Some Restaurants not taking the "normal" dining plan anymore???

lisagirl88

Mouseketeer
We were in Disney about a year and a half ago and had the dining plan with one QS, one TS and one snack. We LOVED Chef Mickeys and the Crystal Palace because they were buffets and you were guaranteed to see characters. I went on to book our ADR's for our trip in March and it looks like neither of these restaurants is taking ressies for people on the normal dining plan. PLEASE tell me this isn't true!!!!

We were in Disney about a year and a half ago and had the dining plan with one QS, one TS and one snack. We LOVED Chef Mickeys and the Crystal Palace because they were buffets and you were guaranteed to see characters. I went on to book our ADR's for our trip in March and it looks like neither of these restaurants is taking ressies for people on the normal dining plan. PLEASE tell me this isn't true!!!!

I am not sure what you mean. Is it tell you that you can't, or is it just showing there are no available times?
You also now have to give a CC to guarantee a table at a lot of Character meals (See the thread here that says "New CC guarantee." It won't charge your card unless you don't show and don't cancel 24 hours before. When you get there, they will charge whatever payment you give then- so DDP if you're using it.
Or, if you're not seeing times, it's probably because there are no times available. During Free Dining, ADRs go fast!

I knew about the new credit card policies and there were a ton of times left for both restaurants. My problem is when I got to the confirmation page for each of these restaurants at the bottom there was a chart listing which DDP the restaurant accepted and neither Chef Mickey's or CP seem to accept the lowest table service dining plan for 2012.

I haven't been paying much attention to dining for 2012 but maybe they haven't confirmed those restaurants yet? Check to see if the 2012 dining plan guide lists them (google).

The website has a lot of problem and inaccuracies - that is what the OP is seeing. Go by the 2012 brochure for the DDP, not the website.

Thanks! Just looked at the official pamphlet and called the dining # and was told that both were still accepted with the dining plan(one QS, 1 TS, 1 snack). YEA!!!!

I ran into the same problem yesterday... looked like alot of restaurants we wanted weren't taking regular dining plan. I panicked and called our travel agent who assured me it was just a fluke on the website... they will still be taking dining plan. 179 days to go and we're at Disney!!!

One more thing... We are staying at Poly and spending most of our time in MK, we have small children. I made dinner reservations in Epcot 3 of the nights- I'm wondering just how long it takes to get over there? Anyone know?

One more thing... We are staying at Poly and spending most of our time in MK, we have small children. I made dinner reservations in Epcot 3 of the nights- I'm wondering just how long it takes to get over there? Anyone know?

Plan on an hour for transportation and getting into the park as well as travel time into the restaurant. You can walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot Monorail.

Plan on an hour for transportation and getting into the park as well as travel time into the restaurant. You can walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot Monorail.

That is the key to a quick trip. Going to Epcot from the Poly it is much quicker to walk to the TTC as the TTC is at the far end of the resort loop from the Poly. Coming back it is easy to jump on the resort monorail and travel one stop.

Dumb quesion... what is the TTC?? You are saying that this TTC is quicker than monorail from Poly? Wow, an hour to get to Epcot. I didn't think it would be that long. THX!

Dumb quesion... what is the TTC?? You are saying that this TTC is quicker than monorail from Poly? Wow, an hour to get to Epcot. I didn't think it would be that long. THX!

The TTC is the Ticket & Transportation center, which is the monorail hub basically. That's where you get the monorail to Epcot. The TTC is right next door to the Poly - walkable in 5-10 minutes through the Poly grounds.

It shouldn't take you an hour to GET to Epcot using that approach, but I believe the person who said that was including the time you need to walk to your restaurant once you get to Epcot, and that in itself could be a 20 minute walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts