Some sad news about DIS'er, Suzy Mouse's, family

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dan Murphy, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

Suzy (her real name too), has been around the DIS for many years, one of the 'old timers', though not real active, more a 'lurker' than a poster. On an off over the years, every so often, we trade an email or PM back and forth, a 'hi, how you doing' type.

A couple days ago, Suzy sent me a PM, telling me she wanted to pass on some news. And it was quite sad news to say the least. Many of us may recall a few days back when the news came over the wires of the tourist bus crash in Chile which killed 12 tourists and injured 4 others. Well, one of those killed was Suzy's mom, Carole, and one of those injured, her dad, Harold. :( How very sad, for Suzy and her family, and all the other affected families of this terrible crash.

Suzy also asked if I could put a few words together like this, to share her grief, here on the Community board, as well as the W.I.S.H. and Cruise boards, as those are the boards she frequents most here on the DIS.

Here is a current article, a few days old, from one of their local papers.......

(if link does not work for you)
    Suzy also asked if I could pick a few pictures from her dad's travel website which she had sent me a link to some time back, so as to share her mom and dad and family with us all. Carole and Harold loved to travel, all over the world, as well as to the World. I think these few pictures here, from a Disney cruise, one of their trips to WDW, a trip to China, as well as many not here, trips to Australia, Italy, South America, the Grand Canyon and the West, Canada, and elsewhere, shows a vibrancy, a love of life, of each other. We can all hope we are as such in our retirement years. God speed, Carole, God bless your dad, Suzy, you and all your family.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are Carole and Harold, along with Suzy and her hubby, upper left, her sister and hubby, upper right, and the grandkids, at a family gathering late last year. Suzy's children are on the far left, striped shirt, and far right, denim outfit

[​IMG]

Suzy, again, my condolences on a very sad occurrence that ended such a fun trip for your folks and others. You mom and dad were blessed with each other, with a wonderful family and a wonderful life. My best and prayers for all of you. :hug:

Dan

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. grimley1968

grimley1968 DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to read this. Suzy, please accept my condolences and thoughts for your family.

4. kathybeany

kathybeany Mouseketeer

Oh Suzy! I am so terribly sorry. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

5. Hannosmom

Hannosmom DIS Veteran

What a beautiful couple and family. I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

6. 3mickeys&me

3mickeys&me DIS Veteran

My Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!! We are soooo sorry for your loss! :hug:

7. staceymerrill

staceymerrill DIS Veteran

My condolences and prayers to you and your whole family.. Suzy...I am so sorry about your loss... :grouphug:

8. Enna

Enna This space for rent.<br><font color=red>So where's

Suzy and her family will be in my thoughts & prayers.

9. hccb

hccb Mouseketeer

It was tragic when I first read the news of the accident. Now that we know it's touched one of ours so very deeply it just really sends it to the deepest part of my heart. The saddness...

There just aren't words to convey the emotion, Suzy, but please accept my prayers for healing

10. Verandah Man

Verandah Man I "DREAM" of a "FANTASY" that is full of "MAGIC" & DIS Lifetime Sponsor

My thoughts and prayers go out to you as well, we had several of the others who died from our area, it was such a tragic thing to happen. :grouphug:

11. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

The family will be in our thoughts. We live very close to Monroe, and I grew up in Sayreville.

12. Yankee914

Yankee914 Mouseketeer

Please accept our heartfelt condolences. My husband worked at Con Edison with Suzy's father. He recognized his name in the newspaper when we read about this tragedy, but we didn't know where to send our sympathies to him and his family for the tragic loss of Carole. It shows what a small world this is that Harold's daughter also posts on these boards. Again, please accept our deepest sympathies. Your family will be in our prayers.

13. OurDogCisco

OurDogCisco DIS Veteran

I offer my deepest condolences to Suzy and her family...

14. poconoboatniks

poconoboatniks DIS Veteran

Suzy,

Please know that your parents and family are in our thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

Poconoboatniks

15. carole88

carole88 New Yorker at Heart

Our prayers are with Suzy, her dad and the rest of her family.

16. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

Suzy - so very sorry to hear that your parents were involved in this tragic accident. My prayers go out to you and your family.

17. alwayslisad

alwayslisad DIS Veteran

Oh that made me cry - my heart goes out to them all -

((((HUGS))))

18. sajetto

sajetto <font color=blue>Wedding Pavilion Bride 2007<br><f

Suzy, I am sorry for you loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you in this difficult time. God bless

19. Disneycrazymom

Disneycrazymom DIS Veteran

Suzy, I am sorry for your loss. I hope that your father recovers completely.

20. LIFERBABE

LIFERBABE DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV

I too was deeply saddened to hear of the bus crash. For those of us that love to travel, it really hit home. Please accept our families deepest sympathies.

21. speakupjc

speakupjc DIS Veteran

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.