his "dinner clothes" prior to seeing the show.

At least you are thinking about packing...:wave:

Leave the stockings at home! Neither myself nor my friends wore stockings.

I was early seating, but at the shows you would see people in every manner of dress imaginable. A portion of the people wore what they had on from dinner. Another group wore comfy clothes. Just go with the flow ..... there is such a range ... do what makes you comfortable!

It just depends on how much time it takes you to get dressed. Since I have dd6 it takes me more time because I had to do both of us, so we dressed before the show. I would say it was probably 50/50 as far as those who dressed and those who didn't. Oh, and dont worry about the hose. I didnt wear any and I noticed plenty of other women who didnt either. Just do what ever makes you most comfortable.

We had late dining. We went to the shows in our comfy clothes. Went back to our room and got ready for dinner once the shows were finished, and we had a teenage DD with us!!!

I never wore stockings onboard.

We always changed after dinner (late seating) to enjoy any after-dinner festivities.

Your mileage may vary, but this is what worked for us.

We dressed before the show (2 adults, two mid-range kids), went to the show, then the family cabaret show, then dinner. As I recall, the show is about 6:30 - 7:30, cabaret show is 7:45-8:20 or so, then dinner at 8:30. A couple of tims, my DS was in the kids club watching a movie during the show, so we just ran him up to the room to change, then he came to the cabaret show a bit late.

And the only time I wore pantyhose was on formal night, primarily because I would have felt weird in a long gown with bare legs, and the shoes I wore wouldn't have worked without hose. Other than that, bare legs always!

Princess, what about thigh-highs?! :earseek:

Ok, a question and something (else) for Princess to think about, is there time between (or do they even do) the show and dinner for pictures?

Don't forget that it's quite chilly in the theaters. You might not want to wear shorts and a tank top, unless you don't get cold easily.

Originally posted by DMS_cruisers04
Ok, a question and something (else) for Princess to think about, is there time between (or do they even do) the show and dinner for pictures?

We always had time between the 6:30pm show and 8:30pm dinner. In fact, there's about an hour in between. Most times, like tkd lisa mentioned, we'd dress before the 6:30 show and then in between the end of the show and dinner there was usually something going on that we wanted to attend, like pre-dinner cocktails with the pianist in Sessions or the Duo in Promenade. They also have other shows and bingo in that 7:30-8:30pm time slot. So you'd have this hour for photos in the atrium.

After dinner we would change before going anywhere else. In fact, sometimes we go to the movies and I'll wear my comfy/loungy-pajamas to the Buena Vista movie theatre.

So on some nights, ie. Formal/Semi-formal, it's better to dress before the show if you want to use the time between for pictures. You guys have it so under control. Thanks.

Most of the time we dressed before the show (late seating). Especially on formal and semi-formal nights because we would go right to the lobby for pictures after the show and before dinner.

Nights when we came back from shore excursions, we would sometimes go to the show comfortable and then went back to the room and changed. The show is usually over by 7:15 -- 7:30
at the latest. So you have time to go back to your room. Sometimes we'd be dressed for dinner, but just go back to the room and sit on our balcony for a while and then go to dinner.

Late seating is the best because you are not rushed to finish and leave so they can set up for the next seating. Plus it gives you more time on land when in port.

Originally posted by invaderzim
Late seating is the best because you are not rushed to finish and leave so they can set up for the next seating. Plus it gives you more time on land when in port.

::yes:: I agree 100%!

Although, we don't have little ones yet so that would probably change with the age of our kiddos.

We usually dress before the show and then do one of the club activities/shows before dinner or have a nice drink in one of the lounges....but you certainly have time to go and change between show and dinner when you have late seating.....we usually change out of our dinner clothes and put more comfy clothes on for the rest of the evening.

MJ

ok, no hose- should I bother with thigh highs then? THANK YOU SO MUCH ALL OF YOU ARE GREAT!!! I am running around like a NUT packing!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!:D :

Originally posted by Princess49
ok, no hose- should I bother with thigh highs then? THANK YOU SO MUCH ALL OF YOU ARE GREAT!!! I am running around like a NUT packing!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!:D :

I'd just stick with the bare legs! That's what I've done in three cruises.

ok, no hose. I guess I have to wear read underwear?? I don't want to give anyone a show.... the ship is WHAT percent children...LOL:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter