Something About Nothing ... #12

th
Yeah, after my XL week-end. Big cup of tea this morning. Hello sun, such a bright start this morning!

Robo good luck with the colonoscopy. Had one a couple years ago and you will be fine. The hardest part was the prep. Will be thinking about you.
Doing better today. Walking with my boot is getting better. :thumbsup2

Robo, hope all went well with your colonoscopy. Good thoughts your way.

Mrs. Bluer, glad you are feeling better and getting used to using the boot. Take it easy getting back to work.

Gina, hope the car is fixed and you get your car back. I hate being without a car. Had to borrow my DH"s big truck when mine was in the shop. Not fun. I wanted "my" car back. DS thinks it's going to be his soon. Ummm, with him graduating next year, a new car is not on my radar any time soon.

Hope Schumi has had a good day so far.

Out to enjoy the sunshine, so hope all are having a good day, and enjoying the weather!

Good Morning!

I'm passing the longest work day ever by re-reading TRs. Some of them are so good (I'm talking to you, schumi and Gina :D), they deserve multiple visits! If there are other greatest hits I should read, please point me in that direction :)

I'm hoping everyone recovers, feels better, has transportation, and feels the mummy dust appearing at all the best times!

Maria :upsidedow

Thanks for the welcome guys:wave2:
Survived Monday. procrastinating on cleaning out chicken coop-in process of deworming them (didn't even know chickens could get worms?!) Thought that was a nice lead-in/after thought with the colonoscopy talk :scared1: Hope things went ok-agree that prep was worst part.

Worming chickens? Ok, that's a new one for me too, Monykalyn. My neighbor has 7 chickens that they treat like pets. Sometimes I hear them when I am just awake. Getting used to hearing them though, as they are now over a year old. How many do you have?

Robo, hope you are resting easy now.

Mac, need another coffee? So nice here, we had ice cream and fruit in celebration of August birthdays. Now I'm cold, with the AC, so the hot tea is coming soon. :coffee: and to think Christmas is only 4 months away now. :santa:

Worfie, always fun to see what others report after their vacation. I like reading some of the trip reports too. Some of the pictures are so awesome. Hope your work day speeds along, and you're done soon.

Fast dinner and off to soccer practice again. Mom's days are never done. pixiedust:

robo :eek:

hope mrs bluer's foot behaved for his 1st day back to the grind.

re the market - if I hear one more person crow it's a buying opportunity, I may do murder:bitelip:

is this week going slow or is it me?

Interview went ok, hopefully. But when I got back to my friend's house, the temp job I have at home called and told me the contractor cancelled my contract. So now I have no job to go home to. Thankfully, I flew Southwest and changed my flight to Saturday, so I'm gonna stay out here for a bit as a mini vacation.

Sorry to hear about your temp job Robbie :hug:...maybe it's a sign you need to stay there and you're gonna get that new job :thumbsup2

Enjoy your mini vacation and worry about the rest later...these things have a way of working themselves out.

@Lynn G
Yeah worming chickens is a first for me too-we've only had them a little over a year; we just have 3 hens but they are definitely pets. And smart. We have one of those seen-on-TV magnetic screen doors for the dog to go in and out when weather is nice-2 of the chickens have also figured out how to go through it-I swear one has bionic hearing as to when the deck door is opened-not 60 seconds later she has hopped up the stairs and is helping herself to the dog's bowl. Our sweet old Lab just lets the chicks do whatever they want.

After a summer of not really doing much menu planning or cooking (and bonus of clearing out freezer and pantry but con of having a big grocery bill to fill it back up) I am back to cooking more again. Asian lettuce wraps tonight-got to use peppers and onions from garden though:)

@tink1957 is that your husky in your avatar?? If so, he/she is gorgeous :-)

@Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina my hubby is originally from Markham

@RAPstar that really sucks about your current job :guilty: ... keeping my fingers crossed you hear good news from your interview

Thank you everyone for your condolences ... it is still surreal not having my Mom here any longer. With Dawnie (our shepherd) we were sort of expecting it as she was almost 14, but we still miss her to bits :lovestruc

growing up we had chickens we raised.
but, they were for food.

to this day, chicken is my least favorite food type.

bonlee, i see the same avator that tink has in other posters.

Worfie......thanks for the lovely comments about trip report.....glad you like it......:-)

Robbie/Andy.......sorry about the job......maybe something better just around the corner........

MonyK........I always think I should plan meals........I never do though........I guess I`ll never be a planner..........

Meeting my friend for lunch and an afternoon of catching up today. Don`t usually get to see her from May till we come back from Orlando as she is out in Spain in her villa for the summer.....but she`s home early this year so we catching up today......I`m very organised....it`s her birthday end of September and I have her gift and card ready for today......she is the first of my closest friends to hit the big 50........it`s getting closer.........::yes::

HeHe Schumi, great minion today! Enjoy your visit with your friend.

MonyK, that's funny about the chickens. I get lucky, my neighbor gives us eggs sometimes. The chickens are a South American breed, and quite large now, and the egg shells are a light pink, green, or yellow.

RAPStar, sorry to hear about your temp job. Hopeful you find a job soon. Enjoy the mini vacation.

Mac, my Dad also had food chickens. I guess that's why he, too, was not very fond of chicken for dinner.

I can't believe I am seeing winter jackets and other winter clothes in stores already. Halloween candy too.

hey, i resemble that remark!

i could eat chicken every day, matter of fact we usually do since it's blank slate for creativity. Left over fried chicken today - anytime i can skip cooking a day is a good one.That said, had a neighbor with big hen house who was grandfathered in from zoning once they started subdiving the farms for new housing. Lost count of how many ways i dreamt of cooking his rooster.

andy - make hay while that tampa sun shines!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!