Something About Nothing ... #12

MrsBluer.........glad you are on the mend........you`ll be up and about in no time........:crutches:

Janet......I would be worse than useless if I saw a snake......can`t abide them......wonder if they've checked Hogwarts......lol......It is cold here today.....no mistake!!! Heating on and I have a sweatshirt on.......even DS said he was feeling it a bit.....he`s never cold!!! Enjoy that heat you`re having........:beach:

Pulled pork and wedges for dinner tonight.........will make it spicy.......DH did ask me earlier when he called did we have any cornbread........had to tell him no.......he was disappointed, so may have to make another batch tomorrow.........Love when they ask for more of that.......::yes::

Afternoon all...:wave:
It's another hot day in My neck of the woods in Florida. One of our air conditioning units that controls the one wing of our house went down. Major hit to the wallet. They are here replacing it.

Glad all are in healing mode for upcoming trip to Florida sending a little happy magic for continue healing. pixiedust:

Any place you have a body of water in Florida you will eventually get a gator. Canadian neighbor across the way was fishing last year and one bit his line. He brought it up out of the water. He called the trappers and it was not large enough to kill so they removed it and put it somewhere else.

Had a wild baby pig run across the backyard 3 years ago. View from my family room.
image.jpg

Not a fan of snakes either. Near the glades before the back to back hurricanes in 2004 their was a very large breeder of boa's and Python's. According to the story he had these snakes in a very large building like a airplane hanger. This structure was destroyed during the hurricane and these snakes were loosed. Which is one reason there is such a problem with those snakes which are not indigenous to Florida.

My older sister has a home in what is known as Lake Nona in Orlando. She has Yorkies and her husband let them out to go to the bathroom and he heard some yelping and went out to find a very large black snake coiled around one of the dogs. He grabbed the snakes head and was able to rescue the dog. The snakes bit him a few times on the hand and the leg. It was not poisonous. Sam the Yorkie made a good recovery with a slight limp.

The community they live in is across from a conservation area.

Last edited:

robo - beautiful picture, scary stories, makes me think the snow & cold isn't such a bad thing up north lol

Afternoon all...:wave:
It's another hot day in My neck of the woods in Florida. One of our air conditioning units that controls the one wing of our house went down. Major hit to the wallet. They are here replacing it.

Glad all are in healing mode for upcoming trip to Florida sending a little happy magic for continue healing. pixiedust:

Any place you have a body of water in Florida you will eventually get a gator. Canadian neighbor across the way was fishing last year and one bit his line. He brought it up out of the water. He called the trappers and it was not large enough to kill so they removed it and put it somewhere else.

Had a wild baby pig run across the backyard 3 years ago. View from my family room.
View attachment 121367

Looks like the lake by our house. Which county are you located in?

i like the yellow dude that appreciates why is is a good thing to be fat.

morning all!

nothing is worse than snow and cold..

oh, idk, a few things come to mind

marci lol

who has exciting weekend plans? i'm laying low, trying to escape the fuss of having a cook out on labor day. bad mum hehe

Morning Mac and Schumi...:wave2:

Love the Minions.

Went out for a bike ride this morning before it starts to heat up. Sun is shinning :sunny: Think I will try to swim today.

Bluer we live in Indian River County (Vero Beach). Hope Mrs Bluer is doing well..

Keisha hope your feeling better..:)

LOL there is a price to pay for living in paradise..I think the chance of seeing a gator or snake is slim. :laughing: Now that I said that I will see one today.

Getting a chance to go to the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute on Wednesday for a tour and lecture. They have been closed since the two back to back hurricanes in 2004. They are going to start having these tours again on Wednesdays through December. Will give a report of the tour for those who might be down this way sometime.

Have a great Friday. :flower1:

Last edited:
Keisha......my plans for this weekend are zilch!!!

Was planning to go to a wine tasting with dinner tomorrow night........but it`s been cancelled......well, postponed to mid November. It`s an overnight thing in a country hotel as it`s our wedding anniversary tomorrow, so first we knew was when our accommodation costs were refunded yesterday.......shame, it`s a lovely place and we were looking forward to it. Will just have our own personal wine tasting...........your plans sound just fine to me.......you`re still recovering.......aren't you.........:D

DH suggested bringing down suitcases from attic?????? Why????? I pack the morning we leave for overnight at airport.........but I have to admit being tempted to get them down earlier this year..........:rolleyes1

Freezing this morning with wind and rain now it`s quite nice, but so cold!!!

Oooh, we broke the heat wave, only sticky 88 degrees today. Not to fear though, we return to the heat wave tomorrow, back into the 90s with sticky humidity. Rinse, repeat. LOL.

Cookout is the only thing on the agenda, with a swim or two in the 80 degree pool.

Hope all have a good Friday, and a great week-end!

Happy Anniversary to Schumi and DH.

Hope all have no snow, cold, snakes,nor other critter today.

I love the minions! You guys make me smile reading all these posts.
Hope everyone has a great 3 day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter