Somebody's Gonna Pee in a Cup, West Coast - Link to new TR 1/21

We had PLENTY of time.

Sometimes that is a bad omen...

You’ve got to be kidding me.

I wished you were...

Alice is an interesting dark ride. Disneyland has several dark rides and a few of them can’t be found at WDW. This is one of them. We didn’t try to take any pictures so consider that a gift if you’ve never been. Now it will be a complete surprise! But it is a fun ride. It is a 2 story track that takes you through Alice’s story. A well done ride and I’m glad we finally got to experience it!

After Alice, we decided to go check out the Storybook Land Canal Boats.

DL has some uniques that I'm really glad you did!!! These 2 are quite possibly my very favorite childhood faves. Except for Toad's and Snow White.

Nice morning so far!!! Even with IaSW!

Curiouser and curiouser.
::yes::

Home… where it was still only 7pm.
Rope Drop would be much easier for those of us on this side traveling to the Left side.
Just trying to imagine how much harder it would be for the pacific folks to get moving that early at WDW.
Home... let's see, at home, when I went to bed at 9pm CA time it would have been midnight at home.

And yeah, much easier for someone from the eastern side of the country to make RD in California than vice versa.

“Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.”
This was the other consideration for chapter title. Considering the clarity of the directions I had.

“No time to say "Hello, Goodbye". / I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.”
Well, I certainly didn't want to miss my Unbirthday party.

“I'm afraid I can't explain myself sir, because I'm not myself, you know.”
Well, I can't put it any more clearly, sir, for it isn't clear to me.

Never mind all that! Get to the part where I lose my temper.”
Sentence first. Verdict afterwards.

“Off with their heads!”
Best line of the entire movie.

It sounds like I'm exaggerating, but I'm not so sure. I'd like to get the Mythbusters to test my theory and see how fast he can get from the rope to PP. :rotfl2:

Ok…
That’s just completely nutty.

According to the commercials I keep seeing, Californians are supposed to be really laid back…
compleat opposites to the East Coast folk. I’ve spent time in NYC and have never seen anything like that. I’d have said it was an aberration, if it weren’t for the CM’s resignation in dealing with the situation.
It definitely seemed like an inside joke that I wasn't in on. As far as crowd control goes, I noticed that quite a bit. While at WDW, they do a very good job of keeping walkways open and keeping them moving during parades and fireworks, etc, and they do a good job of maintaining order during RD. It seemed that out west, the CM's trying to do these things were largely ignored and they pretty much just gave a half hearted effort when people blew them off.

Well, you see…
Oh, I see. Unfortunately. :sad2:

Oh, alright. Suit yourself.
Don't mind if I do!

“Yes. You can always take more than nothing.”
The Mad Hatter... one of Walt's most entertaining characters.

Much better than Tim Burton/Johnny Depp's version.

What, No bad jokes or horrendous puns?
Oh, wait… wrong boat ride.

Carry on.
That could certainly make it a more entertaining ride. :scratchin

Well, that’s not quit what I had in mind when I said carry on
But it is a boat... :rolleyes1

Hummm…
Wonder if that’s only true during the holidays.
I believe that is the case...

A pretty low hurdle to clear, to be sure.

Actually, y’all accomplished a good bit that morning.
And now you’ve had lunch, taken a bit of a break, have passes for a DL exclusive ride in your pocket…

This afternoon may well be a very good one indeed.
Not too bad. We got through 3 of the key rides that we wanted to do since they always seem to have 20+ minute waits. But we still had a lot left that was yet to be done and we knew we only had a day and a half left at this point! :scared:

Hey Andy! Just caught up on your last few updates. I think I'd heard that story about Walt's apartment somewhere but didn't realize it was true. Thanks for sharing the picture. Very cool
Well, thank @Captain_Oblivious for letting me borrow it since I never even thought to get a picture of it. But I think that is one of my favorite stories about Disneyland and I love the fact that they keep the light on in his memory so that he always has that presence in the park.

It's interesting to see a lot of the differences and similarities between the two parks. I'm glad you posted the picture of the castle with the peak next to it so you could see the perspective. Aside from the size it also looks kind of disjointed to me, like it's two different castles. :confused3
They're definitely very similar in a lot of ways, yet very much different. It's odd. It all feels familiar, but just a little bit off. The castle probably looks that way because it seems to have more horizontal area while Cinderella castle has more vertical area, if that makes sense. You can actually walk through the Disneyland castle and see dioramas outlining Sleeping Beauty's story.

I guess there are some benefits to not having much space - less walking saves time.
Definitely true!

Love the baseball picture. My son is 9 and he still plays in the dirt in the infield. Happy birthday to your daughter!
Thanks! The boys had a lot of fun. Even if they weren't playing. We had a practice Tuesday evening and set up a little scrimmage. We're still working on getting one of them to run to the next base instead of trying to field the ball. :rotfl:

It was definitely weird to see part of IASW outside. I do like the idea of there being characters throughout the ride.
It struck me as odd, but that is really the best illustration of it. Even on a ride that is indoors, it loads outside. Pretty much everything, even if it loads indoors, is an open air loading area.

Sometimes that is a bad omen...
But not in this case... :thumbsup2

I wished you were...
So do I... :sad2:

DL has some uniques that I'm really glad you did!!! These 2 are quite possibly my very favorite childhood faves. Except for Toad's and Snow White.

Nice morning so far!!! Even with IaSW!
I definitely wanted to make sure we did the unique to DL rides. And of course visit some old favorites from long ago. :rolleyes1

And so it begins...

20150429_175523.jpg

20150429_175532.jpg

A view from my seat for the next few weeks. It wasn't a full bore evening last night. I just worked about 80 acres and was done before it got dark. I'd put some new LED lights on the tractor a few weeks ago so I did stay out long enough to let it get dark so that I could aim the lights and get everything all set and ready to go. It was really just a chance to make sure everything's working and ready to go once we really get after it. The planter wasn't quite ready to roll, so nothing has been planted yet. Dad had some issues trying to get it going yesterday and we had to send our seed rate monitor off to get recalibrated. Thankfully, the dealer has an extra one that we can use in the meantime and they should be able to get it running today.

What's your air quality like when it's dusty like that?
Rag tied over your mouth or good cabin filters? Or??

What's your air quality like when it's dusty like that?
Rag tied over your mouth or good cabin filters? Or??
Not bad at all. I'm in the cab, with the AC blowing and the radio on. There's an air filter for the cab.

It really isn't as bad as it looks. The cultivator stirs up quite a bit of dust as it is working up the soil. It gets all over the tractor and cultivator, but it typically settles quickly once you stop moving. If you just wait a few seconds before stepping out of the cab it is almost always clear.

AC. Your dad probably did without in his day.
Probably when he was a kid. :confused3 They've had AC in tractors since the days they started putting cabs on them. :rotfl2:

This tractor is a 1981 model and the AC is nice and cold. Aside from a couple of utility tractors without cabs, all of our tractors have had it as far back as I can remember.

And frankly, back when it was smaller tractors without cabs, you weren't pulling equipment near this big either. A simple 10' disk or cultivator doesn't make near as much dust as a 30" cultivator/disk combo machine.

A neighbor and good friend is a full time (young!) farmer. He also happens to be a flight instructor for a missions agency that trains bush pilots. He is super tech savvy and just posted a pic of his gps assisted system for planting. Wheat just went in and he was boasting that the seed/ kernels went in with precision down to the last 1/4 inch. He loves his job- his cab has a tv monitor for watching movies, stereo system and of course A/C and filtration systems. I think it's IH (red) and each year he lets Anara combine some rows of clover seed as a field trip (pun intended).

Anyway, we're well familiar with the loooooong days/nights with farming and understand the extremely tough seasonal schedule. Hang in there and get enough sleep to be safe driving home from the day job, Andy!! And bless you for what you do. We need more good, honest, butt-busting farmers like you. Thanks for raising our food!!

That family that laughed about running to Peter Pan?

Yeah, they made Usain Bolt look like a slug.

The CM made a half hearted effort to yell at them, but I’m pretty sure they were already in the queue by the time he could utter the first sound.
:rotfl:

We walked as fast as we could. I sent DW and the kids to the line while I quickly parked the stroller and caught up with them. But even though we were there, right at the rope when the park opened, we ended up waiting 20 minutes to ride Peter Pan.
:earseek: Yikes! I can't imagine being in that chaos!

It has been too long and I don’t remember the song exactly (maybe that’s why I liked it so much), but they blend, I think, Jingle Bells and maybe another Christmas song in with IASW making a new soundtrack for the ride. It is less repetitive and therefore not as ear wormy as IASW typically is. It was quite enjoyable.
Sounds like an addition DH would approve of! :rotfl:

I'm going to start asking stupid questions now ...
I vaguely know what a tractor is (and not just from when Lightning McQueen and Mater go tractor tipping). But I'm a city girl, so when you say planter, I think of a rectangular box outside the window with assorted small plants. So what exactly is a planter and what is the purpose of each vehicle in the farming process?
Also - I'm guessing the seed rate monitor monitors the rate at which seeds are planted (probably by the planter?) - am I close to right on that one?
(I really know nothing about farming other than that some of my food grows in the ground and then eventually makes its way to me ... so this is going to be very educational for me)

Sorry about RSR. At least the kids enjoyed luigi's. It is nice that you can walk from one park to the next. I can't believe the craziness of rd and the fact that you still had wait 20 minutes. Still sounds like you had a great morni and got a lot of rides in. I like Alice in wonderland too. It's a different take on a dark ride and one of the vivid memories I have of DL from my childhood.

And so it begins....good luck.
Thank you!

A neighbor and good friend is a full time (young!) farmer. He also happens to be a flight instructor for a missions agency that trains bush pilots. He is super tech savvy and just posted a pic of his gps assisted system for planting. Wheat just went in and he was boasting that the seed/ kernels went in with precision down to the last 1/4 inch. He loves his job- his cab has a tv monitor for watching movies, stereo system and of course A/C and filtration systems. I think it's IH (red) and each year he lets Anara combine some rows of clover seed as a field trip (pun intended).
::yes:: There is a lot of technology involved these days. We've got Autosteer and all that stuff in the planter tractor. Well, minus the monitor for movies. Who has time for that? :eek: It keeps you busy enough just watching the seeding monitors and making sure everything's working. It really is impressive what we can do with all the technology and how precise seed placement is.

But... we're having massive headaches with our planter tractor this spring. With all the monitors, sensors, electronics, etc. you're kind of at their mercy. Our seeding rate monitor wasn't working, and needed recalibrated, so we couldn't do anything for a day. This is the kind of thing you really can't even test until you get to the field and start trying to plant. They brought us a loaner monitor to borrow, but we're having trouble setting it up. Basically, we should have been planting for about 2 days now, but have nothing in the ground because we're having trouble with the technology. Oh.... and the autosteer/GPS on the tractor is screwing up on us too. About 10 or 12 years ago, there was just a monitor that just told you if you were planting or not. It didn't monitor how closely the seeds were placed or every minute detail, but it beeped if something screwed up and seeds weren't dropping. If there was a problem with the monitor, you either ignored the beep or unplugged it and drove on. Now... well, we've been down 2 days because of problems with technology and a new software/monitor system that is just a year old. I'm starting to question the return on investment we see on a lot of these tools. They're handy and they help when they work, and they do actually make us more efficient in seeding rate and placement. But as for showing a return to the bottom line? I'm not convinced yet.

I'm the one on our farm who has a smartphone. I've got GPS and satellite maps that I can access from anywhere. I can pull up rain charts showing what each field has received. I do basically all of our tech and computer related work.

And I'm also the one saying some of this stuff is a waste of money and threatening to rip the @(*$ things out of the tractor.

Anyway, we're well familiar with the loooooong days/nights with farming and understand the extremely tough seasonal schedule. Hang in there and get enough sleep to be safe driving home from the day job, Andy!! And bless you for what you do. We need more good, honest, butt-busting farmers like you. Thanks for raising our food!!
I appreciate the... um... appreciation!

Funny... and sad, but true.

:earseek: Yikes! I can't imagine being in that chaos!
It was nuts. I just couldn't believe it!

Sounds like an addition DH would approve of! :rotfl:
I know I liked it!

I'm going to start asking stupid questions now ...
I vaguely know what a tractor is (and not just from when Lightning McQueen and Mater go tractor tipping). But I'm a city girl, so when you say planter, I think of a rectangular box outside the window with assorted small plants. So what exactly is a planter and what is the purpose of each vehicle in the farming process?
Also - I'm guessing the seed rate monitor monitors the rate at which seeds are planted (probably by the planter?) - am I close to right on that one?
(I really know nothing about farming other than that some of my food grows in the ground and then eventually makes its way to me ... so this is going to be very educational for me)
The tractor I was driving was pulling a cultivator. The purpose is to till the soil and leave a loose, smooth seed bed to plant on. It is also the oldest, biggest, and lowest technology machine we use in the spring.

I'll try to get some pictures later, but the planter has tanks on it that you put the seed into and it uses a vacuum system to pull the seed from the central tanks to each of the 16 rows to drop the seeds into the ground. For corn, the planter has 16 rows spaced 30" apart. Each row has a disk that slices open a seed trench, the seed then drops down a tube into the trench where it is pushed down by a plastic arm called a seed firmer, to keep it from bouncing out. Then there are 2 wheels at the back of the row unit that run at an angle to push soil back into the seed trench and cover the seed.

And the monitor I mentioned, it sits in the cab of the tractor. It basically ties into a sensor on each row and records the seeding rate to ensure that we're getting the placement that we want. It also has the capability to record that data to a GPS map so that if we change seed varieties or population in a field, we can come back in the fall and see exactly where those changes were made and see what, if any, difference it made.

And the population is the seeding rate (seeds per acre). It depends on the variety we plant, but we're typically planting somewhere between 30,000 and 35,000 seeds/acre.

It's so cool that you live on a farm!
I definitely enjoy it. I wouldn't want it any other way. But it is also why I will likely never see F&G, F&W, or MVMCP at Disney World.:rotfl2:

Sorry about RSR. At least the kids enjoyed luigi's. It is nice that you can walk from one park to the next.
It worked out just fine. I mean, what else were we going to do for another hour anyway? I just wish that they would have let us know RSR was closed before we walked all the way there.

I can't believe the craziness of rd and the fact that you still had wait 20 minutes. Still sounds like you had a great morni and got a lot of rides in. I like Alice in wonderland too. It's a different take on a dark ride and one of the vivid memories I have of DL from my childhood.
I thought it was just crazy that we were right there and still had to wait so long! I mean, I was good with not being the first in line, but I really expected to be closer to the front! We did end up having a great morning though!

How About This Weather, Huh? It Never Rains!

Had some free time this morning, so...

As we were sitting in Toontown finishing our lunch, we saw a duck near our table. But this one was bigger than most, and the kids really wanted to go so see it. So we threw our trash away and headed over to investigate.

20150115_125704.jpg
We then took a few minutes to walk through some of the businesses in Toontown and check out some of the fun sight gags. I was too focused on keeping track of where the kids were, so unfortunately, no pictures. But the kids had fun with it and it is well themed. I love the new additions to Fantasyland, but I do miss having a Toontown at WDW. Granted, I never visited it after the early 90’s, but now that we have kids, it kind of stinks not having it there.

We made our way on back into Toontown and considered going to Minnie’s house, but there was a pretty long line waiting to get in. We headed on to Mickey’s house and walked right through and soon got to meet the Mouse, himself.

54919380029.jpg

We checked out Chip & Dale’s tree house

And then we considered doing the Gadget Go Coaster, but the posted 30 minute wait convinced us to quickly distract the kids so we wouldn’t have to wait in that line.

Look kids, Donald’s boat!!!

We saw Goofy hanging out in front of his house and went to say hi. DD had been doing fine with the characters, but I guess because Goofy was so tall, she must have been intimidated. She refused to get near him without being held.

By the time we’d made our circuit through Toontown, it was time to use our FP for Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin.

I loved Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Seriously, one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. I loved the sight gags that they used to have in MGM Studios back in the day that have slowly dissipated over the years. So I was really looking forward to riding this ride. It is basically a dark ride, but you ride in cars that have a wheel in the middle so that you can spin them as you go around, similar to the way the teacups work. A fun idea and a fun ride!

We were done with Toontown at that point, so we thought we’d go on over to Tomorrowland. We knew that the Nemo subs can tend to have long waits, as can Autopia, so we thought we’d see how bad it was and at the very least grab an FP somewhere and ride Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters.

Nemo and Autopia both had pretty long waits. We weren’t willing to wait at that point. I did go grab an FP for Space Mountain. DW said she didn’t want to ride, so I just got one for myself.

Buzz Lightyear didn’t have a very long line, so we went ahead and rode.

We wanted to circle back over to Fantasyland, because we still had several attractions left to do over there. We passed by Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, because it had a pretty big line. The Carousel didn’t so we hopped on to ride it.

And the last picture I took this trip…

It was the carousel. I was bored. I had my phone out and I posted something on Facebook. I don’t remember if I posted the picture or not, but I posted something to the DISdads about how we were half way through 3 days in DL and I just didn’t know how @Captain_Oblivious managed to accomplish as much as he did in just one day.

Bet you thought something tragic would happen to my phone on the carousel, right?

Nope.

After we got off the Carousel, we headed over to Pinocchio, another of Disneyland’s dark rides. There was hardly any line, so we were in there quickly. I was glad we got to ride it. I enjoyed it, but it wasn’t my favorite. Might be because Pinocchio isn’t exactly my favorite Disney movie, but it was definitely nice to ride something new. New to me anyway.

During the ride, my phone started vibrating. Someone from home was texting me asking questions about a meeting we were supposed to attend that evening. He was off by a week. I took my phone out to text him back and let him know. I hope he got the message.

I noticed that the time had come to use my FP for Space. The kids had been eyeing the Casey Jr. Train all day, so DW went to take them to ride it while I headed back over to use my FP. As I said, I was using my phone to track waits on the Lines App throughout the trip and submit posted wait times. I entered a few of them along the way to Space.

The entrance to Space Mountain is different from the way it is in Florida. Here, you enter a building and walk up a ramp for a while before you get to the FP machines and entrance to the queue. As I was walking, I saw the posted wait time and was trying to enter it in my phone.

When it slipped from my grip.

It flipped in mid-air about 3 times and I swear it just hung there for 10 minutes. And I still could do nothing more than lunge forward and grab a handful of air.

Of course, it landed screen down on a hard surface.

I picked it up and the screen still lit up. It was just spiderwebbed from the bottom right corner. Unfortunately, the touchscreen was not responsive, so I was out of luck. Stupid touchscreen phones.

I used my FP and was quickly near the loading area for Space. I asked the CM if I could wait and ride in the front row and he let me!!! It was an amazing ride!!! I definitely agree with the general consensus that it is a smoother ride than WDW. I just really enjoyed it.

I exited Space Mountain and started walking as fast as I could towards Fantasyland so that DW wouldn’t have to wait with the kids any longer than necessary. As I was walking my phone rang. DW was calling. I could see she was calling, but I couldn’t answer.

I picked up the pace. I was a man on a mission. I was power-walking, borderline running. I walked up the path to the right of the castle with the wishing well area. I the Fairygodmother was walking the opposite direction and tried to interact with me. I had to give her a quick hi/bye. Gotta run.

I knew where we had parked the stroller, so I headed directly for that spot. It was still there. Well, eventually, I knew DW would come back to it so I stood there and waited. My phone rang a few more times… I still couldn’t answer. It wasn’t long before I heard my name. I looked up and they were on the Carousel again.

They got off and I explained what happened to DW. We decided that we’d pretty well covered Fantasyland. All we had left was Mr.Toad, Snow White and the Castle Walkthrough. We were feeling pretty good about all that we had accomplished so far.

Our intent was to spend the evening in DCA, but since we’d accomplished most of our goals for the day, we decided to try and cross a couple more must-dos off our list to help us a bit more for our last day. First up was Big Thunder Mountain. I think the posted wait was 15 minutes and it really didn’t even seem that long. The line moved constantly and DS and I were riding in no time!

As for comparison to the WDW version. Well, they’re very different. They have similarities, but WDW is just a little bit longer and I like some of the outdoor scenes a little bit better at WDW. But in DL, they have gone above and beyond for the effects in the final lift hill. It is definitely worth seeing. I’m not sure I can say I like the DL version of BTMRR better or not, so I’ll call it a draw. Either way it is BTMRR and it is awesome. And the final lift hill is just awesome!!!!

We’d grabbed a Rider Swap pass, so we headed back out and handed it to DW so she and DS could ride. She was sitting on a bench next to a lady waiting with a baby. She started asking about the pass I gave DW so I explained it to her how it worked. She’d never heard of such a thing and was very appreciative of the information.

While DS and I had been riding, DW bought a popsicle for DD, so I had to finish it for her when she decided that she’d had enough.

The things we have to do as parents…

We wanted to try and ride Pirates on our way out, but as we approached we could see CM’s out front. It was closed and we really didn’t have time to wait. We had something else we wanted to do, so we headed for Main Street and the exit.

Lots of land! :scared1:

A view from my seat for the next few weeks. It wasn't a full bore evening last night. I just worked about 80 acres and was done before it got dark. I'd put some new LED lights on the tractor a few weeks ago so I did stay out long enough to let it get dark so that I could aim the lights and get everything all set and ready to go. It was really just a chance to make sure everything's working and ready to go once we really get after it. The planter wasn't quite ready to roll, so nothing has been planted yet. Dad had some issues trying to get it going yesterday and we had to send our seed rate monitor off to get recalibrated. Thankfully, the dealer has an extra one that we can use in the meantime and they should be able to get it running today.

That's great that the tractor is all primed and ready to work.

DD's outfit is super fancy!

But the kids had fun with it and it is well themed. I love the new additions to Fantasyland, but I do miss having a Toontown at WDW. Granted, I never visited it after the early 90’s, but now that we have kids, it kind of stinks not having it there.

I remember years ago, I was telling DH they need to do something else with Toontown and add more adult themed stuff. Now as a parent, i'm SO glad it's there.

Great picture! And nice shirt :thumbsup2

We saw Goofy hanging out in front of his house and went to say hi. DD had been doing fine with the characters, but I guess because Goofy was so tall, she must have been intimidated. She refused to get near him without being held.

Seriously though, Goofy overtakes everything!

I loved Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Seriously, one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. I loved the sight gags that they used to have in MGM Studios back in the day that have slowly dissipated over the years. So I was really looking forward to riding this ride. It is basically a dark ride, but you ride in cars that have a wheel in the middle so that you can spin them as you go around, similar to the way the teacups work. A fun idea and a fun ride!

This is definitely one of my favorites too. Knowing that, you would have totally appreciated the queue, it is absolutely amazing!

I did go grab an FP for Space Mountain. DW said she didn’t want to ride, so I just got one for myself.

No SM for DW?! :confused3

It was the carousel. I was bored. I had my phone out and I posted something on Facebook.

Sounds familiar:rolleyes1

The kids had been eyeing the Casey Jr. Train all day, so DW went to take them to ride it while I headed back over to use my FP.

No Casey Jr. Train for you?? :confused3 It really is such a cute ride and you can see so much!

It flipped in mid-air about 3 times and I swear it just hung there for 10 minutes. And I still could do nothing more than lunge forward and grab a handful of air.

Of course, it landed screen down on a hard surface.

:scared1::eek: Ugh I feel your pain. Well, not really, I've never broken my phone (knock on wood!) but i've had these instances multiple times and time totally slows down. That stinks.

I picked it up and the screen still lit up. It was just spiderwebbed from the bottom right corner. Unfortunately, the touchscreen was not responsive, so I was out of luck. Stupid touchscreen phones.

Definitely the downside to a touchscreen. Once it's done, it's done:sad2: Maybe my FiL really does know what's up with his ugly flip phone:rotfl2:

I used my FP and was quickly near the loading area for Space. I asked the CM if I could wait and ride in the front row and he let me!!! It was an amazing ride!!! I definitely agree with the general consensus that it is a smoother ride than WDW. I just really enjoyed it.

Next time get the back! Best seat IMO!

the Fairygodmother was walking the opposite direction and tried to interact with me. I had to give her a quick hi/bye. Gotta run.

Poor Fairygodmother. Perhaps if you stopped she could have fixed your phone :confused3

My phone rang a few more times… I still couldn’t answer.

That would be frustrating.

As for comparison to the WDW version. Well, they’re very different. They have similarities, but WDW is just a little bit longer and I like some of the outdoor scenes a little bit better at WDW. But in DL, they have gone above and beyond for the effects in the final lift hill. It is definitely worth seeing. I’m not sure I can say I like the DL version of BTMRR better or not, so I’ll call it a draw. Either way it is BTMRR and it is awesome. And the final lift hill is just awesome!!!!

The effects are totally awesome at DLR. But I love both rides!

She’d never heard of such a thing and was very appreciative of the information.

It's crazy how much people don't know about how easy Disney can make it for you (well, not in your case with the race and maps :headache:) but the rider swap info is right on the park map!

so I had to finish it for her when she decided that she’d had enough.

The things we have to do as parents…

:rotfl2::rotfl:

This reminds me. Now that DS is really picking up the talking, i've been telling him to ask DH for a milkshake. And of course DH gives in and buys him one but won't let DS finish it. So I pick up the slack :thumbsup2:laughing:

Lots of land! :scared1:
::yes:: And I like it that way. :thumbsup2

That's great that the tractor is all primed and ready to work.
Yep. That one's ready. I'm ready. Now we've just got to get the bugs out of everything else. The forecast is good so as of about 5 minutes ago, I'm planning to take the first 3 days off from work next week so we can really get a good start.

DD's outfit is super fancy!
I think that might have been one of the times she was having a meltdown and we just let her put her own outfit together.

I remember years ago, I was telling DH they need to do something else with Toontown and add more adult themed stuff. Now as a parent, i'm SO glad it's there.
I used to feel that way too. I didn't have much use for it, nor did I care, but now I kind of miss it. The kids really enjoyed seeing it at DL.

Great picture! And nice shirt :thumbsup2
Thanks! It is my new favorite Disney shirt. Although it wouldn't be until the last day of our trip that I'd finally find this one on a shelf and I kicked myself for not getting it.
18161_175_300.jpg

Seriously though, Goofy overtakes everything!
He certainly does.

This is definitely one of my favorites too. Knowing that, you would have totally appreciated the queue, it is absolutely amazing!
I've heard the queue is good. The wait was close to 30 minutes though, I think. I was more than happy to grab the FP and then hang out in Toontown instead.

No SM for DW?! :confused3
No. She didn't enjoy it very much when we rode it in WDW and just really didn't even want to ride it.

Sounds familiar:rolleyes1
I wasn't playing Candy Crush though. At least not that time.

And I kind of prefer Frozen Free Fall to Candy Crush. :rolleyes1

No Casey Jr. Train for you?? :confused3 It really is such a cute ride and you can see so much!
No, I didn't do it. It seemed like a fair trade off to me. I got to ride Space. DW told me I wasn't missing anything, so I'm just going to go with that. :rolleyes1

:scared1::eek: Ugh I feel your pain. Well, not really, I've never broken my phone (knock on wood!) but i've had these instances multiple times and time totally slows down. That stinks.
Yep... that helpless feeling right before you say some 4 letter words.

Definitely the downside to a touchscreen. Once it's done, it's done:sad2: Maybe my FiL really does know what's up with his ugly flip phone:rotfl2:
I got into a little bit of an argument with the salesman at the Verizon store once about that very point! He was trying to sell me my first ever totally touchscreen phone. I told him I wanted buttons too so that I'm not screwed if something happens to the touchscreen. Now I can go back, shove it in his face and say "told ya so!"

It only took a few years and 3 or 4 phones, but I was right!

Next time get the back! Best seat IMO!
I usually like the back. But in this case, I kind of wanted front so that I just had darkness in front of me and couldn't what was coming. That's one of the best things about Space, but since it is a different ride from the WDW version I wanted that view of nothing rather than the car in front cluing me into what was coming.

Poor Fairygodmother. Perhaps if you stopped she could have fixed your phone :confused3
:headache: Probably. But then it would turn into a toaster at midnight.

That would be frustrating.
::yes:: I could hit the power button to ignore it. Not that it helped any. :headache:

The effects are totally awesome at DLR. But I love both rides!
::yes:: They're both great. I really have a hard time saying I like one better than the other.

It's crazy how much people don't know about how easy Disney can make it for you (well, not in your case with the race and maps :headache:) but the rider swap info is right on the park map!
I know. It is something that most know about, but I hope they were able to take advantage of it once I explained it to her.
:rotfl2::rotfl:

This reminds me. Now that DS is really picking up the talking, i've been telling him to ask DH for a milkshake. And of course DH gives in and buys him one but won't let DS finish it. So I pick up the slack :thumbsup2:laughing:
You win! Parenting at it's finest!

FiL does this all his grandkids. When they come over he'll tell them to go ask mammaw if they can help her make some cookies. :rotfl2:

wow, not sure if I have ever seen the words "only" and "80 acres" in the same sentence but the scope of land for a city boy is definitely a tad different than for a farmer

really sucks about your phone ... though, getting to sit front row for Space Mountain is pretty good consolidation. Glad you got on a lot of the dark rides that are different than at WDW - definitely something I am looking forward to when we go.

man on man, seriously, the things we have to do as parents ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter