Somewhere to Buy a Cheap Umbrella Stroller?

DisneyCrocsRUS

Earning My Ears
I'm not familiar w/the Anaheim area & am really hoping we can get away without a stroller for our 2 yr old, however I'm thinking we may need one. I don't want to bring ours on the plane, and would rather just rent one of the Disney ones if we need it, or even just buy a cheapy $25 umbrella stroller once we land & just give it away at the end of our trip.

Just curious what the closest & most convenient place would be between the OC/Santa Ana airport & the DL resort to buy a stroller would be? Any Targets? BabiesRUS or TRUs?

TIA :)

Nearest Target is in Garden Grove. It's a couple of miles south of Disneyland:

12100 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92840
(714) 971-4826

If transportation is an issue, use the Anaheim Resort Transit to get to the Target for 3$/adult:

http://www.rideart.org/ART-Map.pdf

There's also a Big Lots Discount Store a couple of miles from the DLR on Katella (going West):

1670 West Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92802
(714) 534-6696

HTH!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a promotion where if you showed your Disney Visa, you would be able to use a stroller for free at Disneyland & California Adventure.

If you don't have a card, you might want to get it & save some money. :)

There is also a Toys R Us a mile or two south of DLR, on Harbor. They usually have those cheap umbrella strollers for $10-$20

Target is pretty close. We used our Disney Visa two weeks ago to get two free strollers per day at DL and DCA. Easy to take them back and forth from the parks. Great for 5 year old DD and DD's 4 year old cousin.

Oh yeah..forgot about the free stroller rental w/ Disney Visa. That's a great deal! :)

The only drawback to using the DLR strollers is that they can only be used within the Disneyland and California Adventure. If you want to take your child back to the hotel in the middle/end of the day (or go through DTD), you'll have to take him/her out of the stroller and walk with or carry them. Not a good thing if your child is sleepy, cranky and tired, plus having to carry a diaper bag and the other goodies you have on top of that.

Take your stroller! Or buy a cheapie one at home and take that! You WILL want it at the airport and can take it all the way to the gate and just "gate check" it for no extra charge. Even if your child doesn't want it right then and there, you can throw your carry on into it at the airport. With so many flights being delayed these days, you will not want to be stuck in the airport without one! Mine loved having it just to sit in going through the long security lines.

Good point! The stroller was loaded down when we were going to/from the airport, either with a child (and stuff in the basket) or luggage if the child was on foot. I was glad we brought one from home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter