Sooze's Surprise Trip for DS's 8th UPDATE! p.20 #287 11/3 Link to New TR p.19

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Sooze, May 14, 2008.

1. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

It's so wonderful to have 'friends' :hug: who completely understand my excitement and are just as excited as I am (and maybe a wee bit jealous!)

Because you KNOW my non-Disneyaholic friends are going to think we are just ill... what do they know!

Thanks again everyone! Check back tomorrow night, late... gonna get this update going!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. teruterubouzu

teruterubouzu DIS Veteran

Wow! I just saw you do have a trip report going, and you are going on a surprise trip in just a week. How fun!

4. WDWBetsy

WDWBetsy found her happily ever after!!!

I'm so happy for you! How exciting! :banana: :banana:

5. JenSop

JenSop DIS Veteran

Hi Sooze! That is so amazingly awesome!! And yes - I am jealous! Everything just lined up perfectly for your trip. Have a great time!

6. hjohnson6

hjohnson6 Mouseketeer

I've been to several lives shows in the Northern VA area (4 times), Charlotte (twice), Drum Along the Rockies (once), and DH and I attend the World Championships at the University of Maryland in 2000.

I just watched the shows on TV as a kid. They didn't have too many lives shows around us in Southern Cal while I was growing up.

7. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

Sorry guys.. no update tonight. It's already 10:20 and I finally finished all of my chores and things that needed to get done to wrap up this weekend.

I'll get to it real soon....:rolleyes1

8. micandminforever

micandminforever DIS Veteran

Have a good week at school.

9. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

congrats that is great news, cant wait to hear all about it.,

10. DisneyJo

DisneyJo Missing my tags!

Wow how fantastic that you get to go again and Beach Club Villas too, awesome :goodvibes

11. caz1712

caz1712 Mouseketeer

Hey Sooze!

Sorry its been soo long but thats me just getting caught up on your report tonight!

Sounds like a fantastic trip so far! Pirate Cruise sounds like a fun thing for the kids to do as well! Pictures are fantastic!

WOW you are soo lucky a little bounus trip! Hope you all have a fabulous short break to the World next week!

Carreen
    xxx

12. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

Ugh.. half way over! This is the LONGEST week EVER!!!:sad2:

I'm not going to do a separate TR for it, but I will definitely post pictures and a few thoughts on here!

I KNOW!!!:banana: :banana: I am UBER-excited!!!

Glad you checked in!! Can't wait to share with you all how our quickie goes!!

13. micandminforever

micandminforever DIS Veteran

Keep saying next week two days of Disney and only three days of school.

14. Blueyed Girl

Blueyed Girl HAKUNA MATATA!

OMG, this is AWESOME NEWS!!!! You've got a whole lot of pixie dust around you right now. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read all about it!

15. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

:woohoo: OMG!! So TRUE!!!

:flower3: I don't know what we did to deserve it, but we'll take it!!

16. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

So... we were trying to kill time before Tyson's big debut on RnRCoaster.. his FIRST attempt at an upside-down adventure. I felt like we had done EVERYTHING and we still had a few minutes to spare before scoping out a spot for the Block Party Bash. So we...in a fit of sheer insanity... meandered over to TSM.
    [​IMG]

Um... yeah...

[​IMG]

Obviously, we were no where close to obtaining a fast pass, since they probably distributed them ALL within the first 2.3 minutes of the park opening. And no way, no how was I waiting THAT long!! Again, the beauty of being a multi-trip-a-year family... we'll just get to it next time!;)

We walked along the Block Party Bash route (I refuse to call it a parade.. cause it just ain't one!) and found a spot in front of the busts of famous people in entertainment. It was the perfect place to wait. Tyson made a new friend and the two of them had a blast jumping, sitting on :scared: , and making fun of the busts... whatever.. no one seemed to be getting offended!

I had a blast watching this CM:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He had a bubble machine. Kids were following him like the Pied Piper. He was looking for the kid who popped the 'trivia bubble'. Then he would ask the kid a Disney question. If they got it right, they got a sticker or some other meaningless (to an adult) prize. Those kids were eating it up! Ty was not interested at all. He so like his Daddy... stay as far away from group activity as possible!!

We FINALLY heard the show making its way towards us.

Let the show begin! Warning... lots of pictures ahead. And I tried to take a bunch of the 'extra' performers, as I have a dear friend who is going to major in music theatre performance, and I have a feeling she'll be sporting some Disney costumes at SOME point in her future!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one was funny.. you can see how close we were to the action. Mr. Potato Head's eye turned completely around. Kinda like the exorcist... and kinda not...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thought this was such a cute outfit!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continued...

17. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

Tyson really enjoyed the BPB. We were glad we were in front of the Toy Story float, but felt kinda left out of Monsters,Inc and Bug's Life.. although they DID go by us on their way to the next 'stop'. We were very close, and Tyson even got to get in the show! Check it out:

[​IMG]

How 'bout that YMCA dance? I know, we've got work to do. But his 'Can't Touch This' dance was pretty darn good!

The worst part of his little performance? Ty could NOT stop talking about how mortified he was that he had to dance next to a kid with a BOSTON hat on!!:rotfl: Man, DH has him Yankee-fan-bound for sure!!

Okay.. we surely have waited enough...is it time yet?!?!
    :banana: YES!! RnRoller Coaster.. HERE WE COME!!

Our FP got us right up to the marble door:
    [​IMG]

Ty and Matt sat together, I rode with a single rider. I had a HORRIBLE time!!:sad2: After the take off, which is just incredible, I just got the TAR shaken out of me. It was soooooo bumpy. It rattled me around like an over-zealous baby on uppers!! My head was KILLING me:headache: But Ty... HE LOVED IT!!!:lovestruc
    [​IMG]

So. Our little man is now a coaster expert! :dance3:

And we... are FINALLY LEAVING DHS!!! :dance3:

Up next... two more episodes to go... a quick dip in the OKW pool, and an even quicker night at AK. How many times DID we ride EE?!!

And stay tuned for pics from our spontaneous getaway. We are leaving Sunday morning!!!!:cheer2:

18. IluvXU

IluvXU DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful trip!

19. WDWBetsy

WDWBetsy found her happily ever after!!!

Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about it. :wizard:

20. teruterubouzu

teruterubouzu DIS Veteran

Great update! Your son is so cute and the Boston reference was amusing!

On our first ride on RnR I opened my mouth to scream and no sound came out. I was just too freaked out! I really wish we would have bought that photo.

21. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! I'm hoping we will!!

I'll be mostly doing a picture exhibit on this TR. Hoping to get lots of cute ones!!

Ha! I laughed so hard when he said that! I guess DH's Yankee-blood flows stronger than I thought!!

And I agree about the take-off... I can't make a sound, either. I DO love that part. It's the rest I can do without!