SOOZE -A vacation with a toddler is NOT a vacation! FINISHED!!

Hello! Great pre-trip report. I remember reading your last one and having alot to relate to since I was going with my 7 month old to disney for the first time! By the way, I love the updated picture, everyone calls my daughter "pebbles" also because I tie back her bangs on the top of her head too!

I understand why you would want to bring a seat with you. This trip will be a bit more difficult than last when you probably held your DD in your lap on the plane like we did. However, I still wouldn't bring a car seat if I were you. I have to say that the main reason I am looking forward to returning to WDW in March when my DD will be about 22 months old is because it's the only place that I DONT have to worry about lugging around a car seat, they are so cumbersome! The great thing about WDW is the ME and the bus system and not HAVING to rent a car and drag car seats. I think your DD will be fine on the plane w/o a seat. If you do bring a seat, chances are she wont want to stay in it anyway! How mad would you be if you brought it and she screamed her way out of it? :headache:
Just thought I would give you another opinion. I will be reading along, can't wait to read about your trip!

We're going same time. Sept 1st thru 6th but we're staying at POR. I can't wait. I read the 1 month, 1 week and 1 day part and I was like OMG!!! I hadn't even thought about it that way. I just knew it was 39 days.

I think we're going to order from gardengrocer.com for some snacks and drinks for the room. We're going with another family and figured we could split the delivery fee( if we don't order enough for free delivery).

This will be my kids first time and mine and my DH 1st time as adults. I wonder if Space Mountain will be as captivating as it was for me as a child.

Portable DVD Player! Cool! We only have the car ones. On the flight to FL we don't have to worry much since we are flying JetBlue. It is the return that has me a tad bit concerned. I think I may ask my brother if I can borrow his for the return flight. DS would be MUCH more well behaved if he is watching a movie.

Hi there! I'm here to join in on the party!

Weighing in on the carseat! You can rent them from car rental places but if you have bought her a seat on the plane - bring your own. She won't be able to use the seat for take off or landing unless she is in a car seat. She'll also sit there better if she is in her familar seat!

Can't wait to read more!

Look what came in the mail yesterday.....

Saw this on the return address... Excitement building...

Summer07052.jpg

OH YEAH BABY!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Summer07053.jpg

I just wanted to start packing then and there... but still have over a month to go... sigh...;)

If anyone else is lurking around here... I'd still love to get more arguements for/against lugging the car seat onto the plane... thanks!!

Check out the ticker, folks. I've got to get going. I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I'm performing in a musical this summer and it's been tech week/opening weekend. I have not been home at all!! I'm playing Mayzie LaBird in Seussical, the Musical. It's such a FUN production based on the stories of Dr. Seuss. If you are bored, you can go to my MySpace profile and check out the video clip... it's blurry (small, cheap digital camera) but you can get a taste of the perfomance!!

http://www.myspace.com/sooze73

I'll be back soon. I have much to talk about and days to plan. See you soon!:banana:

HI!! We will be there at the same time.Your kids are adorable.I took my youngest when she was 18 mths and she was mesmerized by it all.:goodvibes

Can't really help about the carseat situation because we drive.:confused3

Headphone splitter!! I have to get that,I am glad I saw that because I had forgotten

looking forward to reading more.:surfweb:

HI!! We will be there at the same time.Your kids are adorable.I took my youngest when she was 18 mths and she was mesmerized by it all.:goodvibes

Headphone splitter!! I have to get that,I am glad I saw that because I had forgotten

We sure will be there around the same time! If you happen to pass us by, please say hello! I think you're going to be at CBR.. is that right? Welcome!

Okay.. here are some updates:

I did some Disney store outlet shopping today.. even tho my wireless internet connections STINKS!! I managed... here is what I looked like during most of my shopping:
07Disney007.jpg

I bought...
A new bathing suit for ME
2 beach towels (princess for DD, Meet the Robinsons for DS)
Matching t shirts for DH, DS, and Me (DD is still too small!)
New swim trunks for DS
Minnie Mouse tank for me

Total with tax and shipping $62 (They are running a $5 shipping for orders over $50 promotion right now)

I also created a countdown sheet for Ty. 25 days sounded like a good starting point:
07Disney002.jpg

07Disney003.jpg

07Disney004.jpg

I also found misting fans! I can't even remember where I was! Maybe WalMart. I just happened to glance at an aisle end-cap, and there they were! Blue for Ty, Pink for Shae. Here is Ty testing it out!
07Disney006.jpg

I'm wondering what the hurricane situation is. It has been soooo quiet this summer... it's almost lulling me into a sense of security that we won't have to deal with that this year. Last year, we drove through the tail-end of Ernesto but ended up having fabulous (and fabulously HOT) weather. Just hoping we have a quiet hurricane season!

I'm beginning to work on the weekly agenda. Here is my new issue. We have two close friends who will be staying at BWV at the exact same time as us! They have a 4 year old son. These were the people that got us into DVC!! We are planning on having a dinner with them (with an 18 month old, 4 yo and 7 yo!) Any advice on where to dine? They would also like to hit a park with us, and possibly hang out by the pool sometimes, too.

I do enjoy their company, I like them a lot! But I'm worried the trip will turn into a 'when can we get together with them?' deal instead of just being flexible and doing what we want.. we shall see:confused3

I'm going to go get more laundry done. :laundy: I go back to school tomorrow so I'm trying to cram in all of my chores...:sad2:

Later!!

We sure will be there around the same time! If you happen to pass us by, please say hello! I think you're going to be at CBR.. is that right? Welcome!
We are styaing at POP.:goodvibes

Okay.. here are some updates:

I did some Disney store outlet shopping today.. even tho my wireless internet connections STINKS!! I managed... here is what I looked like during most of my shopping:
07Disney007.jpg

I bought...
A new bathing suit for ME
2 beach towels (princess for DS, Meet the Robinsons for DS)
Matching t shirts for DH, DS, and Me (DS is still too small!)
New swim trunks for DS
Minnie Mouse tank for me

Total with tax and shipping $62 (They are running a $5 shipping for orders over $50 promotion right now)

I also created a countdown sheet for Ty. 25 days sounded like a good starting point:
07Disney002.jpg

07Disney003.jpg

07Disney004.jpg

I also found misting fans! I can't even remember where I was! Maybe WalMart. I just happened to glance at an aisle end-cap, and there they were! Blue for Ty, Pink for Shae. Here is Ty testing it out!
07Disney006.jpg

I'm wondering what the hurricane situation is. It has been soooo quiet this summer... it's almost lulling me into a sense of security that we won't have to deal with that this year. Last year, we drove through the tail-end of Ernesto but ended up having fabulous (and fabulously HOT) weather. Just hoping we have a quiet hurricane season!

I'm beginning to work on the weekly agenda. Here is my new issue. We have two close friends who will be staying at BWV at the exact same time as us! They have a 4 year old son. These were the people that got us into DVC!! We are planning on having a dinner with them (with an 18 month old, 4 yo and 7 yo!) Any advice on where to dine? They would also like to hit a park with us, and possibly hang out by the pool sometimes, too.

I do enjoy their company, I like them a lot! But I'm worried the trip will turn into a 'when can we get together with them?' deal instead of just being flexible and doing what we want.. we shall see:confused3

I'm going to go get more laundry done. :laundy: I go back to school tomorrow so I'm trying to cram in all of my chores...:sad2:

Later!!
I had the same problem with DD3.I got everyone matching shirts but she is too small also.:sad2:

I wouls suggest a character meal or maybe WWC-my kids had a blast there.
The countdown calendar(and Ty) are great!:thumbsup2

Yeah!!! Days away, you must be soooo excited. Love the countdown calendar, bet you all are so anxious. The video of Suessical is great, looks like fun but lots of hard work! Can't wait for more. Congrats on the purchases for the trip!
Lesley

Your picture reminds me of myself when its bathing suit shopping time:lmao:
Your countdown calender looks great!! keep us updated!

So close! I'm so happy for you & I want to go too. We may be going at christmastime. I hope I hope I hope. We need to sell our house 1st.
About meeting your friends- just remember to save some family time. Maybe your can work out a schedule with them early on of times to get together.
Chef Mickey's could be a good place for all of you to eat. The monorail goes right through the restaurant area. So cool.
Have fun & take lots of pictures so you can post them on your trip report. You are going to post one right?:goodvibes

Here's what the DH... YES... MATT!! Typed up for us. It's a rough outline of what we are going to do. When you have an 18 month old, you just can't get very specific. We want to have lots of flexibility in the schedule. Check it out and tell me what you think!

Our Labor Day Disney Trip 2007
…always subject to change

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 1:
Morning: Flight into Orlando … YEAH BABY   

Afternoon: Move into Boardwalk Villas – wait for luggage, smile all afternoon because we are finally here

Evening: EPCOT!!! Tyson will want to go to Mission Space, Test Track, and Soarin. Plus he loves going to Innoventions. It is a tradition to go to IllumiNations!

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 2:

Morning: Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours!!! Do some of the year events like Buzz Lightyear, pictures, Philharmagic, Peter Pan, and Space Mountain

Afternoon: Home to the Boardwalk for the afternoon thunderstorm as well as the pool

Evening: Back to Magic Kingdom for things we do not normally do … Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, Tom Sawyer Island, etc. We will see how Shaelyn is doing, we could stay for Wishes.

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 3:

Morning: We have reservations at O’hana Character Breakfast. We thought we might go to Animal Kingdom after breakfast: Expedition Everest, Finding Nemo show, the Dinosaur zone … we might do the Safari, or the Ants show depending on what Tyson wants to do.

Afternoon: Home to the Boardwalk for the afternoon thunderstorm as well as the pool

Evening: MGM!!! Things Tyson loves to do: Honey I Shrunk the Kids play zone, Lights, Motor, Action show (although we might miss it because it is at night), Susie talked about doing the Stars and Cars Parade, we could do the Star Tours ride. We will want to take Shaelyn to Playhouse Disney.

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 4:
Morning: EPCOT Extra Magic Hours!!! Anything Tyson would like to do … love to talk him into going and seeing The Voices of Liberty ;)

Afternoon: Home to the Boardwalk for the afternoon thunderstorm as well as the pool – Don’t forget HURRICANE HANNAHS!!!

Evening: EPCOT … Last night for Disney … Must see IllumiNations again!!!

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 5:
Morning: Depending on our pick up time from the bus, we might ask Tyson what he would like to do one more time.

Afternoon: Flight … Leaving Disney is never a good day 

Evening: Home and back to reality

2 weeks from today, I'll be in Disney World!! :banana: :banana: I just can't believe it. It's time to get the suitcases out and start filling them up!

I also need to confirm our grocery delivery. I ordered that so long ago, that I'm scared they'll forget about us!:eek:

So close! I'm so happy for you & I want to go too. We may be going at christmastime. I hope I hope I hope. We need to sell our house 1st.
About meeting your friends- just remember to save some family time. Maybe your can work out a schedule with them early on of times to get together.
Chef Mickey's could be a good place for all of you to eat. The monorail goes right through the restaurant area. So cool.
Have fun & take lots of pictures so you can post them on your trip report. You are going to post one right?:goodvibes

OF COURSE I'll be posting pics on a trip report. That's one of the ONLY reasons I'm not in complete depression when I get home.. because I know I get to share my trip with all of you!!

We still haven't confirmed anywhere to eat.. and with free dining going on, and we're only 14 days out, we might be running out of luck! I'm not too worried about it. I'll be fine if we can just hit Pizzafari together. I'm low maintenence.

We have done Chef Mickey's before, and will definitely be returning on a later trip. I love that place!

Thanks for the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter