Someone please tell us where to eat!

dmmcdoug

Earning My Ears
Myself, DH, DD 13, DD9, and DS4 will be visiting the world in May and will have the DDP. I'm constantly second guessing my ADRs, especially for Epcot and DHS. Can I get suggestions for 1 TS credit places?

Regarding Epcot, we've been to Akershus (DH was not impressed) and Morocco's TS (I forget the name). We want to try something new. So far for this trip, I've booked Le Cellier, then cancelled it and booked Via Napoli, then cancelled that and now we have Teppan Edo. I can't make up my mind!:scratchin

Also, we've been to SciFi and 50s at DHS. I liked 50s, but DH was, again, not impressed. Currently, I have an ADR at the character lunch at H&V. Help! :confused3

Coral Reef is my absolute favorite in Epcot its soooo good! Also dd7 and dd4 love it we go every time. HS hmmm Mama Melrose is very tasty and Sci Fi my girls love. Good luck, but any choice will work your in Disney what could possibly turn out so bad

Rose & Crown at 7:30ish is unforgettable if you're fortunate enough to get an outside seat for the fireworks. Food is pretty good as well!

Rose & Crown at 7:30ish is unforgettable if you're fortunate enough to get an outside seat for the fireworks. Food is pretty good as well!

The number of patio tables is limited and they are the luck of the draw. They no longer allow you to request one and wait for it. You have to take the first table available for you or you loose your ADR. However, their private patio for Illuminations viewing is very nice.
We like Rose & Crown, Via Napoli and Teppan Edo.
I think you should keep Teppan Edo and try it. The food is very good and the chef entertains while you eat. The tables do sit 8, so if your party is smaller you will be seated with another party, if that matters to you. We have met some very nice people that way
Enjoy

Teppan Edo is good, but no different at all than your local hibachi steakhouse and with virtually zero atmosphere worth remembering. If still available, I would probably suggest switching back to Via Napoli. There is some neat atmosphere in there with the open kitchen and huge ovens, and I love the food. Pizza is solid...DD10 got some sort of chicken pasta that was awesome...and the pistachio gelato ranks up there as one of my personal favorite desserts in all of WDW.

Les Chefs de France is also a favorite of our family, and it's fun to meet tiny Remy the rat who gets pushed around on the cheese cart during lunch.

We also love Le Cellier, but at two TS credits and the increasing lunch prices, they are pricing themselves out of the lunch market.

I would like to throw Biergarten into the ring. I love the food and the atmosphere. It is a buffet so it if you leave hungry, it is your own fault. They also have such an assortment that I can't imagine someone not finding anything that they liked. The schitzel is very good, as is the spatzel. I also really like the meatballs and the sausages. They rotate their soups but when we were there, they had this wonderful beer cheese soup that was just as good as the one you get at Le Cellier. That, coupled with the limitless pretzel bread was worth the trip along. The apple strudel is a thin slice of heaven and I fully believe that St. Peter stands at the entrance of Heaven with a slice of their Bavarian cheesecake for each person as they enter the pearly gates. The staff has always been a lot of fun when we have gone. They are sweet and funny and do an excellent job of explaining exactly what is on the menu and making recommendations for beer or wine, if you are interested in alcohol with your meal. Oh, and if you are interested in alcohol, they have an amazing Riesling here that reintroduced me to my love of white wine. You also have the option of a liter of beer. Where else can you get that? As if the food, drink, and staff are not enough, they have a band that plays and you are encouraged to get up and dance. Don't know how to polka? No problem! Most people are just out there doing their own thing and having a marvelous time! This can be great entertainment for your little ones. Biergarten is one of my favorite places to dine and I would recommend it to anyone, especially those with children.

I would suggest eating at San Angel Inn. That is always our first meal in Epcot. We have eaten there several times and I have to say that the food has gotten better since we originally started eating there. The atmosphere is amazing!!! We just love it in there!!

If you like Italian, then I would try to get back into Via Napoli. We have really enjoyed our meals there. If you can't get into there, I would suggest just walking into Tutto Gusto. You can have a nice glass of wine or beer and even order off of the Tutto Italia menu. We stopped in there in August and absolutely loved it. It has a great atmosphere and the food was delicious that we ordered from Tutto Italia.

Via Napoli is one of my favorites in WS. Le Cellier has really good soup and steaks but we haven't been able to get a reservation in the last few years and I hear it has gone downhill.

If you want a really nice meal walk (5 minutes) out of the WS gate and over to the Yacht club and have dinner at Yachtsman steakhouse

you might want to try Biergarten in germany. great atmosphere, buffett, & entertainment. i've heard a lot of good things about H & V. you can ride the boat taxi from HS down to beach club and eat @ Cape May, they have a great buffett, and @ the yacht club is Yactsmen Steakhouse but it takes 2 TS. there are so many good restaurants in disney!!

I love San angel inn definitely don't miss this one, plus it's always fun to ride through the attraction afterwards

We like Teppan Edo, but I'd suggest La Hacienda in Mexio or Chefs de France. We LOVE chefs! I believe both are one table credit, but I don't do the dining plan so I'm not sure. We also enjoyed Via Napoli (although we found it to be quite loud in there!

In the Studios, our fav is the HBD but I think that's 2 TS credits. We tried Mama Melrose last time...it was okay (typical chain Italian in our opinion.) The service was not great, but I liked the atmosphere. If it was purely up to me, I'd go there again over PTC or Sci-fi or H&V and I couldn't go to HBD.

Biergarten - You have to have a stomach for German food...its not the normal sausage you will be used to in the US..its authentic for sure, but many people in my large party struggled to find something to eat. Atmosphere is really great though. If you dont like White Sausage or rolls as hard as a rock, watch out...

Teppan Edo - Food was pretty good, atmosphere was good as well with the chef twirlling around..however, if you have more than 8 you will be broken up as they dont accomidate more than 8 at one table. Also, if you have babys in strollers or sleeping good luck...the tables are so smashed together they wont fit and we couldnt find a place to put them.

San Angel - One of our favorites and the mexican food is pretty good.

Via Napoli - Best Pizza in Disney and other italian food is good.

Rose and Crown - Good food and good Atmosphere.

I'm anxious to hear which restaurant you decide on.

But seriously, Biergarten is the way to go. ;)

I'm pretty sure every restaurant at Epcot was recommended! :rotfl2:

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone. I forgot to mention I had eaten at Biergarten a while back. My dad is German, so we went to German restaurants a lot growing up. :)

I switched back to Via Napoli (for now :rotfl:), and I've kept H&V at DHS. I think I might just throw a dart at a map of Epcot and see where it lands ;)

Another vote for Biergarten. Also H&V is food is not great at all, but if your kids are really into those characters then it's ok. Sci-Fi would be my vote for HS.

I agree, H&V isn't really good at all. The characters are fun for small children but other than that I would not recommend it. I would recommend Coral Reef. Really awesome atmosphere for people of all ages and the food is really good!

You really can't go wrong with anything in Epcot-- depending on you and your party's preferences on food.

In DHS I love 50's Prime Time- the food is nothing crazy, soups sandwiches, and "homestyle" cooking- but it is a fun experience! And the desserts/Milkshakes are great :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter