Something new happening? Or routine maintenance...

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by NedsTJ, Dec 18, 2012.

1. NedsTJ

NedsTJ Only 5.67E+06 feet from MK!

Happened to look across the lake last week as the monorail was pulling into the Magic kingdom station, and noticed what appeared to be site work occuring on that spit of land between the water bridge and the TTC. Maybe they were just clearing brush, I couldn't tell. Maybe it's part of a new walkway to the TTC? LOL!
    Talking about this area:
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KYMickey

KYMickey Adding EARS to Kentucky!

There've been a lot of rumors about a new resort in the area and but nothing recently. Rumors were the ground with too soft to build anything but I'm sure there's a solution if enough money is when available.

4. verygrumpydwarf

verygrumpydwarf Earning My Ears

I'm sure they will explore that idea :cool1:

5. Maleficent53

Maleficent53 Have fun storming the castle...

We noticed that they were doing similar work clearing brush in that area about a year ago. We asked one of the boat CMs and he said he thought it was to allow better line of sight for boats. Seemed logical at the time.......

6. WDWChloe

WDWChloe WDW Annual Passholder

That would be a perfect location for a new MK resort! Especially to view wishes! :)

We'll see...

7. csharpwv

csharpwv DIS Veteran

Who thinks that the area may be future addition of a Polynesian DVC property!? :rotfl:

8. beer dave

beer dave Master of the obvious

I think that will be to the left of the Poly. The area in question is too large and too far away. As far as too soft--- nothing is too soft to jet in pylings.

9. daber

daber DIS Veteran

Wasn't that the proposed site for the Venice themed resort back in the 70's?
    Maybe that old idea has finally resurfaced!

10. pilferk

pilferk <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Extra deep and extra wide. :)

Seriously, they were able to overcome similar issues (with watershed, with water table, and with "soft" acreage) with the BLT building. They've got some experience, now, with doing this type of thing. It may have been more of a problem 20 years ago...but with new construction techniques...it's not really as much of an issue, now.

11. pilferk

pilferk <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Roughly.

I think it's too early to say whether it's that idea, another, or any idea at all. It's physically possible....but theme/purpose/etc is anyone's guess at this point

12. Maleficent53

Maleficent53 Have fun storming the castle...

Every time we ride the bus into MK I wonder why they don't do something with the open space to the left of the bus area. (between Contemporary and the lake) It seems to have lovely white sand beach... Perhaps this space would be utilized with development in the area indicated on the map?

13. Polydweller

Polydweller DIS Veteran

They've been thinning the undergrowth around Seven Seas Lagoon for a while now. In October they were working on the island near GF removing trees and scrub. Really made it look very nice. A couple of months earlier they did the same on the central island. This is just maintenance not a build.

14. dizfan

dizfan DIS Veteran

They were flying sight balloons for a couple months.
    I forget if it was last year or earlier this year.

The height of the ones we saw, would be for at least a 5 story building.

15. arthuruscg

arthuruscg DIS Veteran

I head from the bus driver it is going to be the dock for the DVC cruise ship.

16. beer dave

beer dave Master of the obvious

yes and he said it would be star wars themed.

17. disneyworld1977

disneyworld1977 Mouseketeer

Someone in Mousekeeping said that it was going to be the new Star Wars themed resort and she is transferring over there as soon as its opened. She said she is wanting to be in the Death Star building.

18. jcnewtonIU

jcnewtonIU Earning My Ears

If that were true, Disney can take all of my money....I can't even imagine how cool that would be!

19. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Not very
    :littleangel: :flower3:

20. lilsk8nmac

lilsk8nmac Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

They were doing this back in August when we were there.

21. zulemara

zulemara <font color=royalblue>Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!<br

just a hunch here, but rumors have popped up again about a FW DVC add-on coming in the old river country area. When they added the DVC wing and had to fill in some of the beach front for construction, they removed land behind Shipwreck Island(the one by WL) to counter the land which had been added. The idea is they had to keep the same amount of lake footage.

Perhaps this is their removal to counter adding more land for DVC at FW. I have absolutely no basis for this idea other than I know the FW DVC rumors are popping up again.