Somebody's Gonna Pee in a Cup, West Coast - Link to new TR 1/21

Over the weekend, we finished planting corn. Yes, finished. In about a week and a half. We have NEVER been able to get done that fast.

Nice work!:thumbsup2

Now that said, we have over 400 acres of soybeans left to plant.

Soylent green is made of people!!!

Oh, soy beans. Never mind.

The A/C quit, and the radio worked... kind of.

You have no outside mirrors.
No, we lost those.

You have no working gauges.
No, not a one.

However, the radio still works! It's clear as a bell, don't ask me how...

They play everything from Nirvana, Oasis, and Goo Goo Dolls to Awolnation, Fallout Boy and Muse.

No Disney tunes?:sad2:

I did take ear buds and listen to a few podcasts though. And I'm using this diversion about my radio listening habits over the past week to direct your attention to a podcast that I listened to live one evening. I know some of you have seen the Disdads around the boards. And yes, we're a crazy bunch of guys who like bacon and beer. And we're quick with an insult or sarcasm wherever it is needed. But good things can come of a close knit group. Even if we have never met each other. If you want to hear a feel good story, and have never listened to a Disdads podcast, or even if you have, check this link out.

::yes:::thumbsup2

Um... well it really depends. Some years if we can't get in and spray early to keep weed pressure down, we might have to till all the ground once to basically eliminate the weeds that are growing and then till it again right in front of the planter to get the ground in better condition to be planted. The issue is that when you have a lot of weeds, you can get clumps of them in places and it can leave an uneven seedbed. When we're doing this, and you get some uncooperative weather thrown in, we've had it go for 2+ months.

That illustrates just how tough growing anything can be.
Glad y’all had good planting conditions, now all you need is some regular rain through the summer and it’s all good.

Thanks for the Nitrogen Bonus Feature as well.
Really… Interesting stuff. The business of farming is much changed.
There’d never have been civilization without it, but the rate of innovation in the last 100 years compared to the prior several millennia is phenomenal.

That isn't necessarily an age thing. Maybe just not your taste in music?

Does sound like good radio for a long day. I wouldn’t mind if they covered an even longer time frame, but I’d certainly find the variation entertaining.

This is coming from someone who majored in saxophone performance and minored in Music History. Real useful college degrees! :rolleyes1

My young’en is majoring in performance and music-ed
We’ve discussed at length just how tough that’s going to be, but playing is the only thing that he’s truly passionate about. He might as well take his shot at it.

I'm probably the oldest one here

I seriously doubt it… :rolleyes:

Andy, popping in to say hi and trying to catch up. I'm glad you had good luck with the planting and got the corn planted in record time.

I don't have to smack you on the side of the head because my PTR is complete and I've not yet started the TR (hope to do that tomorrow); I'll send you a bat signal when I do.

I don't have a lot of time to comment (as will be revealed in my next TR update), but I just have to say these last couple days of your updates have been fascinating. First off, I had no idea that either of the subjects that you majored/minored in were even something covered in colleges! This is coming from someone who majored in saxophone performance and minored in Music History. Real useful college degrees! :rolleyes1
:rotfl2: I'm sure there are more possible majors out there than we could even fathom.

All this information on crop growing is great. I had no idea that Nitrogen was used to enhance growing. It's funny that I have been driving through Central California for over 30 years seeing the crops growing and had no idea of all the science and stuff that goes into the growing. So glad you had a great year for planting. I hope that your soybeans go as well.
Thanks. It's looking good so far, hopefully mother nature continues to be kind.

My growing has mostly been tomatoes and squash, and generally out of pots. It was only last year that we moved to a house with a yard, but our soil is so dense and has been leached of all the nutrients that until we do some serious work, pots are still our best bet. This year planting was out of the question as we had so much going on and then there was the whole broken leg thing.
Gardening definitely takes time. Pots are probably much easier. I know our garden sometimes gets neglected by mid-summer when it is just too hot and humid to want to do what is needed to keep it weed free.

I'm probably the oldest one here, Nirvana, and the Goo Goo Dolls are the only ones in that list that I've even heard of. They're way beyond my time. I'm more of a Doors, Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin fan, you know the Hippie kind of stuff.
And definitely some music that I enjoy as well.

Nice work!:thumbsup2
Thanks!

Soylent green is made of people!!!

Oh, soy beans. Never mind.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

You have no outside mirrors.
No, we lost those.

You have no working gauges.
No, not a one.

However, the radio still works! It's clear as a bell, don't ask me how...
Actually, that describes that tractor pretty well. I'm really hoping to replace it before next spring.

That illustrates just how tough growing anything can be.
Glad y’all had good planting conditions, now all you need is some regular rain through the summer and it’s all good.

Thanks for the Nitrogen Bonus Feature as well.
Really… Interesting stuff. The business of farming is much changed.
There’d never have been civilization without it, but the rate of innovation in the last 100 years compared to the prior several millennia is phenomenal.
Yep, it is more than just some redneck hick playing in the dirt. Although that is a big part of it. :rotfl2:

Does sound like good radio for a long day. I wouldn’t mind if they covered an even longer time frame, but I’d certainly find the variation entertaining.
It would have been anyway if I could have gotten that station to work.

My young’en is majoring in performance and music-ed
We’ve discussed at length just how tough that’s going to be, but playing is the only thing that he’s truly passionate about. He might as well take his shot at it.
:thumbsup2

I seriously doubt it… :rolleyes:
::yes::

Glad it was such a bang-up year for planting. Now we'll have to keep an eye on those pests. :magnify:
Thanks. We'll definitely be watching.

Andy, popping in to say hi and trying to catch up. I'm glad you had good luck with the planting and got the corn planted in record time.
Hi! Welcome home!

don't have to smack you on the side of the head because my PTR is complete and I've not yet started the TR (hope to do that tomorrow); I'll send you a bat signal when I do.
I appreciate that. But I felt pretty confident that I was up to speed on yours. :rotfl2:

Over the weekend, we finished planting corn. Yes, finished. In about a week and a half. We have NEVER been able to get done that fast.

Again, I know nothing about farming, but ... that sounds impressive. Kudos.

Corn usually takes about 10 days to germinate and come up. Yesterday, I saw corn coming up in the field at my house. It was planted on Wednesday.

So you planted fast-growing corn? You don't have the patience to wait 10 days for your corn to grow?

Give me a radio and an Air Conditioned cab and I'm happy. Sadly this spring I was only about 25% of the way there. The A/C quit, and the radio worked... kind of.

So what you're saying is you need a new tractor ...

I like country and rock.

I half now hate you and half like this statement.

Thankfully I could get 2 of my favorite country stations.

I don't see anything there to be thankful for ...

But there's a rock station that plays all kinds of rock from the 90's through now that I really like to listen to. They play everything from Nirvana, Oasis, and Goo Goo Dolls to Awolnation, Fallout Boy and Muse. A pretty good mix and probably my number one favorite station to listen to.

This is much more up my alley.
Although, I'm not wild about classifying Fall Out Boy as rock. Their newer stuff is, and I do like most of their newer stuff, but to me they'll always be emo.

But sadly I couldn't ever get my radio to pick it up clearly so I was bummed about that.

That is sad. And probably reason to invest in a new radio (or tractor if you're worried about the a/c thing too...)

This time, it was a fun song. Brad Paisley, Crushin' It.

That sounds like lame hick music, not fun.

I'm glad to hear the planting went well, and I look forward to reading more about it ... and of course, reading about my favorite place on earth (aka Disneyland, in case you were confused).

Keep Your Hands and Arms Inside the Carpet!

Ok, it has been a while. Let’s see… when we last left off we were heading down MS on our way out of DL. Of course, I had to take a little glance up to my right as we hit Town Square to make sure Walt was still there.

We had some plans for the evening that were in DCA. We made sure to leave plenty of time for transportation to hop parks.

2 minutes later, we were through the turnstiles and on our way.

Seriously, I love it. The ease of park hopping at DL is just amazing.

We had 3 evenings to spend in the parks. World of Color was off the radar due to the fact that it was closed. Clearly we dedicated one evening to Fantasmic! Friday night was going to be the only night we could see the fireworks over Sleeping Beauty’s Castle so we thought this would be a great evening to spend in DCA.

I really wanted to be standing in Radiator Springs at dusk when the neon lights came on. I was hoping to do that this evening.

But at this point, we still had some must do’s to cross off of our list. And one of them was a show that takes place in DCA. It was going to work out that we’d be able to catch a show this evening, which would free up some time and flexibility for us on Friday. We’d miss the lights actually being turned on in Radiator Springs, but we’d still be able to see it in all its night time glory after the show.

So we headed through Hollywood Land and moved towards this…

20150115_163137.jpg

I’d seen some great reviews about this show and it was one of the things that quickly made its way onto the list of things we had to do when we planned for our trip. And let me just say that I was not disappointed.

I think the only show I haven’t seen yet at WDW is the Finding Nemo show. But based on my experiences, Aladdin is the best theme park show I’ve ever seen. It is phenomenal!

We didn’t take any pictures, but we all enjoyed the show. The kids loved it, the parents loved it. It was just amazing. It incorporates the use of all the music from the movie with some puppetry and acting.

But the highlight, is the man himself, Genie.

Wow, Genie really makes the show. I don’t remember a lot of specifics to share, but he delivered a lot of one liners that were both funny and relevant. I don’t know if they allow the actor to ad lib, or if they just re-write it every week or so based on current events, but I remember noticing he was using fresh material.

And this isn’t exactly an example of “fresh” material, but it had me rolling. He was chasing after someone and yelled “Get back here with my umbrella… ella… ella… hey… hey… HEY!!!!”

Maybe not the funniest thing ever, but I distinctly remember that one and it kind of gives you an idea of the pop culture references that they use. Anyway, it is really a great show and I highly recommend it to anyone.

When we exited the theater, it was dark out and we were hungry. We decided to find something to eat. There really wasn’t much discussion, because we intended to spend some time in Carsland under the glow of the neon lights. We’d already determined we were going to eat at Flo’s, so off we went. We headed past an eerie looking structure and through Bug’s Land.

20150115_174001.jpg

We stopped for a couple of pictures on our way in.

20150115_175046.jpg

54919380053.jpg

54919380057.jpg

I had the BBQ pork ribs, DW had the turkey dip sandwich, and the kids had the mac & cheese. I’ve go to say that we were all very happy with the food we got there. My ribs were perfectly cooked and delicious, which can be a hit or miss thing, especially with quick service places. DW liked her sandwich and the kids actually sat down and ate their mac & cheese.

We didn’t think to take any pictures inside the restaurant, but there is the outdoor seating that you see out front, as well as a few different indoor dining rooms. We sat in one that was themed as Doc Hudson’s office. It was actually kind of neat place to explore a little bit. At the end of our meal, we were getting up and getting ready to leave when DS knocked his cup on the floor. It resulted in a mini explosion of Sprite everywhere. We tried to grab some napkins to clean it up, but a couple of CM’s came over and told us not to worry about it and they’d take care of it. I’m sure they just wanted us to leave before we made a bigger mess, but I appreciated it.

I took DS into the restroom to clean us up a bit. His cup fell right at my feet, so both of us had Sprite all over our legs and feet.

While we were cleaning up, DW was out starting work on a little project she wanted to do. We were obviously just blown away by Carsland as a whole, but she loved the night time version so much that she was walking around trying to take a video of all of it. We enjoyed exploring Radiator Springs, and once it gets dark, it truly feels like you’ve been transplanted directly into the movie, even more than it seems that way during the daylight hours.

We, of course, took a couple more rides on Luigi’s Flying Tires…

20150115_182654.jpg

20150115_182947.jpg

And we obviously checked out the wait here, but it was just too long.

20150115_183542.jpg

We got some more pictures…

54919380060.jpg

54919380065.jpg

54919380050.jpg

We finished in Carsland, and decided it was time to call it a night.

Well, almost.

We’d skipped It’s Tough to be a Bug at WDW. Basically because we had other things we wanted to do and we weren’t sure how DD, who is scared of all bugs, would handle it. DW really likes that show though, and as we were walking past it on the way out of the park she asked about seeing it. We stopped and explained to DD exactly what we were going to do and asked her if it was ok. We were going to watch a movie with big bugs in it. They wouldn’t hurt her though and she could sit on my lap. She was ok with it and we went in.

Well, she actually sat with the 3-D glasses on and watched. Until, I believe, it was the bug bomb scene. She decided she’d had enough and just buried her face in my chest. She didn’t yell, whine or complain even a little bit. But she just clearly didn’t want to see. I held on to her and put my hands over her ears. She couldn’t see or hear, so we should be good, right?

The show ended and we headed outside. The park was scheduled to close at 8pm and it was just a little bit before 8. I was kind of craving some ice cream so we took the main exit and stopped by Haagen Dazs on our way back to GCH. DD, who doesn’t eat ice cream, still wanted a snack. DW headed into Marceline’s Confectionery to get her some suckers instead. It was crowded in there and it took her quite a while. We found a spot to sit outside and wait. DS and I had both finished our ice cream and hers was starting to melt by the time she got back.

We headed back up to our room and quickly got settled and into bed. I think we were all in bed by 9 pm once again. We needed to though, because tomorrow was the first race day of the weekend. I had plans to take another bag or 2 out to our car and see first hand what is going on with traffic at that time of morning while runners are on the course. You know. Since nobody could tell me beforehand.

And apparently, because it was finally a Friday Disneyland had early hours at 7AM!!!!!

Again, I know nothing about farming, but ... that sounds impressive. Kudos.
Thanks

So you planted fast-growing corn? You don't have the patience to wait 10 days for your corn to grow?
Yep! That's it!

Or it could have been the fact that it was 85 degrees here last week instead of the usual 60. :rolleyes1

So what you're saying is you need a new tractor ...
::yes:: I already found one too. But they sold it before I could go look at it.

I half now hate you and half like this statement.
That's alright. There are plenty of people who hate me 100%.

I don't see anything there to be thankful for ...
:sad2:

This is much more up my alley.
Although, I'm not wild about classifying Fall Out Boy as rock. Their newer stuff is, and I do like most of their newer stuff, but to me they'll always be emo.
Eh... titles are overrated. As long as it is good, who cares?

That is sad. And probably reason to invest in a new radio (or tractor if you're worried about the a/c thing too...)
::yes:: There are a few other more important issues... it's just an old machine.

That sounds like lame hick music, not fun.
Hey, don't knock it till you try it. :rolleyes1

I'm glad to hear the planting went well, and I look forward to reading more about it ... and of course, reading about my favorite place on earth (aka Disneyland, in case you were confused).
Thanks... and I just posted another update about your favorite place on Earth!

Ok, it has been a while. Let’s see… when we last left off we were heading down MS on our way out of DL. Of course, I had to take a little glance up to my right as we hit Town Square to make sure Walt was still there.

And? Was he?

We had some plans for the evening that were in DCA. We made sure to leave plenty of time for transportation to hop parks.

It's such a hassle to get from park to park ... it takes forever!

::yes:: Totally agree with this one (as I'm pretty sure I've said every time you mentioned it)

This probably one of the few things I haven't seen. Glad to hear you liked it!

Wow, Genie really makes the show. I don’t remember a lot of specifics to share, but he delivered a lot of one liners that were both funny and relevant. I don’t know if they allow the actor to ad lib, or if they just re-write it every week or so based on current events, but I remember noticing he was using fresh material.

I think they do the same thing with Frozen Sing Along in Florida - last time I was there they made a joke involving "All About that Bass" (which is never appropriate, but whatever).

I love this picture! Even though you're a little off-center ...

We didn’t think to take any pictures inside the restaurant, but there is the outdoor seating that you see out front, as well as a few different indoor dining rooms. We sat in one that was themed as Doc Hudson’s office. It was actually kind of neat place to explore a little bit.

And there's another thing I've never seen. We don't really go into many eateries (because we can't generally eat there...), but just from reading this I now want to go look around Flo's next time I'm in CA!

Well, she actually sat with the 3-D glasses on and watched. Until, I believe, it was the bug bomb scene. She decided she’d had enough and just buried her face in my chest. She didn’t yell, whine or complain even a little bit. But she just clearly didn’t want to see. I held on to her and put my hands over her ears. She couldn’t see or hear, so we should be good, right?

I'm impressed that she didn't complain at all. Last time we did ITTBAB at WDW there was a kid sitting behind me crying and screaming. It's not really a great show for kids, and I'm impressed that she did okay despite clearly being scared.

I had plans to take another bag or 2 out to our car and see first hand what is going on with traffic at that time of morning while runners are on the course. You know. Since nobody could tell me beforehand.

Good idea ... but the 5K (Friday) is only half as long as the 10K (Saturday), so there was probably only half as much disruption ...

I just posted another update about your favorite place on Earth!

I noticed. I finally get a few minutes to catch up and you go ahead and post another update so that I'm behind again. It's a good thing I didn't have anything else to do today.

I've heard nothing but praise for the Aladdin show. I hope by the time I get there it will still be showing. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Andy, awesome photopass pictures. I especially like the one of the four of you in front of Flo's...great family shot.

I'm with DD...I hate bugs. But I LOVE It's Tough to be a Bug. I'm glad she had her daddy to keep her safe.

Now you have me wanting ice cream.

Keep Your Hands and Arms Inside the Carpet!

I always do... I always do.

Of course, I had to take a little glance up to my right as we hit Town Square to make sure Walt was still there.

:goodvibes

I can top that! I went from .... hang on... I started at AK and.... no... Ummmm..... I was at DHS and....

Yeah. I got nothing that even comes close.

World of Color was off the radar due to the fact that it was closed.

Are you still just a little disappointed about that?
'cause I am!

I’d seen some great reviews about this show

And I'd never even heard of it.

I think the only show I haven’t seen yet at WDW is the Finding Nemo show. But based on my experiences, Aladdin is the best theme park show I’ve ever seen. It is phenomenal!

Sounds like you made a good call in seeing it.

Maybe not the funniest thing ever, but I distinctly remember that one and it kind of gives you an idea of the pop culture references that they use.

Keeps the show fresh. I like that.

We headed past an eerie looking structure

That hotel looks pretty beat up. I'm sure it's not associated with anything Disney.

All your pictures (photopass or not) are really good. I always love night shots.

the kids actually sat down and ate their mac & cheese.

And the parents sighed with contentment.
Always nice when the kids aren't whining about there being nothing to eat... and they're hungry.

we were getting up and getting ready to leave when DS knocked his cup on the floor.

Whoops! Ah, it happens.

We tried to grab some napkins to clean it up, but a couple of CM’s came over and told us not to worry about it and they’d take care of it.

I would've been pretty surprised if they hadn't, actually.

His cup fell right at my feet, so both of us had Sprite all over our legs and feet.

Could've been worse... Chocolate milk.

We were obviously just blown away by Carsland as a whole, but she loved the night time version so much that she was walking around trying to take a video of all of it.

I liked the video... a lot, but...
Two things made me grin.
She must've almost bumped into someone? "Sorry!"
Plus.... DS looking into the camera waiting for the picture to be taken... :laughing:

We, of course, took a couple more rides on Luigi’s Flying Tires…

Natch.

We stopped and explained to DD exactly what we were going to do and asked her if it was ok. We were going to watch a movie with big bugs in it. They wouldn’t hurt her though and she could sit on my lap. She was ok with it and we went in.

Good for her for even trying it!

She couldn’t see or hear, so we should be good, right?

Oh, oh. Is that foreshadowing of nightmares to come?

tomorrow was the first race day of the weekend. I had plans to take another bag or 2 out to our car and see first hand what is going on with traffic at that time of morning while runners are on the course. You know. Since nobody could tell me beforehand.

I'm really curious to see how that all panned out.
Thanks for the update Andy! :goodvibes

Crops going in quickly makes a farmer happy! Good job, Andy! WOOT! Looking forward to hearing how the soy goes in.

World of Color was off the radar due to the fact that it was closed.

DOH! I'm SO sorry you missed that; it was hand down my favorite part of my last where I saw it for the first time. I literally cried because it was so beautiful. I hope that someday you can go back and enjoy all that it is.

I really wanted to be standing in Radiator Springs at dusk when the neon lights came on.

Me too!! That must really be something to behold. All of the pictures I'm seeing are so pretty from there!

Aladdin is the best theme park show I’ve ever seen.

Agreed! Well, maybe not my favorite, but it was really funny. I think I like Nemo better, and hope that you get to see that someday soon too.

Now THAT one is a keeper!

Since nobody could tell me beforehand.

:confused3:sad2:

And? Was he?
Always!

It's such a hassle to get from park to park ... it takes forever!
I know. :rolleyes1

::yes:: Totally agree with this one (as I'm pretty sure I've said every time you mentioned it)

This probably one of the few things I haven't seen. Glad to hear you liked it!
It is great!

I think they do the same thing with Frozen Sing Along in Florida - last time I was there they made a joke involving "All About that Bass" (which is never appropriate, but whatever).
This actually seems somewhat familiar. They might have done that when I saw it.

I love this picture! Even though you're a little off-center ...
Thanks! And I'm always off center.

And there's another thing I've never seen. We don't really go into many eateries (because we can't generally eat there...), but just from reading this I now want to go look around Flo's next time I'm in CA!
I can definitely understand that. But yeah, it would be worth 5 or 10 minutes just to stroll through there and take a look. They did a great job with it!

I'm impressed that she didn't complain at all. Last time we did ITTBAB at WDW there was a kid sitting behind me crying and screaming. It's not really a great show for kids, and I'm impressed that she did okay despite clearly being scared.
She handled it fine. She's actually a tough little girl. It takes a lot to shake her. But she just HATES bugs.

Good idea ... but the 5K (Friday) is only half as long as the 10K (Saturday), so there was probably only half as much disruption ...
True. But based on route maps and road closure maps I had at my disposal, the areas of concern for me seemed to basically have the same exact closures listed for the same times on both days. So I figured it would give me a pretty good idea of how it would work.

noticed. I finally get a few minutes to catch up and you go ahead and post another update so that I'm behind again. It's a good thing I didn't have anything else to do today.
Clearly I didn't either.

I've heard nothing but praise for the Aladdin show. I hope by the time I get there it will still be showing. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
::yes:: I hope you can see it too. Or maybe they'll bring it east. Either way, it really is a phenomenal show. I loved it.

Andy, awesome photopass pictures. I especially like the one of the four of you in front of Flo's...great family shot.
Thanks!

I'm with DD...I hate bugs. But I LOVE It's Tough to be a Bug. I'm glad she had her daddy to keep her safe.
She at least got through it ok. I'm kind of indifferent about ITBAB, but it is an ok show and DW likes it.

Now you have me wanting ice cream.
I always want ice cream!

I always do... I always do.
Safety first.

I can top that! I went from .... hang on... I started at AK and.... no... Ummmm..... I was at DHS and....

Yeah. I got nothing that even comes close.
The closest thing in Orlando would be the Universal Parks. And they're miles apart compared to this.

Are you still just a little disappointed about that?
'cause I am!
More than a little...

And I'd never even heard of it.
You probably don't read many Disneyland TR's then.

Sounds like you made a good call in seeing it.

Keeps the show fresh. I like that.

That hotel looks pretty beat up. I'm sure it's not associated with anything Disney.
Yeah, it must be one of those good neighbor hotels they have out in California.

All your pictures (photopass or not) are really good. I always love night shots.
Thanks! And Carsland really comes alive at night. I love it!

And the parents sighed with contentment.
Always nice when the kids aren't whining about there being nothing to eat... and they're hungry.
::yes:: It was nice to get them fed without a huge battle. Those meals are rare.

Whoops! Ah, it happens.
It does. But I recall in this particular instance it was due to him playing around. So I wasn't very amused.

I would've been pretty surprised if they hadn't, actually.
True. But I felt really bad about just leaving a mess for them.

Could've been worse... Chocolate milk.
:rotfl2:

I liked the video... a lot, but...
Two things made me grin.
She must've almost bumped into someone? "Sorry!"
Plus.... DS looking into the camera waiting for the picture to be taken... :laughing:
Well, she did take a picture, so she must have paused the video and switched over to the other camera while he was there. That's the only explanation I have, because I know I didn't take it. :rolleyes1

Can't walk past it without stopping.

Good for her for even trying it!
She was brave about it. For a little while.

Oh, oh. Is that foreshadowing of nightmares to come?
Maybe. Maybe not.

I'm really curious to see how that all panned out.
Thanks for the update Andy! :goodvibes
Thanks!

Crops going in quickly makes a farmer happy! Good job, Andy! WOOT! Looking forward to hearing how the soy goes in.
Indeed. Going well so far. I actually had another late night on Wednesday. I've been working some ground up to plant soybeans in. We've started working that ground twice to help it dry faster. We're close to being done with soybeans as well now.

DOH! I'm SO sorry you missed that; it was hand down my favorite part of my last where I saw it for the first time. I literally cried because it was so beautiful. I hope that someday you can go back and enjoy all that it is.
It was like the number one thing that I was excited about seeing at DL. When I saw the list of closed attractions and I saw that this and the Matterhorn were on there, I seriously contemplated canceling our stay at DL.

Me too!! That must really be something to behold. All of the pictures I'm seeing are so pretty from there!
Thanks! We would have liked to have seen it make that sudden transformation, but just being able to see the lights and experience the atmosphere in the evening was good enough for us!

Agreed! Well, maybe not my favorite, but it was really funny. I think I like Nemo better, and hope that you get to see that someday soon too.
I'm sure we'll get there eventually. But I just loved Aladdin!

Now THAT one is a keeper!
Thanks!

But based on my experiences, Aladdin is the best theme park show I’ve ever seen. It is phenomenal!

I have never heard less than great things about this show. I wish we could have seen it.

I love the neon at night! Especially with your DS giving the thumbs-up.:thumbsup2

We were obviously just blown away by Carsland as a whole, but she loved the night time version so much that she was walking around trying to take a video of all of it.

It really is amazing. Top-notch Imagineering.

Well, no loud freak-outs is a win, right? I think it says so in the Parenting Manual.

Congrats on all the farming success. Too bad the A/C and radio didn't cooperate 100%. That rock station you like sounds like my favorite radio station here. I like finding new podcasts to listen to. For some reason I prefer podcasts to music when I'm out walking or running. You've probably already heard about it but Serial is a great podcast. I was absolutely hooked on it.

Sounds like you had a great night at Disneyland. The Cars theming looks amazing. And Alladin sounds fun. Hopefully we'll get to visit someday and see it all in person.

Ugh, I completely relate to the soda spilling. We visit the same deli every Saturday for lunch and Sam or Aidan manage to spill their soda every. single. time. It's so embarrassing. :rotfl2:

I really wanted to be standing in Radiator Springs at dusk when the neon lights came on. I was hoping to do that this evening.

Poop. Well now I know you weren't able to now that i've read the whole thing, but the dusk 'show' is just really cool.

YES! Such a great show and the theater is gorgeous.

But the highlight, is the man himself, Genie.

The Genie seriously makes the show! He is absolutely amazing and hilarious. I always look forward to hearing his new one-liners whenever we visit.

And this isn’t exactly an example of “fresh” material, but it had me rolling. He was chasing after someone and yelled “Get back here with my umbrella… ella… ella… hey… hey… HEY!!!!”

Yep I remember this one! :rotfl2: On our last trip he used the lines 'Bye Felicia!' and 'I'm a wrecking ball!' :rotfl: He's great

Great family shot:thumbsup2

We didn’t think to take any pictures inside the restaurant, but there is the outdoor seating that you see out front, as well as a few different indoor dining rooms. We sat in one that was themed as Doc Hudson’s office. It was actually kind of neat place to explore a little bit.

It really is such a cool place inside. I personally like eating outside near RSR, especially at night for the atmosphere.

At the end of our meal, we were getting up and getting ready to leave when DS knocked his cup on the floor. It resulted in a mini explosion of Sprite everywhere. We tried to grab some napkins to clean it up, but a couple of CM’s came over and told us not to worry about it and they’d take care of it. I’m sure they just wanted us to leave before we made a bigger mess, but I appreciated it.

I have the perfect child, he hasn't done thi--

oh wait, that's my next update:headache:

Great video she took! I like that you really can't hear guests talking but can really hear the background music. Did she splice the clips together like that on her phone or did she do it on the computer? She did a good job :thumbsup2

This is the best picture spot and you guys nailed it!

You did a good job on making sure you got a lot of shots while in Cars Land.

I really enjoy this show too! DH swears that this show permanently ruined his back by the 'stinging' bugs during the bomb scene. :laughing::rolleyes:

DD, who doesn’t eat ice cream, still wanted a snack.

:scared1: Doesn't eat ice cream?! Or can she not eat it?

have never heard less than great things about this show. I wish we could have seen it.
::yes:: But I definitely understand why you didn't. As much of a time commitment as it would have required it certainly wouldn't have been worth it.

I love the neon at night! Especially with your DS giving the thumbs-up.:thumbsup2
It really is something special after the sun goes down.

It really is amazing. Top-notch Imagineering.
::yes:: They went above and beyond. There is really nothing in WDW that is even comparable.

Well, no loud freak-outs is a win, right? I think it says so in the Parenting Manual.
I'll just submit that story to the Parent of the Year Award Committee.

Congrats on all the farming success. Too bad the A/C and radio didn't cooperate 100%. That rock station you like sounds like my favorite radio station here. I like finding new podcasts to listen to. For some reason I prefer podcasts to music when I'm out walking or running. You've probably already heard about it but Serial is a great podcast. I was absolutely hooked on it.
Thanks. Yeah, I've heard of that one. Never listened to it though. I've thought about checking it out, but it takes time... :rotfl:

Sounds like you had a great night at Disneyland. The Cars theming looks amazing. And Alladin sounds fun. Hopefully we'll get to visit someday and see it all in person.
I hope you can. I was really impressed by Carsland. They really hit a home run with the whole thing.

Ugh, I completely relate to the soda spilling. We visit the same deli every Saturday for lunch and Sam or Aidan manage to spill their soda every. single. time. It's so embarrassing. :rotfl2:
Look at the bright side. At least they let you come back every Saturday. :rotfl2:

Poop. Well now I know you weren't able to now that i've read the whole thing, but the dusk 'show' is just really cool.
Yeah. I wish we could have seen it. We considered going to Carsland first, and then trying to see the last Aladdin show. But we just felt like the kids wouldn't handle the show as well if we waited until later. And I think we really made the best choice.

YES! Such a great show and the theater is gorgeous.
::yes:: I love how the theater just looks like a big soundstage on the outside, but then you walk inside and it's like BAM! You just don't expect it to be such a nice and spectacularly detailed theater inside that building.

The Genie seriously makes the show! He is absolutely amazing and hilarious. I always look forward to hearing his new one-liners whenever we visit.
I can only imagine!

Yep I remember this one! :rotfl2: On our last trip he used the lines 'Bye Felicia!' and 'I'm a wrecking ball!' :rotfl: He's great
::yes:: :rotfl2:

Great family shot:thumbsup2
Thanks!

It really is such a cool place inside. I personally like eating outside near RSR, especially at night for the atmosphere.
I can definitely see that. I would have liked to have gone outside too. But we found a table nearby and DW had the kids corralled there while I waited for the food. So it worked.

I have the perfect child, he hasn't done thi--

oh wait, that's my next update:headache:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Great video she took! I like that you really can't hear guests talking but can really hear the background music. Did she splice the clips together like that on her phone or did she do it on the computer? She did a good job :thumbsup2
Thanks. She just spliced it all together on her phone.

This is the best picture spot and you guys nailed it!
Thanks. I liked it.

You did a good job on making sure you got a lot of shots while in Cars Land.
::yes:: We figured by that point that if we were going to get Photopass we might as well make the most of it. The nice thing was that we didn't even have to wait for any of the pictures we got.

I really enjoy this show too! DH swears that this show permanently ruined his back by the 'stinging' bugs during the bomb scene. :laughing::rolleyes:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Just feels like a back massage to me.

:scared1: Doesn't eat ice cream?! Or can she not eat it?
She just doesn't like it and always refuses to try it. But then again, we got ice cream on Mother's Day and she requested her own ice cream and even ate it. But she probably won't like it next time we get it. :confused3

Glad you got all your planting done in such a short amount of time. That's awesome! I, for one, enjoy your farming updates because I think its really interesting. :thumbsup2

More great pics of you and the family. Love them all.

Glad dinner was such a hit. You're making me hungry. ::yes::

And Yay for an ice cream stop on the way out of the park.

7am magic hours???? That is crazy! I hope they have that if I ever get a chance to visit.

I heard Aladdin was an amazing show. I hope I get a chance to see it some day. :goodvibes

I took DS into the restroom to clean us up a bit. His cup fell right at my feet, so both of us had Sprite all over our legs and feet.
At least it was just sprite. ::yes::

We’d skipped It’s Tough to be a Bug at WDW. Basically because we had other things we wanted to do and we weren’t sure how DD, who is scared of all bugs, would handle it. DW really likes that show though, and as we were walking past it on the way out of the park she asked about seeing it. We stopped and explained to DD exactly what we were going to do and asked her if it was ok. We were going to watch a movie with big bugs in it. They wouldn’t hurt her though and she could sit on my lap. She was ok with it and we went in.
:rotfl: Uh Oh.

She didn’t yell, whine or complain even a little bit. But she just clearly didn’t want to see. I held on to her and put my hands over her ears. She couldn’t see or hear, so we should be good, right?
Ah what a champ! :thumbsup2:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter