Somebody's Gonna Pee in a Cup, West Coast - Link to new TR 1/21

It had to be a little bit too “fat guy in a little coat” to be comfortable, but he was happy.

Loving the movie reference!:thumbsup2 Such a cute costume though!

It looks like you and your family had a really nice time at H&V! Your kids look so happy with all of the characters that were there - so cute :)

That's too bad about MM. Bad service is the worst, especially when you have places to be and things to see! It's nice you were with the Fantasmic! package, though - and great pictures! I love that show!

That's great you were finally able to ride RnRc! I can't wait to go back on - its been a long time but I'm excited! :)

The fact that you can see the fireworks at AoA makes me so much more excited to stay there! My gosh is that cool. I am so happy your family enjoyed their stay there - it is such a beautiful resort.

Excited to hear the rest of this TR!

Ugh, I feel like there should be an unwritten rule that if a family dining in a restaurant has toddlers, then their meal shouldn't take longer than an hour/hour and a half. It's really hard keeping kids entertained for that long, no matter how good their attention span is.
Sorry your dinner was nothing you expected it to be. It's pretty hard to screw up Italian food, but it sounds like the restaurant succeeded. Definitely no Via Naploli, that's for sure.

I was starting to worry you'd have to miss RNRC! That would have been terrible! Nobody should have to pass on their favorite coaster when they're in the park the entire day.

Those moments, like the parking lot IllumiNations viewing, are what make Disney so dang special. You can't get that magical feeling at too many other places. I'm glad you were able to have that. And on your last night to boot. Bet it made it that much harder to leave the world the following day, though.

That's awesome that he's enjoying the Muppets! Has he seen any of the older Muppet movies yet?! I put on the original Muppet Movie and the Muppets Take Manhattan for DS a few days ago and he loved them!
I think we watched that one on TV once. I don't have any of the movies at home though, so no, we really haven't. I'm sure he'd enjoy them though.

I still can't figure out why they haven't brought Muppet Babies back to put into the Disney Junior TV line up. Just sayin'

Oh my gosh, how annoying. Especially for the time you guys were having dinner at, you'd think they'd have gotten you out in under 45 minutes. Such a waste of time, that sucks.
Yeah... I really expected it to be a quick one. Kind of like our early dinner at Garden Grill earlier in the week. We should have had tons of time to do Wandering Oaken's after dinner and I was hoping to hit Great Movie Ride before ToT. So much for that...

That's how I felt too, but I would make sure to announce to everyone what I was doing and that I wasn't getting of FB or Instagram. In fact, towards the middle of our trip, DM loved the app and would always have me check it for wait times. Cool by me:thumbsup2
Yes, I did love being able to check wait times from anywhere. I always did the cross reverence between the DME app and the Lines app just to see. Quite frankly, aside from the incorrect predictions of FP+ availability, I found the wait times on Lines to be pretty much on the money. DME was usually slightly inflated.
Score! :cool1: That's fantastic that you were able to ride it! And way to put your foot down that you were waiting no matter what. Definitely paid off!
::yes:: Not riding was pretty much not going to be an option. I'd have likely had to bail and leave everyone else at MK the next day and return on my own if it didn't happen.

Aw, I smiled at this. So cute!
It was. Hate seeing him grow up, but fun watching him discover new things and learn.

Wow, you could have ridden Tower of Terror 10 times in the time it took to have a meal at Mama Melrose! :eek:
Or RnRC possibly 3 times. :rolleyes1

We've never been there and I think I can safely push it lower on our list after hearing about that experience. :sad2: However, I love the endorsement of the Fantasmic Dining Package. I am hoping that the SWW ADR with Fantasmic is the one we keep for May, as that sounds great. I love the idea of walking in 15 minutes prior and having great seats! :thumbsup2
Yes, the dining package is incredible. They tell you to be there half an hour ahead. We got there right at half an hour, but there were still some coming in after us. The seats for the dining package are in a great location now. I loved just walking straight in and sitting down.

So glad that you did manage to get on RnRC after all! :goodvibes Persistence pays off. And sounds like your family had a great time too, with the less crowded and more enjoyable DHS at their disposal.
It was definitely a much better night than our first one in DHS. Kind of redeemed the bad vibes the park gave everyone to start off with.

Sweet Disney-savoring moments out in the parking lot. I always feel like that early on in the trip too - just drinking it all in. Plus, the added feeling of knowing all sorts of fun is just in front of you. Leaving lacks that element. :sad1:
Yeah, early on it is much nicer. You have the excitement of what's to come. At the end it is just bittersweet.

Loving the movie reference!:thumbsup2 Such a cute costume though!
Thanks! He wore that costume for Halloween 2 years in a row. This past year, he wanted to be Hook. I think he likes pirates.

It looks like you and your family had a really nice time at H&V! Your kids look so happy with all of the characters that were there - so cute :)
Oh, they had a blast. They love Doc, Sofia and Jake so this may have been their favorite morning of the trip.

That's too bad about MM. Bad service is the worst, especially when you have places to be and things to see! It's nice you were with the Fantasmic! package, though - and great pictures! I love that show!
Yes, it was brutal being in that restaurant for so long. I was glad to finally get away from there.

That's great you were finally able to ride RnRc! I can't wait to go back on - its been a long time but I'm excited! :)
Oh, it was a relief to finally ride. Finishing up with Fanatasmic! and RnRC just kind of took all the earlier stress away.

The fact that you can see the fireworks at AoA makes me so much more excited to stay there! My gosh is that cool. I am so happy your family enjoyed their stay there - it is such a beautiful resort.
You can see them... It isn't exactly a great view, but the higher ones are visible.

Excited to hear the rest of this TR!
Thanks!

Ugh, I feel like there should be an unwritten rule that if a family dining in a restaurant has toddlers, then their meal shouldn't take longer than an hour/hour and a half. It's really hard keeping kids entertained for that long, no matter how good their attention span is.
Sorry your dinner was nothing you expected it to be. It's pretty hard to screw up Italian food, but it sounds like the restaurant succeeded. Definitely no Via Naploli, that's for sure.
I agree. And honestly, Disney seems to be very perceptive of this and it usually takes nowhere near this long. In this case though, it was just a nightmare.

And you're right. I mean, we mostly ordered basic Italian food. That might have been the problem. I had pasta, DW had pasta, I think MiL had a flatbread. The easiest foods to prepare were the ones that nobody liked. FiL liked his and it took the most preparation.

I was starting to worry you'd have to miss RNRC! That would have been terrible! Nobody should have to pass on their favorite coaster when they're in the park the entire day.
I wouldn't have been very happy if I didn't get to ride it at all. That would be almost unacceptable. I'd have probably taken everyone to MK our last day and left them there to go ride if it hadn't worked out.

Those moments, like the parking lot IllumiNations viewing, are what make Disney so dang special. You can't get that magical feeling at too many other places. I'm glad you were able to have that. And on your last night to boot. Bet it made it that much harder to leave the world the following day, though.
::yes:: I was kind of in that mental state where I knew we'd be leaving the next day but didn't really want to. I was thinking about all the things I think about when it's time to leave. Memories from this trip. Memories from past trips. When will we ever get another trip scheduled to come back... and then that's when the fireworks started. It just came at the perfect time.

Sorry I got behind! I would have FREAKED OUT. Thank god no one was really missing! Aren't children and food fun? Of course he didn't like the pizza, you were looking forward to it. :rotfl:

And as for the newer update... I felt myself getting anxious as I read. The kids look ADORABLE in their outfits though! And you went back to H&V and lived to tell the tale! I told you it wasn't so bad! It's actually Bryan's second favorite character breakfast (after Tusker House) :laughing: Oh boy that line for RnRC sounds insane! How is that possible? And VoLM as your first attraction? I wanted to cry for you. OH Disney Jr Show.... That's all I can say about that.

DW apparently was more interested in taking pictures than playing the game. I guess she wanted to have an excuse for why I always win.

Sounds like truth to me!:thumbsup2

It’s a show that we’ve seen before but don’t necessarily feel compelled to see every trip.

I don't think my kids would let me skip the stunt show.

It was about 3:35 when we were finally seated. I expected to find a full restaurant, but there was hardly anyone there. In fact, the whole time we were in there, I don’t think there was anyone seated at any of the tables directly adjacent to ours.

Wow. Was there only one employee on duty the whole time?

It had been at least 45 minutes since we were seated, a good 30 minutes since we’d ordered.

And we still didn’t have our food.

:faint: That's just plain unacceptable.

Food there is expensive!

::yes::

I remember eating at Mama Melrose's once and just thinking it was "meh". Sorry you had a cruddy experience there.

And the only thing available was The Great Movie Ride or the second Fantasmic!

I went ahead and got TGMR. I didn’t know if we’d use it, but at least we had an option.

This is the age-old philosophical question. Is it better to have a FP for a crappy ride, or none at all?:confused3

But I hate that I spent so much time looking at my phone this trip. Either to change an FP+ or check the status of something. It just felt wrong.

I can see that. You want to enjoy the kids' reactions, not have your face buried in electronics. Besides, we need to be able to make fun of people who do that.

When I got back to everyone else, I laid it out. I was going to ride RnRC.

It appears we are cut from the same cloth!

They really seemed to have enjoyed their evening roaming DHS… much more than we enjoyed our first evening there.

Glad to hear it! And no one got attacked by strollers.

DS asked me about Lightning on the way out to the pool though. Lightning was always parked right in front of our building. So he couldn't figure out how Lightning got to the car show that afternoon or why he won't talk at AoA. I tried to explain to him that the Lightning we were walking past wasn't the real Lightning. He was just kind of a statue. I think he was ok with that explanation. Not that I want the magic to end for him, but I was proud of him logically thinking it all through. He had some very good questions.

Daddy, why was Santa here? Shouldn't he be at the North Pole right now?

But I started walking back to our room and I just stopped. I couldn’t move. It was that feeling that everybody who is on the DIS knows all too well.

I was in wet swim trunks, standing in the middle of the parking lot and it was like 50 degrees. But I didn’t care. I just didn’t want to move.

The sky was clear, it was a beautiful night.
There were fireworks going off in front of me.

I was in Disney World. And I wasn’t ready to leave!

Oh yeah, I know the feeling. Can't believe you're on the final day already.

Oof, rough meal at MM. As a former server/bartender I am such a service snob; it is not a difficult job and I have zero patience for poor service. Even worse though is poor service and cold food!! But I am very glad to know that the Fantasmic! Package is worth it, at least on the Fantasmic! end :thumbsup2

RnR for the win!!:dancer: I'm so glad you got to ride! And it's great that the fam was able to enjoy HS that night too. I love it when things fall into place like that, it's extra special at WDW.

Way to go for DS figuring out the Lightning McQueen deal. I like how you handled it. I'm with you on not wanting to take away the magic, but still being so proud of a young mind really figuring something out. Watching them grow is an amazing adventure!

So, I totally got teary reading you describe that very Disney moment while you loaded the car. Countless times I've felt like that in WDW; it's a feeling like no other. :blush:

Last day at MK (no other park should ever be the last one in my opinion) I'll bet it's a great day!:goodvibes

Hi Andy!

Sounds like a good time with some DHS shows. But what in the world was up with the weird waiting at MM?? I would have been FUMING!!!!

Ugh - I don’t like the tied-to-the-phone thing. I mean, it’s great to be able to do things via the phone, but I guess I just wish I could run over to RnRC and grab a FP instead. :laughing: I know I will be in a constant panic about my stupid iPhone battery running low!

You know, I have only ever seen Fantasmic! at DL. The “ship” at the end there looks a little sad compared to the paddle boat….. I guess I may see for myself finally this summer!

YES!!!!! I am so glad you finally got your RnRC ride!!!!!! Good for you for not giving up! And everyone else had fun too - perfection!

Oh, I know that fireworks stance. There is just something about hearing/seeing any Disney fireworks going off that has me standing still in my tracks or racing for a window/balcony.

Boo - I can't believe you are already up against the last day. :(

Your Mama Melrose experience sounds just like mine :sad2:. They were so slow! I love the new feature of Lines with the FP+ availability. It is supposed to be availability for one but the fact that you couldn't find one for yourself stinks. Its so great that you did get to ride though and it sounds like everyone was happy :thumbsup2. I know exactly the feeling you were having. I am dreading that and my trip hasn't even happened yet :rotfl2:.

Sorry I got behind! I would have FREAKED OUT. Thank god no one was really missing!
I know! It wasn't the best way to wake up.

Aren't children and food fun? Of course he didn't like the pizza, you were looking forward to it.
It kind of reminded me of someone else's opinion about sauces.

And as for the newer update... I felt myself getting anxious as I read.
Yeah... it was Murphy's Law in full effect.

The kids look ADORABLE in their outfits though! And you went back to H&V and lived to tell the tale! I told you it wasn't so bad! It's actually Bryan's second favorite character breakfast (after Tusker House) :laughing:
Ok... it wasn't bad. We enjoyed it. But that is some lofty praise.

But I guess I've only technically done 2 character breakfasts, so I think I'd have to say that it is number 2 on my list, as well.

We've booked, Tusker House and CP in the past, but canceled them due to park hour changes. The only 2 character breakfasts we have successfully completed are Chef Mickey and H&V.

Oh boy that line for RnRC sounds insane! How is that possible?
I was trying to figure that out myself. Based on my 45 minute wait for an 80 minute posted time, I'd say it was more than likely a 50 - 60 minute wait... which seems reasonable based on the line I saw visible in the switchbacks outside. It was still way too long to wait at that time of morning, but the 100 min posted wait seemed absolutely ridiculous.

And VoLM as your first attraction? I wanted to cry for you.
I died a little bit on the inside.

OH Disney Jr Show.... That's all I can say about that.
And that says it all!

Sounds like truth to me!:thumbsup2
You know it!

I don't think my kids would let me skip the stunt show.
It would probably be an every trip show now that DS is old enough to get into it.

Wow. Was there only one employee on duty the whole time?
Well, there were 2 at the hostess station out front. But aside from them, yes, probably.

:faint: That's just plain unacceptable.

I remember eating at Mama Melrose's once and just thinking it was "meh". Sorry you had a cruddy experience there.
Yeah, it has been a good one for us in the past. But we won't be giving it another chance anytime soon.

This is the age-old philosophical question. Is it better to have a FP for a crappy ride, or none at all?:confused3
Obviously, FP for a crappy ride.

I can see that. You want to enjoy the kids' reactions, not have your face buried in electronics. Besides, we need to be able to make fun of people who do that.
Exactly! :thumbsup2

It appears we are cut from the same cloth!

Glad to hear it! And no one got attacked by strollers.
A huge improvement over last time, for sure!

Daddy, why was Santa here? Shouldn't he be at the North Pole right now?
:rotfl2::rotfl:

Oh yeah, I know the feeling. Can't believe you're on the final day already.
They go fast.

But I've also tried to hurry this one along. I'm excited to get it done and move on to Disneyland before the details of both trips kind of all run together in my mind.

Oof, rough meal at MM. As a former server/bartender I am such a service snob; it is not a difficult job and I have zero patience for poor service. Even worse though is poor service and cold food!! But I am very glad to know that the Fantasmic! Package is worth it, at least on the Fantasmic! end
It was brutal. I try to be patient and give benefit of the doubt, but in this case, it was just ridiculous. I mean, there weren't that many table occupied. Our server couldn't have been that busy. And the cold food just really topped it all off.
RnR for the win!!:dancer: I'm so glad you got to ride! And it's great that the fam was able to enjoy HS that night too. I love it when things fall into place like that, it's extra special at WDW.
I'm so glad it worked out and everyone enjoyed the evening. Our original plans were to head out right after Fantasmic! to pack up, but it definitely worked out for the best.

Way to go for DS figuring out the Lightning McQueen deal. I like how you handled it. I'm with you on not wanting to take away the magic, but still being so proud of a young mind really figuring something out. Watching them grow is an amazing adventure!
I definitely want him to enjoy the magic for as long as he can. But it really is fun watching the young minds mature.

So, I totally got teary reading you describe that very Disney moment while you loaded the car. Countless times I've felt like that in WDW; it's a feeling like no other. :blush:
It's just one of those moments that some people might not get. But for those of us who spend time here on the DIS and always want to make a return trip... I think we all get it.

Last day at MK (no other park should ever be the last one in my opinion) I'll bet it's a great day!
I agree. To me, you really need to start with MK and end there.

I'm not counting our evening at DHS as the start of our trip... We just went there to see the Osborne Lights and kill a few hours, so I'm counting our first official park day as our morning at MK. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a good time with some DHS shows. But what in the world was up with the weird waiting at MM?? I would have been FUMING!!!!
It was just absurd. I don't know, but I wasn't pleased, at all.

Ugh - I don’t like the tied-to-the-phone thing. I mean, it’s great to be able to do things via the phone, but I guess I just wish I could run over to RnRC and grab a FP instead. :laughing: I know I will be in a constant panic about my stupid iPhone battery running low!
Ok, I do like the fact that I don't really have to "run" anywhere. I did think about that when we were at Disneyland. That is one nice thing of FP+ in comparison to the paper system.

You know, I have only ever seen Fantasmic! at DL. The “ship” at the end there looks a little sad compared to the paddle boat….. I guess I may see for myself finally this summer!
Oh gosh. There's no comparison.

I like the seating system at DHS much better than the "find a spot to camp out" method at DL. But as for the show... yeah, I like DL. The ships are far more impressive.

YES!!!!! I am so glad you finally got your RnRC ride!!!!!! Good for you for not giving up! And everyone else had fun too - perfection!
It just pretty much wouldn't have been acceptable to miss out on that one. But yes, I'm glad that it worked out to be a good evening for everyone!

Oh, I know that fireworks stance. There is just something about hearing/seeing any Disney fireworks going off that has me standing still in my tracks or racing for a window/balcony.
::yes:: It is just captivating.

Boo - I can't believe you are already up against the last day. :(
I know... but at least at this point we had DL to look forward to in a few weeks!

Your Mama Melrose experience sounds just like mine :sad2:. They were so slow! I love the new feature of Lines with the FP+ availability. It is supposed to be availability for one but the fact that you couldn't find one for yourself stinks. Its so great that you did get to ride though and it sounds like everyone was happy :thumbsup2.
I was kind of disappointed by the fact that the Lines app showed it available, but I couldn't even find a single FP+. I mean, I realize that Lines is using metrics to give an estimation based on past data rather than having access to actual real time data. But I've always found their information in the past and during this trip for wait times to be as accurate or even more accurate than Disney's info. I'm sure the longer the new FP+ system is in place and the more data they collect, the more accurate that info will be in the future.

I know exactly the feeling you were having. I am dreading that and my trip hasn't even happened yet :rotfl2:.
I know!!! There's always that thought of "So, when will be the next trip?" even when you're early in the planning process. At least you've got a possible chance for a follow up visit!

Why Does a Hummingbird Hum?

We woke up early on Friday morning. It was our last morning and we had to finish packing and haul all of our things out to our vehicle. I noticed that they must not leave a bill at the door anymore like they used to? Anyway, since I hadn’t stopped by the desk to check our balance all week, I wanted to get a print out to verify our purchases and make sure everything was good. I took the first load out and made the detour to the lobby on the way back to take care of that matter.

It wasn’t long and we had everyone all packed up and got all of the luggage back into the Suburban. There were no pictures of the packing job this time. We had to rearrange things so we could get the stroller out when we arrived at the parks and that meant closing the hatch as quick as possible while things were still in motion and finding a place to settle.

The park opened at 8:00 am, but I figured we’d get there around 9 or so. Even with all the packing, we were somewhat ahead of schedule. We got parked by around 8:15.

I went to the back and opened the hatch to get the stroller out.

We spent the next 10 minutes picking bags up off of the asphalt and re-loading them.

The monorail was running, so we hopped on and made our way to MK. We got through the gates and were walking down Main Street by about 8:40. Not too bad.

We had FP+ for 7DMT at 10, but we had plenty of time to kill before we got there. We had a few rides that aren’t necessarily what you’d typically do during the first park hour, but they were on our must do list and we hadn’t done them yet.

First stop was Buzz Lightyear. I’d post our pictures, but instead of us, we got pictures of some other random people on our Memory Maker.

But someone wanted her picture with Zurg after she saw other kids doing it.

20141219_085825.jpg

Someone else was more hesitant to join her, but he finally entered the cell when the CM working in there shot Zurg with a freeze ray and promised he couldn’t move.

20141219_085842.jpg

When they finally escaped, we decided to go ride Peoplemover. It was a nice, relaxing ride. DS didn’t like the dark area going through Space Mountain… so yeah, I’d say not riding was definitely for the best.

We finished riding just in time to make it for the first show of the morning at Monsters Inc. We were waiting in line and DS had me submit a joke for him.

Why does a hummingbird hum?

Because it doesn’t know the words.

Anyway, he was thrilled when they used his joke in the show. The kids really had a blast with this one. DD even picked up a joke that somebody else turned in. She remembered this joke and went through a phase where it was so funny she had to tell it over, and over, and over, and over again.

How do you make a tissue dance?

You put a little boogie in it.

Anyway, safe to say we all had a good time at the Laugh Floor.

It still wasn’t quite time for our FP+ yet, so we headed on over to Storybook Circus for another ride on Dumbo and Barnstormer. You know, since we had to promise them they could ride Dumbo again when they were begging to ride it repeatedly the past 2 days while we were in EPCOT and DHS…

It was finally time to ride 7DMT, and we could notice that the park was getting slightly more crowded than it had been all week. We parked the stroller and we grabbed a rider switch pass and everyone else went to ride while I took DD to…

Wait for it…

20141219_102509.jpg

Of course.

We rode 3 times.

We headed back over to 7DMT and everyone had already exited and they were waiting for us. We made the hand off. FiL and DD headed back to the Teacups, while DS and I headed into 7DMT for another fun ride.

MK_MINETRAIN_7128861469.jpeg

And I actually remembered to do something for the camera for once.

But this was only the second time I rode.

I remembered where the cameras were, but I forgot which side of the track they were on.

Which actually probably makes it funnier than it would have been otherwise.

MK_MINETRAIN_7128861491.jpeg

After our ride, DS wanted to go ride the Teacups too… So DS, DD and I went and got in line. And by this time, there actually was a line. I think we had to wait for the ride to cycle 3 or 4 times before we got on. The CM’s had to open several queue sections by the time we finished up there.

When we stumbled off of the Teacups, iit was time for our next FP+. It was a special FP+ that no longer exists… Be Our Guest!

DSC_0144.jpg

This was my second trip to BOG. I’ve never been for dinner, but this makes my second lunch there. And quite honestly, this is one of my favorite counter service meals in the parks. It’s a great atmosphere to relax and enjoy a meal, and as far as counter service food goes, I feel like it is reasonably priced and great quality here.

Unless you’re forced to eat this stuff… Although, she loves those meals and constantly requests them over other things.

DSC_0142.jpg

Our first visit was just after BoG opened… We were at WDW the actual day that the new part of Fantasyland had its official grand opening. (Remember that dragon they had flying around??? Yeah, we didn’t see it. Heard about it after the fact, but we were on the beach at Wilderness Lodge watching the special media event fireworks that evening.)

Anyway, back on subject, back then they were only serving the grey stuff for special events or extra CM induced magic. Therefore, my dessert was the chocolate cupcake. Which is pretty phenomenal, by the way. But I was excited this time to try the Master’s Cupcake with the Grey Stuff on top. I have to say it was very good, and it will definitely be my choice again next time.

As I’ve seen a lot of people say, the fries at BoG are very good and they didn’t disappoint. I had the roast beef sandwich and I thought it was fantastic. We’ll definitely plan to return next time, as long as they’re still doing the counter service type lunches and we can secure an ADR!

Once we got our food, I quickly ate and I was keeping close watch on the time. This is because I had an FP+ coming up.

Yes, I had one.

Just me.

Nobody else.

Let me explain. If you read my PTR, you already know. If you didn’t here’s how it worked. The night that we could book FP+, I was online before 12:00 doing the constant refresh, sit and wait game. I think it was like 12:01 on my computer's clock when I could finally get in to book FP+.

The first FP+ I attempted to book was Anna & Elsa for our last day.

There was nothing.

So I tried for every other MK day in our plans.

No luck at all.

Completely shut out.

I was pretty bummed out by that. But I was able to secure everything else we wanted, including 7DMT. I was even able to play around with it and there were plenty of time options to choose from for everything.

I posted on the Disdads Facebook page, and it some thread here, kind of upset and complaining about the lack of FP+ at 60 days +7… when someone made a suggestion that never occurred to me.

Instead of getting FP+ for all 5 of us (DD didn’t need one), see what’s available for 1 of us.

So I immediately logged into my account and scrapped all of our FP+ for our final day. One by one, I tried to add an A&E FP+ for all of us. I managed to get a 15 minute window between 3:05 and 3:20 where MiL, DW and DS all had overlapping FP+. I was also able to get a 3:20 so I booked that for FiL with the understanding that they typically allow a 5 minute grace period ahead of time and hoping he could get in with them. So all but one of us could at least get in to see A&E together.

You should have seen our My Disney Experience account. It gave me a headache just looking at that day.

The next closest time I could find for the other FP+ was something like 11 am. So I grabbed it for me, hoping to change it to a time that would work in conjunction with the rest of them.

It never happened.

Part of me wanted to just cancel it, because I really didn’t care to see A&E by myself.

Another part of me wanted to keep it out of spite and frustration with the process and my inability to get us all together.

I wasn’t sure what I’d do with it, but I chose to keep it and just keep trying to change our time on it.

By about the midpoint of our trip though, something dawned on me. I have an FP+ to meet a princess and a queen. I have a DD who absolutely loves her princesses. I have a DS who can be extremely hit or miss on his reaction to them.

So I figured I could take her in to meet them and get pictures without worrying about grumpy brother. And then she would have a chance to go back and see them again later with everyone else.

So we finished our food and got some daddy/daughter time as we headed off to use our highly coveted and hard fought FP+ while everyone else finished up with lunch and toured BOG.

It was our last morning and we had to finish packing and haul all of our things out to our vehicle.

Your last morning was quite a bit different from mine.

I noticed that they must not leave a bill at the door anymore like they used to?

??? I'm not going to be giving anything away here, I don't think.
But I definitely got one.
It was hanging on the door when I got back from the parks I believe.

We had to rearrange things so we could get the stroller out when we arrived at the parks and that meant closing the hatch as quick as possible while things were still in motion and finding a place to settle.

And how did that work out for you?

We spent the next 10 minutes picking bags up off of the asphalt and re-loading them.

Yup! Pretty much how I thought it'd work out! :laughing:

The monorail was running,

:faint: A first!

I’d post our pictures, but instead of us, we got pictures of some other random people on our Memory Maker.

Oh, you should've posted them anyway. We could make up stories about them.

Someone else was more hesitant to join her, but he finally entered the cell when the CM working in there shot Zurg with a freeze ray and promised he couldn’t move.

Really? He did that? That's very nice... and smart, too.

Your kids are too cute!

DS didn’t like the dark area going through Space Mountain… so yeah, I’d say not riding was definitely for the best.

Definitely.
Make note of this. Good fodder for a future speech at his wedding.

Ha! I thought that might be it.
Actually, Andy. The reason a hummingbird hu.... What? Shut up?
Oh.

Okay.

Anyway, he was thrilled when they used his joke in the show.

I bet! Did he say something like, "Dad! That's my joke!"

:lmao: I love it!

We rode 3 times.

And how was Dad feeling after riding the spew cups 3 times?

::yes:: Way to totally miss the mark while trying to look cool! :rotfl:

And quite honestly, this is one of my favorite counter service meals in the parks. It’s a great atmosphere to relax and enjoy a meal, and as far as counter service food goes, I feel like it is reasonably priced and great quality here.

I've yet to hear anyone say they didn't like it.

(Remember that dragon they had flying around??? Yeah, we didn’t see it. Heard about it after the fact, but we were on the beach at Wilderness Lodge watching the special media event fireworks that evening.)

What? What dragon? Sounds vaguely familiar, but... :confused3

But I was excited this time to try the Master’s Cupcake with the Grey Stuff on top. I have to say it was very good, and it will definitely be my choice again next time.

This is another one that most people love. Although I have heard a few "too sweet" comments.

So I immediately logged into my account and scrapped all of our FP+ for our final day. One by one, I tried to add an A&E FP+ for all of us. I managed to get a 15 minute window between 3:05 and 3:20 where MiL, DW and DS all had overlapping FP+. I was also able to get a 3:20 so I booked that for FiL with the understanding that they typically allow a 5 minute grace period ahead of time and hoping he could get in with them. So all but one of us could at least get in to see A&E together.

Smart! I don't think I would've thought to do that either.

Another part of me wanted to keep it out of spite and frustration with the process and my inability to get us all together.

I remember you saying that.

So we finished our food and got some daddy/daughter time as we headed off to use our highly coveted and hard fought FP+ while everyone else finished up with lunch and toured BOG.

Wait. Don't you need two FP+s to do that? Or is she little enough that she doesn't need one?

Thanks for the update Andy! :goodvibes

We woke up early on Friday morning. It was our last morning and we had to finish packing and haul all of our things out to our vehicle. I noticed that they must not leave a bill at the door anymore like they used to? Anyway, since I hadn’t stopped by the desk to check our balance all week, I wanted to get a print out to verify our purchases and make sure everything was good. I took the first load out and made the detour to the lobby on the way back to take care of that matter.

It wasn’t long and we had everyone all packed up and got all of the luggage back into the Suburban. There were no pictures of the packing job this time. We had to rearrange things so we could get the stroller out when we arrived at the parks and that meant closing the hatch as quick as possible while things were still in motion and finding a place to settle.

The park opened at 8:00 am, but I figured we’d get there around 9 or so. Even with all the packing, we were somewhat ahead of schedule. We got parked by around 8:15.

Not bad...not bad at all.

Uh oh! :faint:

The monorail was running, so we hopped on and made our way to MK. We got through the gates and were walking down Main Street by about 8:40. Not too bad.

The monorail was running? Now that is a surprise. And that's awesome time to be walking down Main Stree for your family. :thumbsup2

We had FP+ for 7DMT at 10, but we had plenty of time to kill before we got there. We had a few rides that aren’t necessarily what you’d typically do during the first park hour, but they were on our must do list and we hadn’t done them yet.

First stop was Buzz Lightyear. I’d post our pictures, but instead of us, we got pictures of some other random people on our Memory Maker.

20141219_085825.jpg

She is just to stinkin' cute.

20141219_085842.jpg

He'll get over that, I'm sure.

When they finally escaped, we decided to go ride Peoplemover. It was a nice, relaxing ride. DS didn’t like the dark area going through Space Mountain… so yeah, I’d say not riding was definitely for the best.

Smart move dad.

We finished riding just in time to make it for the first show of the morning at Monsters Inc. We were waiting in line and DS had me submit a joke for him.

Cute!

Anyway, he was thrilled when they used his joke in the show. The kids really had a blast with this one. DD even picked up a joke that somebody else turned in. She remembered this joke and went through a phase where it was so funny she had to tell it over, and over, and over, and over again.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:I don't think I've ever heard that one before.

It still wasn’t quite time for our FP+ yet, so we headed on over to Storybook Circus for another ride on Dumbo and Barnstormer. You know, since we had to promise them they could ride Dumbo again when they were begging to ride it repeatedly the past 2 days while we were in EPCOT and DHS…

It was finally time to ride 7DMT, and we could notice that the park was getting slightly more crowded than it had been all week. We parked the stroller and we grabbed a rider switch pass and everyone else went to ride while I took DD to…

Wait for it…

20141219_102509.jpg

Yay....and you can just see how much she loves it. :)

Of course.

We rode 3 times.

You'd have to carry me off after that.

We headed back over to 7DMT and everyone had already exited and they were waiting for us. We made the hand off. FiL and DD headed back to the Teacups, while DS and I headed into 7DMT for another fun ride.

I remembered where the cameras were, but I forgot which side of the track they were on.

Good job on the pictures on the Mine Ride.

After our ride, DS wanted to go ride the Teacups too… So DS, DD and I went and got in line. And by this time, there actually was a line. I think we had to wait for the ride to cycle 3 or 4 times before we got on. The CM’s had to open several queue sections by the time we finished up there.

When we stumbled off of the Teacups, iit was time for our next FP+. It was a special FP+ that no longer exists… Be Our Guest!

DSC_0144.jpg
This was my second trip to BOG. I’ve never been for dinner, but this makes my second lunch there. And quite honestly, this is one of my favorite counter service meals in the parks. It’s a great atmosphere to relax and enjoy a meal, and as far as counter service food goes, I feel like it is reasonably priced and great quality here.

Unless you’re forced to eat this stuff… Although, she loves those meals and constantly requests them over other things.

DSC_0142.jpg

What is she eating? :confused3

Our first visit was just after BoG opened… We were at WDW the actual day that the new part of Fantasyland had its official grand opening. (Remember that dragon they had flying around??? Yeah, we didn’t see it. Heard about it after the fact, but we were on the beach at Wilderness Lodge watching the special media event fireworks that evening.)

Anyway, back on subject, back then they were only serving the grey stuff for special events or extra CM induced magic. Therefore, my dessert was the chocolate cupcake. Which is pretty phenomenal, by the way. But I was excited this time to try the Master’s Cupcake with the Grey Stuff on top. I have to say it was very good, and it will definitely be my choice again next time.

As I’ve seen a lot of people say, the fries at BoG are very good and they didn’t disappoint. I had the roast beef sandwich and I thought it was fantastic. We’ll definitely plan to return next time, as long as they’re still doing the counter service type lunches and we can secure an ADR!

I've eaten dinner there three times (and I don't like the gray stuff) and will be eating dinner there again in May. But I'm happy to say that I was able to get an ADR for our girls trip in July for lunch and am very excited for it.
Once we got our food, I quickly ate and I was keeping close watch on the time. This is because I had an FP+ coming up.

Yes, I had one.

Just me.

Nobody else.

Let me explain. If you read my PTR, you already know. If you didn’t here’s how it worked. The night that we could book FP+, I was online before 12:00 doing the constant refresh, sit and wait game. I think it was like 12:01 on my computer's clock when I could finally get in to book FP+.

There was nothing.

No luck at all.

Completely shut out.

I was pretty bummed out by that. But I was able to secure everything else we wanted, including 7DMT. I was even able to play around with it and there were plenty of time options to choose from for everything.

I posted on the Disdads Facebook page, and it some thread here, kind of upset and complaining about the lack of FP+ at 60 days +7… when someone made a suggestion that never occurred to me.

Instead of getting FP+ for all 5 of us (DD didn’t need one), see what’s available for 1 of us.

You should have seen our My Disney Experience account. It gave me a headache just looking at that day.

The next closest time I could find for the other FP+ was something like 11 am. So I grabbed it for me, hoping to change it to a time that would work in conjunction with the rest of them.

It never happened.

Part of me wanted to just cancel it, because I really didn’t care to see A&E by myself.

I wasn’t sure what I’d do with it, but I chose to keep it and just keep trying to change our time on it.

By about the midpoint of our trip though, something dawned on me. I have an FP+ to meet a princess and a queen. I have a DD who absolutely loves her princesses. I have a DS who can be extremely hit or miss on his reaction to them.

So I figured I could take her in to meet them and get pictures without worrying about grumpy brother. And then she would have a chance to go back and see them again later with everyone else.

Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures of this. I am so excited you got daddy/daughter time. This warms my heart.

20141219_085825.jpg

20141219_085842.jpg

Wait for it…

20141219_102509.jpg
Of course.

We rode 3 times.

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

Yes, I had one.

Just me.

Nobody else.

There was nothing.

No luck at all.

Completely shut out.

It never happened.

I am excited to see the photos from the hard won meet and greet!

On our last 2 trips, we've gotten the bill/receipt emailed to us. I think that's the new normal, and you can go to the desk if you have any questions.

I’d post our pictures, but instead of us, we got pictures of some other random people on our Memory Maker.

You should have posted them, with no comment, and let people be confused why you weren't in the pictures!

So cute!!

Agreed that riding probably wasn't for the best, but ... Space Mountain on the PeopleMover is darker because it doesn't have stars (at least it didn't when I went on the PeopleMover).

Cute!

Yeah, maybe that was cute the first time ... but I'm guessing you got sick of it after a while.

If you had just let them go on Dumbo at Epcot and DHS you wouldn't have had such a problem!

We parked the stroller and we grabbed a rider switch pass and everyone else went to ride while I took DD to…

Wait for it…

20141219_102509.jpg

This shocked me. Having read all of your TR so far, I never would have guessed this one.

Way funnier this way. Seriously.

That was December 6, 2012. I had just gotten back from the other coast (literally - I landed that morning and then had to go into work because my jerk co-worker took the day off), so I wasn't paying attention to it much beyond that it was opening ... what's this dragon?

That's a good idea, except ... what if they've switched out the Anna and Elsa by the later period. Will she notice the difference? Will she be upset if they don't remember her?
Although I think special Daddy/Daughter time is still really great, even if you have to share it with Anna/Elsa.

Sorry you were able to get FP at the same time but what a great opportunity to spend some father/daughter time.

Wow, good job packing up all your stuff, checking out, and getting to a park ahead of schedule! :thumbsup2

Good start to your morning - always nice to finally get to those last must-dos. Very cool that your DS's joke got used in the Laugh Floor show!

I'm surprised your DD wasn't walking in circles after all those Teacup rides! :faint:

Love the Mine Train picture! :lmao:

Mmmm, Be Our Guest lunch! We did that once and really liked it, but I don't think we can expect to reasonably work it into this next trip. But now I'm tempted to try anyway... :scratchin I have not yet had any of their cupcakes, after all. :sad2:

Glad you were able to coordinate so many FP+ for Anna and Elsa! I've been lucky so far, traveling with just Izzy on the last two visits, since she and I just need the one FP+. However, we were with DIS-friends in June, so we did have to coordinate our time with theirs, but it worked out fine. I think that's a great idea to go with just you and DD. I hope it went well. :goodvibes

Your last morning was quite a bit different from mine.
Oh really?

??? I'm not going to be giving anything away here, I don't think.
But I definitely got one.
It was hanging on the door when I got back from the parks I believe.
Hmmm... how late was that?

I mean, we packed up and left our room when we headed to the parks, but I'd certainly think they'd have them on the doors by around 7 am... It isn't like we got up in the middle of the night and left.

We did get a copy e-mailed later, and I saw something somewhere saying they'd e-mail it. But since we were using our Magic Bands to charge to the room, I really wanted to take a look at it and review the charges before I stepped foot off of the property.

And how did that work out for you?

Yup! Pretty much how I thought it'd work out! :laughing:
What else would you expect?

It only took all week...

Oh, you should've posted them anyway. We could make up stories about them.
:rotfl: Good idea. If I'd only thought about it. I just deleted them from our account.

Really? He did that? That's very nice... and smart, too.
::yes:: Always nice to see a CM make the extra effort like that.

Your kids are too cute!
Thanks

Definitely.
Make note of this. Good fodder for a future speech at his wedding.
Oh geeze. He's so scared of the dark it is ridiculous. His sister is braver than he is.

And yes, I'll remember that detail.

Ha! I thought that might be it.
Actually, Andy. The reason a hummingbird hu.... What? Shut up?
Oh.

Okay.
pkondz, the science guy.

I bet! Did he say something like, "Dad! That's my joke!"
::yes:: He was excited about it.

:lmao: I love it!
It was cute the first time...

And how was Dad feeling after riding the spew cups 3 times?
At least it is a short ride...

::yes:: Way to totally miss the mark while trying to look cool! :rotfl:
One of my best skills. :thumbsup2

I've yet to hear anyone say they didn't like it.
Same here. I've seen some disappointed with dinner... but you're talking about a much more expensive meal. I think as far as a quick service lunch goes though, it is almost impossible to beat.

What? What dragon? Sounds vaguely familiar, but... :confused3
They had some dragon that flew over new Fantasyland during their special media event grand opening ceremony. As I said, I didn't see it, but I knew Len Testa and several other Disney media moguls were in town for the grand opening of New Fantasyland and the re-opening of Test Track, so I was following along on Twitter. I saw it blowing up about the dragon, but I never saw it.

This is another one that most people love. Although I have heard a few "too sweet" comments.
How? If I ever say "too sweet" it must be toxic. I don't think I've ever said that about any dessert, ever. :rotfl:

Smart! I don't think I would've thought to do that either.
I clearly didn't think of it on my own. But I definitely want to share the story in case it might help someone else in the future.

I remember you saying that.
Yeah... I'm classy like that. :rolleyes1

Wait. Don't you need two FP+s to do that? Or is she little enough that she doesn't need one?
Nope. She's 2. No ticket = no need for FP+.

Oh really?

You'll see... eventually.

Hmmm... how late was that?

I mean, we packed up and left our room when we headed to the parks, but I'd certainly think they'd have them on the doors by around 7 am... It isn't like we got up in the middle of the night and left.

We did get a copy e-mailed later, and I saw something somewhere saying they'd e-mail it. But since we were using our Magic Bands to charge to the room, I really wanted to take a look at it and review the charges before I stepped foot off of the property.

Hmmm.... I don't remember. Must be in my notes somewhere. But I would've got back to my room somewhere between 9pm and midnight at the latest.
It was hanging there. I even took a picture.

:rotfl: Good idea. If I'd only thought about it. I just deleted them from our account.

A golden opportunity to mock a complete stranger and get sued by them.

pkondz, the science guy.

Hey! I like that!
I think I'll tell Ruby, hang on...

I told her, "Hey Ruby! I'm pkondz, the science guy! I are smart!" but she just rolled her eyes and patted me on the head.
That's a good thing, right?

It was cute the first time...

:laughing: Well I've told it three times already.

At least it is a short ride...

Very short. As in zero seconds since I won't ride it.
If I ever have grandkids, I'll be in trouble.

They had some dragon that flew over new Fantasyland during their special media event grand opening ceremony. As I said, I didn't see it, but I knew Len Testa and several other Disney media moguls were in town for the grand opening of New Fantasyland and the re-opening of Test Track, so I was following along on Twitter. I saw it blowing up about the dragon, but I never saw it.

There's gotta be a video out there somewhere.
Found it.

Nope. She's 2. No ticket = no need for FP+.

Ah. Couldn't recall how old she was.
Glad that worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter