Some quick questions

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by princessbunny, Jan 14, 2014.

1. princessbunny

princessbunny Earning My Ears

If I bought 50 points for one resort and 100 points for another resort. Are both my home resorts? Can I combine the points together for a reservation at one resort? I hope this makes sense

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Points retain their home resort. So you could combine your two contracts at 7 months out, but not at 11 months out.

4. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

it's a common question but the answer is no.

if you buy 1000 SSR pts and 50 BLT pts and want to book BLT at 11 months out, you can only use pts from the BLT contract. until the 7 month window, it's like you don't even own another contract when you are trying to book BLT.

5. DizBub

DizBub Totally Addicted

Yes, they both would be your home resorts. While you can't combine them at 11 months you can book a split stay at 11 months with both of them.

6. DisneyDiana

DisneyDiana DIS Veteran

Don't want to hijack the thread but if I have separate use years do I have to transfer points from one contract to the other to book a reservation using points from both at 7 months?

7. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

yes.

you can also book 3 nights with one contract and 4 nights with the other and ask MS to link the reservations...but it's probably easier to pool the pts using a transfer.