Something weird you hate doing?

Washing my hair. It gets very dry if I wash it daily, so I'm an every other day kind of girl. But I HATE hair day. When my hair is wet I feel so cold for so long. Even after I've dried it! Weird, I know.

Add me to the group that doesn't like massages. And forget a manicure or pedicure. I had my finger nails done for my wedding, and that will be the only time in my life I had that done. And I just had them painted. No one touches my cuticles.

I also don't like walking around without a child with me or a grocery cart in front of me. I have 5 children ages 12 and under (and am almost due with #6). As a SAHM, I practically never go anywhere without at least one of them. When I walk around by myself, I feel like I'm completely exposed. I keep checking my clothes to make sure my skirt isn't tucked into my underwear or something. I can kind of, sort of tolerate shopping with a friend so that I'm not completely alone, but I'd rather have a baby in my arms or in a stroller (the friend can come, too--I'm not antisocial). I guess I feel like people will focus on my cute kids instead of me if I have them with me.

I hate answering the door when we order out for delivery. I have this weird thing about it. I'll run into the kitchen and make DH do it. If he's not home I do it and it's no big deal. I don't even understand it.

I think many of us are related:
1. I dont like touching raw meat (I use zip locks to mix meat loaf & I have a whole system using tongs & kitchen shears to cut meat)
2. Not much of a phone talker, but love texting
3. I will put off showers on days off until last minute & then happy I did it
4. I hate the water that comes out of ketchup/mustard bottles so I shake it good & squirt it in the sink before I use it
5. The thought of having a mani/pedi grosses me out thinking the tools have been used on others even though they're supposed to be cleaned, saw a 20/20 testing equipment & it was not clean

New ones:
1. I hate folding socks
2. I hate cutting up hunks of meat (think stuff on the grill, steak, chicken, pork chops) so my DH cuts it up when he brings it in from the grill
3. I hate putting new TP on the roll as that spring always jumps out, but I hate it when it's not on there

I hate to buy anything that is essential at the store, other than food! LOL

Examples are: envelopes, paper for printer, towels, sheets, cleaning supplies, etch......things like this that you don't buy on a regular basis.

I hate changing the paper towels/toilet paper on the roll. I don't know why.
I hate getting my oil changed. I put it off longer than I should.
I'm not a fan of the phone. I have to use it too much at work so recreational use is minimal.
I get absolutely sick if I have to touch foam rubber. Oh dear... got the willies just thinking about it. So trips to the dry cleaner are HORRIBLE for me. That foam on the hangers.. ugh, ugh, ugh. Those egg crate things you used to be able to buy and put on your mattress? I had nightmares about those.
Emptying the dishwasher. I'm fine to load it all day long. Not sure why the reverse is so horrible but it is.

also hate talking on the phone!
hate chopping onions...my eyes water IMMEDIATELY. you can usually find me wearing sunglasses if I have to do the onion
leaving my house after getting home from work (mainly during the winter). I just want to come home, put my pjs on, do whatever has to be done at home and then relax. Once im home...im home, or at least I WANT to be home. doesn't always work out that way

I hate getting my hair done.

Me too!! I haven't gotten a haircut in about 1.5 years and I really need it, but I am putting it off because I just don't like the whole aspect of it. I don't like being pampered like that, I don't want to make small talk with the hairdresser, and it can be expensive. I used to have a hairdresser that I went to consistently but she has priced me out. I think the small (fake) talk is the thing that annoys me most. I just want to get in and get out. I think I'm going to bite the bullet this weekend and just stop by a Cost Cutters for a trim.

I also have to add that I received a gift card to get a massage a year ago and haven't used it. I've never gotten a massage and I'm hesitant to go because I don't want to make small talk. I realize this sounds ridiculous.

I hate feeding my cat.
I love her DEARLY but she is SO ANNOYING! She knocks half of it out of my hand before I get the cup to her bowl. I find myself sneaking around to feed her... Quietly opening the bag so that she doesn't hear it crinkle. She runs my life.

Hate the phone too. I will write a million e-mails, texts or other messages though.

Can't stand to light a match - refuse to do it!

Me too!! I haven't gotten a haircut in about 1.5 years and I really need it, but I am putting it off because I just don't like the whole aspect of it. I don't like being pampered like that, I don't want to make small talk with the hairdresser, and it can be expensive. I used to have a hairdresser that I went to consistently but she has priced me out. I think the small (fake) talk is the thing that annoys me most. I just want to get in and get out. I think I'm going to bite the bullet this weekend and just stop by a Cost Cutters for a trim.

I also have to add that I received a gift card to get a massage a year ago and haven't used it. I've never gotten a massage and I'm hesitant to go because I don't want to make small talk. I realize this sounds ridiculous.

Husband bought me a massage gift card once, too, and I'm not comfortable letting strangers touch me, so I was a little sad and thought I wouldn't use it at all, but I found out that the place also had a salon, so I could "trade" for other services of equal value and get a haircut, color, and style instead - less uncomfortable for me, and the money didn't go to waste. :)

Getting massage and manicures and pedicures.

I hate getting my hair done.

I'm with you on these. I'm kind of a "don't touch me" kind of person.... and the thought of a total stranger touching my feet and toes...>>EWWWWWWWWW! And for heaven sake's DO NOT expect me to touch someone else's feet or toes.....>> DOUBLE EWWWW!! I have a niece who loves giving mani-pedis..... I just don't understand it. You couldn't PAY ME ENOUGH to touch the feet of strangers (or even loved one's for that matter!). And I have hair issues.... which is probably why my hair is currently approaching my waistband. And I trim my bangs myself..............P

I hate talking on the phone - even to friends and family. I make my husband do all the calling whenever possible.

Now text, I can do all day.:)

This is me too. I absolutely dread making phone calls. It stresses me out and makes my blood pressure rise. And the longer I put it off the worse it gets.

Filling daily/weekly medication holders
Making labels (for work)
Putting new toilet paper on the holder
Emptying the dishwasher
Especially......hand washing anything that can't go in the dishwasher. That crap sits on the counter forever until I get the energy to wash it. Hate it! Hate it! Hate it!!!!!

Making phone calls stresses me out, I have no earthly idea why. :confused3 Glad to see I'm not the only one. :laughing:
Another weird quirk...I refuse to hand out Halloween candy. The constant doorbell ringing, having to open the door over and over in the dark for people in costumes just squicks me out. :hyper2::clown: Ever since we've been married, DH knows he is on candy duty and if he can't be here, the bowl goes on the front porch with a sign. :magnify::tiptoe: Another "I have no earthly idea why" thing. My Mom has told me that even as a kid I never liked Halloween. What kid doesn't like Halloween? :confused3

Washing my hair....thank goodness I don't do daily!
Getting massages
Making "business" calls
Changing light bulbs
and I really hate going grocery shopping; DH loves to go so I usually give him my list. :)

I hate feeding my cat.
I love her DEARLY but she is SO ANNOYING! She knocks half of it out of my hand before I get the cup to her bowl. I find myself sneaking around to feed her... Quietly opening the bag so that she doesn't hear it crinkle. She runs my life.

Oh my! I should have read the other threads before I posted my things. I was going to write that I hate feeding my cats but I thought everyone would go through the roof!! So glad to know someone else doesn't like to. Love my cats just hate feeding them!! :teeth:

I don't mind washing the clothes, or folding the clothes, but I hate putting clothes away with a passion. I gave the job to my DH to do (I traded for cat box cleaning) because I was sick and tired of seeing clean folded clothes left out week after week. Oddly, I don't have this problem with DD2's clothes. I guess maybe I like looking at her cute little outfits or something.

Filling daily/weekly medication holders
Making labels (for work)
Putting new toilet paper on the holder
Emptying the dishwasher
Especially......hand washing anything that can't go in the dishwasher. That crap sits on the counter forever until I get the energy to wash it. Hate it! Hate it! Hate it!!!!!

OMG, my counter right now is covered with stuff that can't go in the dishwasher. There really isn't that much of it, but since I never do, it's getting a little mountain-like. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter