1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

sons gift

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by hailey girl, Jan 23, 2013.

1. hailey girl

hailey girl Earning My Ears

We are going on the EBTC in may and my son isn't coming.I have waited 17 years for him to get into sport such as football but to no avail until last year and he got into American football.He chose his team and follows it on the internet.I would like to bring him back a team jersey home for his present but we fly into houston the night before so was hoping someone could give me an idea of how far shops are from the airport and can you get any team shirt from sports shops.cheers guys for any help

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

I would just mail-order one. Even international postage would be less than cab fare, and you could order exactly what you want instead of hoping a Houston shop would have what you're looking for.

4. pyramid2000

pyramid2000 <font color=blue>Member of the DD Geek invasion of

Are you staying in Houston overnight? Are you flying into Orlando the next day? I looked up stores at the airport, but it seems the sports store on site only has Houston teams. Generally, sport stores in malls carry most if not all teams. Sorry, I don't know how far you would have to travel.

I do have an idea for you. If you are involved with the Dis meet group for your cruise you can ask someone if they would be willing to pick one up for you. Good luck!

5. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

What team? The Houston airport will have the Texas teams (Cowboys, Texans) and probably the Saints, and probably the team that wins the Superbowl. Other teams will be hit or miss, even if you find a sporting goods store nearby and especially if he wants a certain jersey (home or away) or player's name and number.

Yes, easier to mail order.

6. hailey girl

hailey girl Earning My Ears

Cheers for the replies guys.will have to keep my fingers crossed for Sunday then as his team is the ravens

7. Stasia5

Stasia5 Earning My Ears

My son is a Ravens fan. I bought both his jerseys online. He's still recovering from the news that Ray Lewis is retiring. ;)

8. Dizzyworld

Dizzyworld DIS Veteran

We feel the same way. It was a great ride and fun watching him get the team in game mode. Glad Lewis is getting to go to the Superbowl. Our son is a Raven's fan and had to watch the game with Patriot's fans (college buddies). He had to take a lot of ribbing last weekend.;)

9. SaraCat

SaraCat Earning My Ears

I agree! Have you joined the cruise meet for the EBTA? There are some really lovely helpful people that I am sure would help you out.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867582