Sometimes.....you just gotta stop & smell the Sharpie! Sept./Oct. 2015 at AKL ~ Updated 9/25 pg 10

The Jedi Training Academy has always been one of our favorite Disney memories. I'm glad Seth got to do it.

Dawn! Hi! I've just discovered your trip report and read it all in one go! I used to play a lot on the DISboards a few years back, and loved your trip reports then too. It's so nice to check back in and see how you, Ray and little Seth are going... Or not so little anymore now, wow! He's so grown up and sweet!

Sounds like a fantastic trip so far, except for poor Ray not feeling well. We have two little boys now (3 years and 9 months...) so I won't be going to WDW anytime soon, but I love reading all about your adventures and yummy dining experiences! Thank you for sharing!

Just found your TR yesterday but I am now all caught up! Really enjoying it and hope you are able to finish it. I loved writing mine and am glad they are on here but I know it's hard to keep up with them sometimes when life gets busy and then it might not seem like many are reading it. I remember when I was doing mine, I only got a couple of replies between updates but it always seemed like there were a lot of "Views" (those you can see when you are going into the TR from the actual TR page).

I remember reading your other TR's and I can't believe how big Seth is getting!! He really is a cute little guy.

So sorry Ray isn't feeling too great, hope he feels better soon.

I can't believe that Seth went on ToT! I have been on it once and that was enough! LOL :scared1::crazy2:

Well I signed AJ up for JTA but we got rained out! Definitely on the list for next year but I hate that I spent from 8:30-9:10 in line for something that was rained out.

We checked into T-Rex at 6 (yes we were late...a reoccurring theme this trip with Dad around) but I probably didn't check in on FB right when we got there....

Looks like a fun but semi-wet morning. I'm glad Seth liked so many rides. AJ just wasn't up for a lot this trip. Next year, I'll try again!

That really stinks!!! I'm so sorry. I hate that. If it makes you feel any better we got rained out (more like monsooned out) our last night but I'll get to that later!

Seth is such a weirdo and I think it's most kids - he loved the rides when he was there and then when we got home he told me he didn't want to ride this and he didn't want to ride that. I was freaking out a little bit b/c I'm like "why even take him back??" But then I talked to Erica and she said Will is the same way and then he gets there and he's fine. So you just never know! I bet AJ will be fine next trip.

Sounds like the advice to go to parks when it rains worked for you! Looks like you're speeding thru the rides! Seth is really brave :yay:

Read above....haha! He's brave most of the time. ;) Yes, it was great....low crowds and just a little drizzle!

Glad you made it back in time for Jedi Training! It looks like he really enjoyed it and you got some great photopass pictures! All the running back and forth between parks stressed me out just reading it, but I'm sure the smile on Seth's face made it worth it! I'm so impressed that he was brave enough to try Haunted Mansion! Looking forward to your next update!

It was stressful at times but that was really the only day that that happened. It was that stupid late time for JTA. If we do it again, we will drive to the park, leave at like 8am and guarantee an earlier time! And yes, he loved the Haunted Mansion.....still talks about it!

The Jedi Training Academy has always been one of our favorite Disney memories. I'm glad Seth got to do it.

It was so fun! Even with all the running around I was happy he got to do it and we all enjoyed it.

Dawn! Hi! I've just discovered your trip report and read it all in one go! I used to play a lot on the DISboards a few years back, and loved your trip reports then too. It's so nice to check back in and see how you, Ray and little Seth are going... Or not so little anymore now, wow! He's so grown up and sweet!

Sounds like a fantastic trip so far, except for poor Ray not feeling well. We have two little boys now (3 years and 9 months...) so I won't be going to WDW anytime soon, but I love reading all about your adventures and yummy dining experiences! Thank you for sharing!

Oh my gosh....long time no see! Hi! Congrats on your family! Last time I "saw" you, I believe you were a newlywed? So glad you found me. :)

I know I am late but just found your report, but I am now caught up . I look forward to the rest of your report.

Hi! So glad you're reading...it's nice to see you here! Thanks!!!

Just found your TR yesterday but I am now all caught up! Really enjoying it and hope you are able to finish it. I loved writing mine and am glad they are on here but I know it's hard to keep up with them sometimes when life gets busy and then it might not seem like many are reading it. I remember when I was doing mine, I only got a couple of replies between updates but it always seemed like there were a lot of "Views" (those you can see when you are going into the TR from the actual TR page).

I remember reading your other TR's and I can't believe how big Seth is getting!! He really is a cute little guy.

So sorry Ray isn't feeling too great, hope he feels better soon.

I can't believe that Seth went on ToT! I have been on it once and that was enough! LOL :scared1::crazy2:

Never looked at the number of views before but I just did and wow....crazy how many people look and don't comment! Thanks so much for reading. Yes, Seth is growing up WAY too fast. He'll be 6 in just 2 months. Makes me wanna cry but I love seeing him grow and become a little person!

More coming soon....promise!

That really stinks!!! I'm so sorry. I hate that. If it makes you feel any better we got rained out (more like monsooned out) our last night but I'll get to that later!

Seth is such a weirdo and I think it's most kids - he loved the rides when he was there and then when we got home he told me he didn't want to ride this and he didn't want to ride that. I was freaking out a little bit b/c I'm like "why even take him back??" But then I talked to Erica and she said Will is the same way and then he gets there and he's fine. So you just never know! I bet AJ will be fine next trip.
Yeh, I knew it was a chance so I didn't get too upset about it. I had wondered if AJ would actually go through with it and he seemed okay that he didn't get to do it. I was more upset we missed Fantasmic!

Yeh, I'm sure as he gets older, he'll try more things and in a few years Will will be tall enough and he's definitely my daredevil!

Yeh, I knew it was a chance so I didn't get too upset about it. I had wondered if AJ would actually go through with it and he seemed okay that he didn't get to do it. I was more upset we missed Fantasmic!

Yeh, I'm sure as he gets older, he'll try more things and in a few years Will will be tall enough and he's definitely my daredevil!

I'll just say I feel your pain with Fantasmic!

Time for another update! But before I get to that, I have to share this. Seth did a theater bootcamp the first 2 weeks of June and had a blast! Rising kindergartners are the youngest age that can participate, so the little ones had very small parts. But they were adorable! These kids work their tails off for 2 weeks and put on a full stage production at the end. This year they did Cinderella, and my little guy was a mouse! Cathy, the studio owner, had the girls in Minnie-like tutus, so she put Seth (he was the only little mouse that was a boy - there were other boys in the play that were older) in red shorts so he'd be kinda Mickey-like. :earboy2:

These pics are from dress rehearsal because they don't allow pictures or video during the actual performance.

This is when the mice come in - through the fireplace! And they all said, "Cinderelly!" as they came in. It was cute.

This is Cinderella singing to the mice.

I have to share this one. One of my best friends, Jen, is the theater teacher at this studio. And her oldest, Evey, who is 13, was a stepsister in the play. Both stepsisters were HILARIOUS and they did a wonderful job! Evey is the blonde with the Marge Simpson-like hair. :rotfl:

This was the finale....

They took this one just before they went on stage for the actual show....so cute!

And this was after the show. He was so proud!

Okay, sorry to divert from the TR. But Cinderella is Disney, so it's Disney related....right? :rolleyes1

Back to the TR!

When I last left you we had just finished Splash Mountain. We had a lunch ADR at Be Our Guest and I was so excited for it! I didn't get to eat here last trip so this was a first for all of us. On the way over it started drizzling again and we were already wet from Splash Mountain, and Seth said he was cold, so Ray gave him his hoodie to wear instead of a wet poncho. The rain kept the crowds away but was still very annoying to deal with!

Here we are!

Wonderful theming.

I had pre-ordered so we skipped this room. I highly recommend pre-ordering!

When we were checking in the lady was confirming our order. There was a slight hiccup with my french onion soup. I wanted to try it since I had heard good things and I wanted to use a snack credit for it. For whatever reason this threw the system for a loop so she had to re-input everything but it took no time at all.

I knew where I wanted to sit but we stopped in the ballroom to look at everything.....it was so very pretty!

To the West Wing we headed! I knew I wanted to sit in there before I even entered the restaurant. So dark and spooky! Plus I'm always a fan of the villains so this was so me!

Seth checking out the enchanted rose.

We sat right under this picture.

And I waited to catch it change into this during the lightening storm!

It's a little blurry but that's because it happens fast!

Our food came in no time. I got the braised pork....

It was REALLY good. Great value for a quick service credit! Everything about it was delicious. I also got french onion soup which was wonderful too.

Ray got the carved prime chuck roast beef sandwich and fries....

He said it was good but had to ask for more horseradish sour cream.

Seth got a grilled cheese, fries and tomato soup. He didn't eat the soup. Wish they'd let you sub this out for yogurt or something but since we subbed the green beans for fries we couldn't. He had already eaten some when I took this picture.

My picky boy actually ate this! Not every bite but more than I was expecting. Something besides chicken tenders at Disney...yay!

For dessert I got the Master's cupcake. I'm not a huge chocolate fan but I wanted to try the grey stuff!

The grey stuff was okay....it was icing! What do you say about that? Not anything spectacular but not bad either.

Ray got the strawberry cream cheese cupcake and it was so good! Wish I had gotten that and I will next time.

Continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/threads/so...updated-6-8-pg-6.3491817/page-7#post-55989636

We were stuffed but it was so good! I will definitely be back for lunch.

On the way out I took some more pictures of the ball room.

We then headed over to the rose room (or whatever it's called) just to take a look. Was pretty but I still prefer the West Wing!

This mosaic was so pretty on the way out!

After lunch it was time for our 2nd fastpass....a coveted meet and greet with Anna & Elsa! :cold: Seth isn't a huge Frozen fan (thank goodness- I'm not either) but he does like the movie and since I was up at midnight to get FP+ anyway, I figured why not? I knew if he wanted to meet them no way was I standing in a long line to do it! Ray sat this one out - actually he went to get another LeFou's brew while we went into Princess Fairytale Hall. I think he was starting to feel better, although not fully himself yet.

In we went to meet those ever-popular girls!

First was Anna.

I don't remember what they were talking about but apparently they had alot to say!

Here are the photopass pics.

Mom got in the picture too!

This storybook was on a stand between the two....thought it was cool.

Next was Queen Elsa herself....I think Seth was a bit starstruck. Like I said, he's not Frozen-crazy like some kids but he does love the music. I listen to the Wicked soundtrack sometimes and he always tells me he likes the songs that Elsa sings - most probably know this but Idina Menzel is the voice for both Elsa in Frozen and played Elphaba in Wicked in the original Broadway production. :goodvibes

And here are the photopass pictures....

Well, that was fun. I'm still baffled by all the fuss but whatever. :cool:

Next update.....Space Mountain time....will he or won't he?? popcorn::

Last edited:
Great update!

I thought BOG was just okay but the Strawberry cupcake was the bomb! I am thinking a PPO ADR for breakfast next June but I'd do lunch again, if I had to, just for the cupcake and the theming. Even though we preordered we still had to go to the order room so they could verify our order. We just had a separate (not so long) line but it still took forever! I exchanged Dad's drink for a soup because he always drinks water and that caused issues as well. Oh and someone seated us. I asked about the West Wing and she said it was full. I probably could've pushed it but I didn't. Maybe for next trip. It wasn't too dark in there to see to eat, was it?

My boys loved meeting Olaf this trip so we watched Frozen when we got home. AJ has previously refused but this time he watched the whole entire thing. The only part he doesn't like is when their parents get killed, which is a recurring theme with him (and totally understandable). He doesn't like Lion King because of Mufasa getting killed, etc, etc. Anyway, I wonder if he will want to meet them next trip. No FP now, though I've heard the waits aren't too bad with three "doors", so I guess we will wait and see.

Looking forward to more!

I loved the BOG pictures especially the food pictures. I was not impressed with the grey stuff either, like you said it was just iceing and I am not a iceing fan most of the time. The pork looks good I might need to try it next time. Also thanks for the west wing and the Rose room pictures. We have been guest of the Beast two times, but both times have eaten in the Grand Ball room.

Fun updates!

The pics of Seth at his Theater camp were cute! Looked like everyone had a good time.

The BOG lunch looked good. We did dinner on our last trip and we really enjoyed it. I was torn between the Braised Pork and the shrimp and scallops (that they only have at dinner) that is no longer in a puff pastry shell apparently. I ended up with the shrimp/scallops but next time I will definitely like to try that pork, it does look yummy in your pics.

I like that strawberry cupcake too.

Cute pics with Anna and Elsa!

BOG :love: One of our most favorite TS restaurants! Although we prefer dinner :) And the West Wing is my favorite room to sit in. I agree the grey stuff isn't "all that", however the Master's cupcake is MUCH better than the grey stuff brownie bar thing they serve at dinner. But that strawberry cupcake - Oh yeah ::yes::

I haven't been in Princess Fairytale Hall since A&E moved in but I don't remember ever noticing that Snow White book in German which is really cool!

Great update!

I thought BOG was just okay but the Strawberry cupcake was the bomb! I am thinking a PPO ADR for breakfast next June but I'd do lunch again, if I had to, just for the cupcake and the theming. Even though we preordered we still had to go to the order room so they could verify our order. We just had a separate (not so long) line but it still took forever! I exchanged Dad's drink for a soup because he always drinks water and that caused issues as well. Oh and someone seated us. I asked about the West Wing and she said it was full. I probably could've pushed it but I didn't. Maybe for next trip. It wasn't too dark in there to see to eat, was it?

My boys loved meeting Olaf this trip so we watched Frozen when we got home. AJ has previously refused but this time he watched the whole entire thing. The only part he doesn't like is when their parents get killed, which is a recurring theme with him (and totally understandable). He doesn't like Lion King because of Mufasa getting killed, etc, etc. Anyway, I wonder if he will want to meet them next trip. No FP now, though I've heard the waits aren't too bad with three "doors", so I guess we will wait and see.

Looking forward to more!

Maybe they made you go through the order room b/c of the difference in time of year? That's the only thing I can think of. I'm sure it was probably way busier when you were there as compared to late September. Probably same reason for the host/hostess seating you. We just found a table on our own. It was dim in the West Wing but those pictures were taken without flash. So it was fine to see your food and everything. I loved it!

Yeah, I've heard waits have gone way down for them. Which is great! So no need to burn a FP just to meet them which is nice. I def wouldn't have done so if the wait for them was not bad. But at that time it was over an hour always, and I just wasn't gonna do that. And we had plenty of FPs to spare at MK since we went there so often, so it worked out.

I loved the BOG pictures especially the food pictures. I was not impressed with the grey stuff either, like you said it was just iceing and I am not a iceing fan most of the time. The pork looks good I might need to try it next time. Also thanks for the west wing and the Rose room pictures. We have been guest of the Beast two times, but both times have eaten in the Grand Ball room.

The pork was excellent! I'd definitely recommend it. Great value for a QS meal too!

Fun updates!

The pics of Seth at his Theater camp were cute! Looked like everyone had a good time.

The BOG lunch looked good. We did dinner on our last trip and we really enjoyed it. I was torn between the Braised Pork and the shrimp and scallops (that they only have at dinner) that is no longer in a puff pastry shell apparently. I ended up with the shrimp/scallops but next time I will definitely like to try that pork, it does look yummy in your pics.

I like that strawberry cupcake too.

Cute pics with Anna and Elsa!

The pork was really good and I'd have it again! I may try the quiche next time I go for lunch but it will be hard not to order the pork again.

BOG :love: One of our most favorite TS restaurants! Although we prefer dinner :) And the West Wing is my favorite room to sit in. I agree the grey stuff isn't "all that", however the Master's cupcake is MUCH better than the grey stuff brownie bar thing they serve at dinner. But that strawberry cupcake - Oh yeah ::yes::

I haven't been in Princess Fairytale Hall since A&E moved in but I don't remember ever noticing that Snow White book in German which is really cool!

Yeah, I haven't heard good things about that brownie. So weird b/c everything else there is so yummy! I think I'd like dinner too but I knew Seth and Ray didn't really care about eating there, so I figured using at QS credit there was the best thing for us.

View attachment 177816
OK, I'm good. Now back to Disney! LOLOL

:rotfl2: That's great! Feel free to post HP references any time. I'm totally good with it. Trust me.

Time for another update! Date/time check - we are on Day 4 at Magic Kingdom and it's around 12:30pm. :thumbsup2

So last I left you, we had just met those Frozen girls. I called Ray when we were done and told him to meet us under the Castle. While we were waiting Seth made a couple of friends. One thing I can brag on with my little guy....he makes friends wherever he goes. He will talk to anyone and everyone. It's good but in some ways scary too. I just hope he always has a kind heart like he does now. :love:

Once we met up with Ray (who had just downed another LeFou's Brew) we headed for Tomorrowland. Seth had seen the Speedway when we were on the Peoplemover a couple days before and was dying to drive a car! On the way he wanted to see where Pooh Bear lived (we didn't ride b/c the wait was too long....why is the wait always so long for this ride? I wouldn't wait more than 15 minutes for it! :confused3 )

There was a small wait for the Speedway but nothing major. Seth drove while his daddy was willing to put his life in danger :rotfl: as his passenger. I had my own car.

Getting ready to drive! :drive:

Stay clear of Number 84!!!! :lmao:

Ray took some video. The thing that cracks me up the most is when Ray starts yelling....hilarious! :laughing:

Video 1 - click to play.

View My Video

Video 2 - click to play.

View My Video

You can see the look of complete concentration on his little face.

After we survived Seth's first driving experience, our FPs for the next attraction weren't quite ready yet, so we decided to go for a ride on the Mad Tea Party. Ray sat this one out. He didn't think it wise to spin round and round while having a queasy stomach and low grade fever. Probably a smart move.

Ready to spin!

Here we go!

Ray and I both took videos. Here's Ray's from afar....

(Click to play.)

View My Video

And here's mine.

(Click to play.)

View My Video

So fun! And I love that smile. :goodvibes

By this time it was around 1:15 and time to use our next FP.....SPACE MOUNTAIN!!! :woohoo: Space Mountain holds a special place in my heart because it was my first "real" rollercoaster back in 1983 during my first WDW visit. I was 7 years old and scared out of my head. But I loved it! And I was hoping Seth would too. But I gotta admit, as a mom I was super nervous since he couldn't sit next to me. I think I was more nervous than he was....in fact I know I was!

Measuring to be sure....he's good to go!

Checkin' it out....

I knew he was a bit nervous so I told him he was gonna be like Miles from Tomorrowland and fly through space. He seemed to think that was pretty cool and I think it helped a bit. I told Ray I'd sit in front and Ray could sit behind and we could both hold on to him - me his legs and Ray holding his shoulders. So we had a plan.

Here's our photopass picture....a/k/a evidence that my husband didn't follow the plan!!!!

By the way, no idea what good my arm on Seth's leg did. I think it was more for my security than his. :rolleyes1

As you can tell from the picture, Seth was totally fine. He liked it! We were so proud of him for trying it that we let him pick out a toy in the gift shop. He chose a Miles from Tomorrowland play set that he still plays with to this day!

After our ride through space it was time for a restroom break and a snack.

At this point it was around 2:00, and we had to be back in Adventureland by 2:15. So we decided to take a train ride to give our legs a break.

Very uncrowded MK gates!

And that is where I leave you, my friends! Next up......argh!!!!!!!!!! pirate:pirate:pirate:

Last edited:
Maybe they made you go through the order room b/c of the difference in time of year? That's the only thing I can think of. I'm sure it was probably way busier when you were there as compared to late September. Probably same reason for the host/hostess seating you. We just found a table on our own. It was dim in the West Wing but those pictures were taken without flash. So it was fine to see your food and everything. I loved it!

Yeah, I've heard waits have gone way down for them. Which is great! So no need to burn a FP just to meet them which is nice. I def wouldn't have done so if the wait for them was not bad. But at that time it was over an hour always, and I just wasn't gonna do that. And we had plenty of FPs to spare at MK since we went there so often, so it worked out.
Yeh, I've heard there are different procedures all the time. We just waited quite a bit of time and I had heard how pre-ordering sVed so much time but it really didn't for us. I was thinking PPO ADR next trip but apparently they don't have the strawberry cupcakes at breakfast so I'll probably just do lunch again. I'll just order something else and maybe we'll get into the West Wing.

Yeh, I think in MK the FP was definitely worth it, even necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter