Some servers are already working on the Dream

dennismcneely

Mouseketeer
Just thought you guys would like to know that a friend of mine that is a DCL dining room server (we met aboard the Magic in 2009) flew from Peru to Germany past Tuesday and just updated her Facebook status and now it says 'In the Disney Dream!!!!!' Not yet sure about what kind of work they are doing, but I asked her to post some photos as soon as she can. :dance3: :dance3:

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

Dennis

I would like to know that myself. However I would think that there is a lot of physical work left to do but also stocking up for the voyage to the states and such. I am scheduled to start on the Dream on Dec 1 and I have no idea what kinds of 'jobs" I will be doing. I am a server also. The only thing I know so far is that I am leaving for Amsterdam November 28.

i hope your not talking about grissell gomez she is the greatest i know she is going to the dream i have a magic cruise coming up on nov 13 i hope she is on there but this is probaly her.

I would like to know that myself. However I would think that there is a lot of physical work left to do but also stocking up for the voyage to the states and such. I am scheduled to start on the Dream on Dec 1 and I have no idea what kinds of 'jobs" I will be doing. I am a server also. The only thing I know so far is that I am leaving for Amsterdam November 28.

How exciting to 'meet' a future server ! I hope we get to see you in person in July (it would even more more awesome if we actually "get you" as our wonderful dining host !) Thanks in advance for all you ( and your fellow servers) do to make our cruise magical. I can truly say that the warm and caring interactions we have had with our serving team have been one of the highlights of our cruise!

Good luck in your new position! :goodvibes

Hi...I am just curious.
If your contract is starting Dec. 1st when is it up? I am trying to figure out which TEAM will be on our cruise May 15th as it is kinda in between 3 and 6 month contracts.
Enjoy your flight and adventure!

I worked with a company opening a new restaurant. I felt a little bad for the people coming in early. Sure they were happy to be working but the front of house staff who would of been tipped just got minimum wage.

Also they were moving tables and chairs in, mounting pictures assembling things. The Kitchen staff was putting untensils and cookware in the kitchen. Food came in over 3 days. Dry stuff like canned food, frozen food, then fresh food the days before. Then a few dry runs were done or making lunches for managers from the company like me got a special lunch sampling the new operations fare for a couple days and then a dinner trial. The dinner was more of a true dry run. Every part of a guest experience was included. The next day it was open for business.

I will also be joining the Dream on Dec 2nd as a server. Worked at Epcot before but never a cruise line. I'm from the UK and cant wait to come to the east coast again. I miss Florida so much

Well thanks everyone for the good words and for the thanks. I am more so in shock lol. Yes there is excitement but the shock of the whole thing is crazy. Especially now that the Dream is out and doing its tests it is all real and a lil scary now.

I worked at WDW in Epcot as a server for 2 years and I loved every second of it. I know the job is a lot of work but I love to do this sort of thing and the reason I choose Disney is because of the people. I appreciate the thank yous in advance of course, and I dont know how other servers feel so I will just say for myself that its YOU people that make working for a company like Disney so enjoyable. I love the Disney Difference, and the way that Disney makes a huge difference in everyones lives.

To the one who wanted to know how long. So far from what I am told I am flying out to Amsterdam Nov 28 I board the Dream Dec 1 and my contract is 6 months.

Darn! We're gonna miss you by 2 weeks! Maybe you'll be back on for our Oct. cruise!

Well thanks everyone for the good words and for the thanks. I am more so in shock lol. Yes there is excitement but the shock of the whole thing is crazy. Especially now that the Dream is out and doing its tests it is all real and a lil scary now.

I worked at WDW in Epcot as a server for 2 years and I loved every second of it. I know the job is a lot of work but I love to do this sort of thing and the reason I choose Disney is because of the people. I appreciate the thank yous in advance of course, and I dont know how other servers feel so I will just say for myself that its YOU people that make working for a company like Disney so enjoyable. I love the Disney Difference, and the way that Disney makes a huge difference in everyones lives.

To the one who wanted to know how long. So far from what I am told I am flying out to Amsterdam Nov 28 I board the Dream Dec 1 and my contract is 6 months.

S:cool1:ee you on The Dream on March 31!!!

First up; Dryice; good luck on the "new job"! Can imagine it'll be a special time for all of you CM's working the Dream from the beginning.

So the rumours ARE true!? Do you happen to know if you board the Dream at the Amsterdam cruise terminal or if it might be elsewhere? I'm Dutch and rumours are getting rather thick about the Dream being in Amsterdam for a couple of days. Now if that turns out to be true it looks like a daytrip to Amsterdam it is.

Such a shame the Dream'ld have to go "the long way round" to go to Amsterdam. If they'ld be able to use the shorter route, the Dream would've almost literally have been sailing in my backyard. Talk about perhaps 50 feet distance if that. Shame it's too big to sail along this way. Oh well, a 45 minutes drive to see it, is nothing really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter