Soooooooo happy I don't have to stress and worry about free dining!

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
Anyone else read all the frustrated posts about the free dining and feel SUPER HAPPY that we don't have to worry about that as DVC members?!!! Honestly, I was never much for FD anyway, but I would wait for the RO discounts and it was just as frustrating!

I love my DVC!

I wonder why people think FD is so much of a special. The price you pay for the room and tickets to get the FD, is not a great deal.
DW and I have always paid (planned) the same amount of monies per day as we did before DVC, even when we take a DGchild with us. On most of our trips we come home with unused cash.

Last edited:
I think the first time I was DVC Member and the free dining plan came out I was a bit bummed about it. After that it doesn't bother me at all. I get to stay at a Deluxe resort at the cost of a value. So it that way I most certainly win.

Me! We have done Free dining in the past before we were DVC members...crunched the numbers vs a room discount and at the time, FD did work for us. However, I am thrilled I don't have to worry about it anymore. No staring at the boards waiting for the announcement. No counting credits. No worries.

Free dining for us means larger crowds at WDW and restaurants that will be really busy working hard to turn tables.

:earsboy: Bill

We did FD once before we became DVC. It coincided with my bday and gave us an excuse for an extra trip to finally tour DVC. We bought in the month after that trip.
The way we dine, the DDP does not work for us. TiW has been amazing. Sadly, with the new price, I do not think it will work to our advantage unless I can make October 2017 trip happen before expiry.
*** now that I am thinking about it, TiW is 13 months, not 12. October 2017 WILL fall within its valid term! SQUEE! ***

Honestly, I was never much for FD anyway, but I would wait for the RO discounts and it was just as frustrating!
It was the stress of waiting for a room discount every time we wanted to go that made us decide that DVC was the way to go for us. Staying in a DVC room also makes it possible to have breakfast in the room which reduces our dining costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter