Someone please make my mind up!!

Sunset_Princess

Mouseketeer
so we have the option of booking one of the all star resorts Aug 29th till sept 12 for me, dh and dd3. We missed out on ddp which isn't the end of the world as my daughter eats the smallest amount so a whole plan for her wouldn't have been the biggest waste as she will just eat some of ours. So we will just be paying oop which again is fine as we always over eat and feel crap and so will definitely be more restained with our food this year.

We are all so desperate to go and my dd keeps asking to go and see Ariel and Mickey again and I will happily give her the world.

Or, we wait for the free dd offer for 2018 and book for either April or sept 2018 in a moderate hotel with free dd and just more for our money.

That's just so so long away! Life's too short. Anything could have happened by then!!

My head tells me be sensible. My heart tells me, look how happy going this year would make us all!!

Neither me or my DH can decide!!

Hm it's a hard one.
How about taking your dd's age into account. Do you think the extra year could make a difference to her enjoyment and the memories she retains?
I also know free dining is getting harder to get yearly so I wouldn't rest too much on the assumption of getting that!

That probably didn't help, but maybe it's food for thought :)

We took her last June when she was nearly 2 and she absolutely loves it and still remembers.

Thinking about it now, we couldn't go next sept 2018 as she will be starting school!!

Why is free dining getting harder to get?

I think you already know the answer-
Give yourselves and dd the world this year & then return when she's a bigger girl with fd in the future when maybe she'll eat more (if it still exists then!!) and be able to go on more rides.

I would do the math on everything and see which comes out cheaper. Free dining requires an undiscounted, rack-rate room reservation, so from the start a moderate room during free dining will likely be significantly more expensive than a discounted value room outside of free dining. Your OOP dining staying at the All Stars may end up being less than the potential difference in room rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter