Song fares dropped.......

alecam

DIS Veteran
Probably due to the opening of SW later dates. FYI, my flight went from $132 down to $107 in a matter of minutes.:tongue:

Thats from Bradley in CT.

I had noticed yesterday that the Song fares out of Boston had dropped, but from $107 to $104.50 each way, no biggie. With new JetBlue fares of $79 each way (a bit more than $170 r-t including taxes and fees) they don't seem all that competitive. But then again when you look at Song's available seating for flights around Veterans' Day, and they are running pretty full, so maybe they don't need to drop fares; maybe they are holding out for procrastinators then whacking them with full fares (whack!).

I'm waiting on Song for 10/28 - 11/1 or 11/2 and right now they are at 262.70/rt which I totally will not pay...I'm hoping they'll get to 176.50/rt which I've been seeing when SW does their rates.

Last time I paid over $200/rt was in April 99.

I know I'll get wacked with high fares for our April 05 vacation because it is school vacation week.

Originally posted by Wish Upon A Star
I know I'll get wacked with high fares for our April 05 vacation because it is school vacation week.

Wish--I thought for sure we were hosed for Feb of 05, but we did OK. Boston to Ft Meyers on the Weds before vacation starts, and then coming home the following Friday. $249 R/T non stop.

Here's what we did:

I figured out what the date was when we could purchase the outbound flight. It appears that Song rolls into their next day's availability between 1:30 and 3:00 am (I am guessing it's closer to 3, and they are on W. Coast time). DH gets up for work at 3:30 am, so he got up, and booked the one way. We were able to get in on the cheapest fares available.

The only downside to this, is that we literally have tickets bought 11 months in advance, but we're going!!!!

Well Debster, it looks like we are kindred spirits :hyper: on this subject. I am getting up early on the day n-330 to reserve the outbound leg of our flight next April, then 9 days later, do the same for the return leg. Of course we are looking to use SkyMiles to book our 4 tickets, and to book them on the first available day so we can get the tix that only cost us 25,000 miles each. I have found unless you book in the first day or two of availability, all the direct, non-stop flights dry up in the 25,000 bucket, and you're stuck with a shuttle flight to LGA, transfer to JFK for a flight to CVG then on to MCO; yeah right. Not Gonna Happen!

My parents are coming down with us but starting up at PWM, so will need to change planes anyway. They are also hoping to use their SkyMiles. We're hoping to be on the same Song flight down after they hop a puddle jumper from Portland to Boston. Otherwise, they'll probly simply fly first class for 45,000 SkyMiles each (hey if you can't fly with your Grandkids, might as well fly 1st class). D-Day for ressies is coming up in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

pumpkinboy--I learned this at the feet of the master (my mom) She is a retired school teacher, so the only time we vacationed was during school vacation week. She is so proud that some of it rubbed off. :D

I did up a quick Excel spreadsheet with my days, and then cofirmed them with Song to make sure I had them right. The only thing that surprised me was the 3am part of the puzzle, but I guess that's only fair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter