Son has GFCF Diet, should I upgrade to Deluxe?

hellokittiemama

Mouseketeer
We are going during free dining and trying to figure out if we should upgrade to deluxe or not.

Reason being.... that my son is on the gluten and casein free diet - no dairy and no wheat (gluten) and it looks like he will have the most options at Table Service restaurants vs Counter Service.

I was wondering if anyone had input on this?

Thanks!

I guess 2 things would play into your decision. First is your son a big eater? and is he fussy? I think the deluxe plan could be too much food and it may take too much time out of your day:)I would go with the regular dining plan and speak to the chef at your table service meals. I know they will do their best to prepare food for anyone that has a dietary concern. Good luck:)

I'd go over to the DisAbilities Board and ask what kind of CS meals are available for your son.

I had no problem sharing the chicken meal with my niece at 3 parks. She is lactose intollerant and could eat the chicken and fries (cucumber at S.S in Epcot).

The DisAbilities Board will be helpful to find out what food you can get at CS. The DxDP would take up a lot of park time.

I'm not sure about eating in WDW being CF, but we were there in February with a friend who is GF. He had no problems at all finding food to eat. We did both TS and CS meals. I had read about eating at TS restaurants so we were well prepared for that. The chefs come right out to the table and talk to you regarding the menu. At one restaurant, there wasn't much on the buffet that he could eat, so the chef whipped up a seafood pasta meal for him. At the CS restaurants, he told the order-takers that he is GF and they took his order separate from the rest of us and provided GF choices (such as rice rolls). At the end of the trip, my friend remarked to his wife that he hadn't eaten so much bread in a year! Good luck!

We are going during free dining and trying to figure out if we should upgrade to deluxe or not.

Reason being.... that my son is on the gluten and casein free diet - no dairy and no wheat (gluten) and it looks like he will have the most options at Table Service restaurants vs Counter Service.

I was wondering if anyone had input on this?

Thanks!

I don't think doing the Deluxe will necessarily take up a lot of your park time as suggested by other post. You can easily spend the same among of time at a CS place(ordering and finding available table) Of course, it will take a bit more planning at your end too.
On the other hand, if your basic free dining plan gives your family "adequate" among of food each day, I wouldn't spend the extra money to upgrade unless you are not happy with the offering of GF CS meals for your son.

Hi! I'm GF (but not CF) and I think it would depend mostly on how much variety your son would want to have. I eat at some CS restaurants for a quick bite (a burger on an Ener-G roll, some places have Amy's pizza, maybe a salad), but for dinner everyday I prefer TS.

I like being able to speak with a chef vs. a manager because the chefs are usually more creative and can alter most meals to give me a lot of options. But I do think I would be feeling very stuffed eating 2 TS meals a day. If I were doing the DP, I might consider going deluxe, but only because we eat at a lot of restaurants that require 2 credits (Citricos, Jiko, CG, etc.).

Hope that helps! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter