Some things I learned on our trip this week.

Good thread, thanks!
(BTW, I love when people write in point form, makes it so much easier to read then those huge paragraphs!! :) )

:thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing!

Ready to go in Ok said:
Does Giordano's deliver?

Yes, they did deliver to us. The food was well worth the price, but as I said before, we ordered too much. We had a large pepperoni pizza, an order of cheese sticks and a chicken parmesian sandwich. With tip, it came to about $35, but it was WELL worth the price. We had a lot leftover, and when we order again from Griordano's, we'll make sure we just order the pizza... it's enough to feed the entire family (and I'm no small Daddy).

Oh, one more "thing we learned" that I just have to share... when we went to Chef Mickey's for our son's birthday breakfast, we took a bus to the MK, and then walked up to the Monorail to ride to the Contemporary. Well, we were the only ones at the station, so I asked the CM if we could ride up front with the conductor. He said we certainly could! It was a short trip, but it was awesome. And, if it wasn't for the folks here on the DIS board, I would have never known that I could ask for that! And, it helped to make our son's 12th birthday even more special.

WVParkfan said:
Some asked about Giordannos. Here's the phone number: (407) 293-8900. Several weeks ago, I asked on this board if anyone knew of some good non-Disney pizza (Disney pizza is pretty bad). Several people recommended Giordannos and several recommended Flippers. We don't normally order "Chicago" style pizza, but noticed that Giordannos had "thin" crust pizza. Well, it was very unique and delicious. MUCH better than what we have had in the past.

I made a similar post (asking about good pizza), and may have been in on your post too (can't remember). Anyway, being originally from Chicago (now living in Houston), I really really really miss good pizza. My family likes Giordano's Stuffed Pizza. BUT I LOVE the thin crust! The amount of toppings they put on is incredible and it tastes like Italian heaven! I have already added pizza from Giordano's on my itinerary. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your list.
Mike

Funnel cake is fried dough (think doughnut) swirled around in hot oil to make a "lattice like" circle then dusted with powdered sugar. Super delish dipped in jam or chocolate!

Kate

Thanks for sharing. I just love hearing of new things people have done in WDW. There is nothing better then finally being able to say "Been there Done That!!!"
Glad you had a great time.
And I completely agree about CM... We celebrated DD 5th there and it ws the best!

Giordanno's is great but you gotta have patience if you're ordering the chicago style deep dish pizza since they take at least 30 minutes from when you order it.

The Pizzeria Uno in International Drive has an awesome take out special that we've ordered on some of my last visits, basically 2 large Deep Dish pizzas for like $20-$21 dollars where one normally costs $16-$19. You take it back to your room and 4-5 people can get stuffed on 2 of those thick pizzas.I don't know if the Pizzeria Uno by Downtown Disney offers this same special.

party: party: party: party:

The origins of Funnel Cake come from Pennsylvania Dutch.

Cake batter (more like donut) is poured through a pitcher with a funnel tip on it directly into a cast iron skillet filled with oil. The batter is swirled around & layered then flipped. Once out of the oil it is generously covered with powdered sugar.

Think great carnival or boardwalk food. :cloud9:

I love your list. It sounds like you had such a fun time. I've never tried HM at night. I think we'll give it a whirl.

Funnel cake sounds yummy!!!! I must try it this time. :Pinkbounc
Eating something sweet always make me do the happy dance.

Boncho said:
Eating something sweet always make me do the happy dance.

Then make sure you try the Smores at 50's Prime Time or the Tune In Lounge beside 50's Prime Time at MGM. Those Smores may be the sweetest things I've ever tried to eat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter